Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Fitfreak Microfiber Detail Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Smile Fitfreak Microfiber Detail Kits

Hello Everyone-
For those who do know me, I'm the video guru and for those that do not, may name is Tonyd! I am trying to gauge some interest for some of my manufacturing capabilites with microfiber.

I wrote up some information on how we manufacture microfiber and why MIMA TOWEL produces the most superior microfiber on the market today.
Mima Towel manufactures micro fiber that is composed of a blend featuring 70 percent polyester & 30 percent polyamide for a few reasons which include the overall;

*Durability
*Longevity
*Absorbency
*Superior Cleaning Ability

Our manufacturing facilities utilize a circular knitted or warped weave process, composed of wedge-shaped polyester & polyamide filaments with a core of polyester. The fiber's wedge shaped filaments penetrate the surface pores, lift up dirt, and then trap the particles inside the fibers. The capillary effect between the filaments and polyester core creates this high absorbency ratio, which in turn enables this cloth to clean and polish at the same time.
To clean a micro fiber cloth, wash with warm soapy water and rinse well. The warm water opens up the fibers, allowing them to release the locked in dirt. Placing the cloths in a washing machine and then drying them in a dryer on low heat is also effective.
No fabric softeners of any kind should be used as the chemicals clog up the micro fibers, making them less effective. Bleach can absolutely be used with our micro fiber products. However as with any harsh chemical like bleach it will corrodes the fibers over time, making them less effective similar to the way bleach effect cotton fibers. Our micro fiber product line has a wrinkle release feature so no ironing is necessary and should be avoided at all cost due the extremely high temperatures affecting the integrity of the micro fiber.
Mima Towels microfiber product excell in the following industries:
*Car Care
*Foodservice
*Healthcare
*Homegoods
*Hospitality
*Janitorial

Why is my microfiber the best?
Simply put-the finer the denier(measurement of a single fiber) in microfiber, the finer the product! To be considered microfiber the polyester and polyamide strands are only required to hit the 1 denier mark on the scale.....my microfiber specs @ 0.02 denier.
I would not use any other product on the market today because all microfiber is NOT created equal and the wrong microfiber can actually scratch and become abrasive on your car. My product will buff as it dries leaving your car GLEAMING.
Please let me know if there would be any interest on protecting your investment. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by tonyd3773; 03-20-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: edit word
Old 03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Retired Moderator
So what do you recommend for absorbing up the water after a wash? I need one of those! That's a great price for all those Microfiber towels, does the free shipping extend to your friends up north? If so, I might have to get one!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Guys, im testing the towel kit right now, and i have to say they are killer!
Im going to do a review on them on monday haha. But so far i LOVE them, they are great quality, have a ton of diffrent uses, and you get a TON for the money. More to come monday, including pics!

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
I'd have interest. I LOVE microfiber...have washmits and buy the bulk kits at Costco. I'm well aware that the smaller the fiber the better...I'm in the furniture industry and there's huge variance of the quality of microfiber fabrics.

Count me in if you decide to do this.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I'd have interest. I LOVE microfiber...have washmits and buy the bulk kits at Costco. I'm well aware that the smaller the fiber the better...I'm in the furniture industry and there's huge variance of the quality of microfiber fabrics.

I get those Costco ones too! Super cheap and can be disposed of if they get too dirty! If I got these ones, they'd be my polishing and waxing ones The other ones can be used for dirt

Old 03-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Illusive
So what do you recommend for absorbing up the water after a wash? I need one of those! That's a great price for all those Microfiber towels, does the free shipping extend to your friends up north? If so, I might have to get one!
Hey Illusive-
I sent a few samples out to TYLER & RANDOMRACER for testing and trails.....he is my voice. I did not want to just try and sell something on here....I want to create a demand through fellow FITFREAKER's....Tyler & RandomRacer will be writing up a review about my microfiber products just so everyone takes this seriously!
To be honest with you...alot of the microfiber on the market is garbage. U will be hooked on my product as will your cars....as far as drying:
Any of my microfiber towels or shammy will completely absorb all water while prenetrating the surface pores to buff as it dries.
As far as my friends up north......and shipping....let me see what I can do! Thx for your interest.....you will not use a better product!!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Hey Illusive-
I sent a few samples out to TYLER & RANDOMRACER for testing and trails.....he is my voice. I did not want to just try and sell something on here....I want to create a demand through fellow FITFREAKER's....Tyler & RandomRacer will be writing up a review about my microfiber products just so everyone takes this seriously!
To be honest with you...alot of the microfiber on the market is garbage. U will be hooked on my product as will your cars....as far as drying:
Any of my microfiber towels or shammy will completely absorb all water while prenetrating the surface pores to buff as it dries.
As far as my friends up north......and shipping....let me see what I can do! Thx for your interest.....you will not use a better product!!
Sounds good tonyd! I look forward to this GB! We don't get a great selection up here for microfiber towels which is probably why my Fit is covered in swirls despite my best efforts...Hopefully you can get this going ASAP, I'll need these by the end of April for when I take my first crack at using my PC7424 and my new waxes

