Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI on HID Kits for $110 / slim ballast kit $135

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by xenonvisions
Kit parts made in Germany

Kit assembled and shipped off from my warehouse in California
Thanks, I am still interested. Needing to see where new lights fit in with my budget, will need to replace the driving lamps as well.

Cheers.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Guys, I've just purchased 2 sets of lights from Rubin (xenonvisions). So far I've had nothing but great customer service. Since I just sent the money out yesterday, I've yet to receive the product. I won't really be able to give a long term review right away, but, I'll try to let you know how things look when I get them, and install them.

Cheers!
Brian

Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by linus011
Guys, I've just purchased 2 sets of lights from Rubin (xenonvisions). So far I've had nothing but great customer service. Since I just sent the money out yesterday, I've yet to receive the product. I won't really be able to give a long term review right away, but, I'll try to let you know how things look when I get them, and install them.

Cheers!
Brian
Good, please try and take a photo from the driver's seat, dark road with if possible a reflective sign at the furthest point visible. Do this before and after the install. Best is a low beam and high beam pic.

Let us know how long the kit takes to install.

Cheers.

I have since found out camera photos are garbage as the settings can and do alter the end result. So please do not waste your time.

Last edited by kamakurakid; 11-05-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Kit looks good, I am interested.
Do you also carry fog kits?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned
Stay away from HID "kits"

I am taking a miss on this entire offer, the following link explains why buying this or indeed any HID "kit" is a really bad idea without a major modification of the entire lighting unit including the glass. Now if someone thinks they can put forth a scientific and quality point of view as to how Daniel Stern really knows nothing of lighting, I am all ears and ready to place an order. How can all the best minds in this area of science be wrong? They know what they speak of. Read the article and let the debate continue if need be.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Last edited by kamakurakid; 11-05-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
I am taking a miss on this entire offer, the following link explains why buying this or indeed any HID "kit" is a really bad idea without a major modification of the entire lighting unit including the glass. Now if someone thinks they can put forth a scientific and quality point of view as to how Daniel Stern really knows nothing of lighting, I am all ears and ready to place an order. How can all the best minds in this area of science be wrong? They know what they speak of. Read the article and let the debate continue if need be.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
I get glare from Bimmers and Lexus' all the time. So to me, there's not much fo a difference.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
this sounds good...hyperwhite is pure white or white with some xtra little tint like bmws have?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fits_all
this sounds good...hyperwhite is pure white or white with some xtra little tint like bmws have?
All Bimmers come stock with 4300K. The projectors is what causes the light output to look a little blue-ish.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by xenonvisions
sketchy info!!?? ive provided you all the info you requested and answered your questions...CALL ME AT 214-272-0297 an we can talk more in-depth about the kit

just say wut u wanna say here because im sure my question is in the minds of the other members as well

Old 11-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by aliencowboy
Kit looks good, I am interested.
Do you also carry fog kits?
yes we carry fog kit as well

same price $110 for the regular and $135 for the slim

Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
The price is as follows, all kits come with FREE shipping:

Single-beam regular kit: $110
Bi-xenon regular kit: $160
Single-beam SLIM kit: $135
Bi-xenon SLIM kit: $170

Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
I get glare from Bimmers and Lexus' all the time. So to me, there's not much fo a difference.
Tit for Tat, the bigger gun theory. To each their own.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cigma08

just say wut u wanna say here because im sure my question is in the minds of the other members as well
A public debate is best, although I am seeing plenty who are interested in the HID look and really they could care less about the safety or quality issues involved. For myself, hitting a moose or elk in the middle of the night does nothing for my total HID look. Pissing off a cop due to a less than legal light beam is just dumb. Here the ticket has to be in the hundreds of dollars.

Comparing these HID kits to those on Lexus, BMW, Benz, etc is also a dumb view. Do they really think these factory lights costing upwards of $5,000 and more are in any way the same as an HID costing a couple hundred? Really?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I am a loyal Xenon Visions customer and seller. I got my first 4300K kit back in spring 2007 and absolutely loved it. The install took me about 10 minutes and the quality of the kit was top notch. My first kit lasted me about 8 months, until I accidentally got one of the ballasts wet while cleaning my engine bay. So I emailed Xenon Visions and they sent me a new ballast, free of charge. Due to the fact that they offer a 1-year warranty. Not only do the HIDs have excellent quality, but the customer service is fantastic.

I have one kit on my DB8, my GF has one on her YH1, and my friend has one on his DC5. They are both happy with the Xenon Visions kits.
uh your ballast broke just cause you got it wet?? that doesn't sound very reassuring...anyways xenonvisions are you guys planning on doing a GB anytime soon?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
A public debate is best, although I am seeing plenty who are interested in the HID look and really they could care less about the safety or quality issues involved. For myself, hitting a moose or elk in the middle of the night does nothing for my total HID look. Pissing off a cop due to a less than legal light beam is just dumb. Here the ticket has to be in the hundreds of dollars.

Comparing these HID kits to those on Lexus, BMW, Benz, etc is also a dumb view. Do they really think these factory lights costing upwards of $5,000 and more are in any way the same as an HID costing a couple hundred? Really?
yeah, well if cops gave you a ticket for your light, it would only be a fix it ticket, so its not that bad, and if you drive a pretty clean car they probably wont even notice. i think the kits on BMWs are like an extra 800 dollars and i think its mostly because of the projectors and angel eyes.

plus if you get like 4300k or 6000k its not really noticeable unless you get like 12000k or 10000k or i saw on xenithxenons they had like green/pink HIDs.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
uh your ballast broke just cause you got it wet?? that doesn't sound very reassuring...anyways xenonvisions are you guys planning on doing a GB anytime soon?
Go to your car, open your hood and spray your battery. Have fun!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Go to your car, open your hood and spray your battery. Have fun!
? why would i do that? aren't ballast supposed to be waterproof, shockproof, etc proof??

how can you compare a ballast to a battery

Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
? why would i do that? aren't ballast supposed to be waterproof, shockproof, etc proof??

how can you compare a ballast to a battery
I'm proving a point. A lot of products are waterproof, but they're not invincible. Shit happens. Things break. Get over it. Ruben has upgraded the ballasts since I bought my kit. I had his first gen kit. The new kits are much better and will withstand water.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm proving a point. A lot of products are waterproof, but they're not invincible. Shit happens. Things break. Get over it. Ruben has upgraded the ballasts since I bought my kit. I had his first gen kit. The new kits are much better and will withstand water.
so, if i buy something for $110 that is supposedly waterproof and i get some water on it and it breaks, i just have to "get over it" because "shit happens". How can you be so sure his new kits will withstand water when you just previously stated that products are not "invincible". Your point isn't proven.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
so, if i buy something for $110 that is supposedly waterproof and i get some water on it and it breaks, i just have to "get over it" because "shit happens". How can you be so sure his new kits will withstand water when you just previously stated that products are not "invincible". Your point isn't proven.
I'm saying that all products aren't invincible. That's why Ruben offers a 1-year warrantly. Just in case shit happens.

Quick Reply: GI on HID Kits for $110 / slim ballast kit $135