Old 03-20-2008, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
I get those Costco ones too! Super cheap and can be disposed of if they get too dirty! If I got these ones, they'd be my polishing and waxing ones The other ones can be used for dirt
LOL, that's exactly what I do...dirty wheels...no problem. I use the Costco microfiber and then through it away. I have a large Zymol brand one that is getting pretty worn out. I'm ready when Tony is

Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Dang the products sound great. Im in. All my micro fiber towels are getting kinda worn anyway. haha

Old 03-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL, that's exactly what I do...dirty wheels...no problem. I use the Costco microfiber and then through it away. I have a large Zymol brand one that is getting pretty worn out. I'm ready when Tony is
LOL everytime it gets too dirty and I want to throw it away, my dad is like WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?! WASH IT!!!

I think you got a winner here tonyd, everyone is on board with old towels that need to be replaced!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Smile

Sounds great.....yeah the difference between COSTCO / SAM'S CLUB microfiber and my product is that during the manufacturing process the fibers go through a chemical to actually split the fibers.
Alot of times the textile supervisor overseas splitting the fibers may under process the fiber...meaning a linty, stringy towel that does not hold up during washing.
On the other hand these supervisors over process the fibers in which you are left with a microfiber towel that is abrasive and streaky....please do not be fooled by microfiber....as stated earlier all microfiber is not created equal.
A great test for microfiber is to smear Vasoline on a window, my product with one firm wipe will remove all traces of Vasoline.....try that with other products on the market .

Thx for your interest

Old 03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Retired Moderator
I can vouch for what Tony is saying about the "Best Micrfiber" around. They really are better then my other mircofiber towels. I only have two others, but they seem rather cheap compared to what i got from Tony.
And like i said, they are GREAT for car washing, but they do far more then that. Im 100% impressed with it so far.

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey Tony, since im local can I just pick them up from ya? If you still got my cell number just text me and well make it work.

Eddie

Old 03-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
I can vouch for what Tony is saying about the "Best Micrfiber" around. They really are better then my other mircofiber towels. I only have two others, but they seem rather cheap compared to what i got from Tony.
And like i said, they are GREAT for car washing, but they do far more then that. Im 100% impressed with it so far.

Tyler
Let's get this sale on the road!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Lunar_GD3
Hey Tony, since im local can I just pick them up from ya? If you still got my cell number just text me and well make it work.

Eddie
Hey Eddie-
Thanks for your interest in my microfiber detailing products. This detail kit will have to ship from my office, sorry about that!
However there is NO SHIPPING CHARGES to worry about......you are looking at 4 business days UPS delivery to Cat City. I am ironing out the rest of the details....as far as payment method & shipping to Canada.
Most likely this kit will be available sometime next week.....waiting for Tyler's review & write-up with pictures.

Believe me it well worth the wait.... !

Thx again Eddie...stay tuned!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
.....waiting for Tyler's review & write-up with pictures.
Ahhh man, i didnt know you were waiting on me. Ill try to get right on it then! Sorry bro.

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
These sound great :0) count me in. I purchased microfibers from Wal-Mart and they were scratchy to even touch! I've been purchasing from Auto Zone but these sounds wonderful. Just in time for the spring clean up!

Cat :x

Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by TOOL
Ahhh man, i didnt know you were waiting on me. Ill try to get right on it then! Sorry bro.

Tyler
Take your time Tyler, no prob.....I just wanted the review to come from a respected member for everyone to see first.....before the offical launch! Still finishing up some details on my end....ttyl tony

Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Cat
These sound great :0) count me in. I purchased microfibers from Wal-Mart and they were scratchy to even touch! I've been purchasing from Auto Zone but these sounds wonderful. Just in time for the spring clean up!

Cat :x
Hi Cat-
My product will be night and day compared to Auto Zone & Walmart's microfiber products..the reason for the scratchy microfiber could be possibly due to the microfiber's been over processed as stated above....watch out for this because it can becoming extremely abrasive on any surface...including cars .
There should always be alittle bit of a drag with microfiber due to the fibers being split so fine.....the fibers are 10 X finer then silk!!
Thanks for your interest, please stay tuned for the offical launch of the
"FITFREAK.NET MICROFIBER DETAILING KIT"...coming soon!!!

thx tony

Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
yo tonyd, i am interested in this kit, wat can u do for me over here across the pond in the UK?? will try an get others onboard, no promises...

Quick Reply: Fitfreak Microfiber Detail Kits