Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
I got my item and would like to thank you.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B52PSI
I got my item and would like to thank you.
Well what do you think about the way it works?.... I want to use ec5 to save money on fuel but sp7 is so much fun..... As for the other settings ,I'll get around to checking them out one of these days

Old 12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I've had mine in EC5 and I seem to be going further on a tank. I haven't refueled since I installed this TC so I can't say for sure. I'm at 242 miles a little below half tank on the fuel gauge. I'm still trying to figure out a clean way to mount it.

And on a side note I would not recommend SP7 in the rain lol. I just spun my tires any time I tried to get on the throttle.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Glad you guys enjoy our ETC kit.

Panson

Originally Posted by TurboManGT
I've had mine in EC5 and I seem to be going further on a tank. I haven't refueled since I installed this TC so I can't say for sure. I'm at 242 miles a little below half tank on the fuel gauge. I'm still trying to figure out a clean way to mount it.

And on a side note I would not recommend SP7 in the rain lol. I just spun my tires any time I tried to get on the throttle.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
how much are this things?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rvall004
how much are this things?

Please visit our store at TWP CO. LTD..
BTW, we are having Christmas Sale right now!!!

Another Update!!!!

Our engineers are working on new harness to include European Makes and Models such as BMW, VW, and Audi...etc

Stay Tuned!!!!

Panson

Old 12-09-2009, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
I filled up my tank to the top and made a trip to Dallas driving mostly in EC5 and put a total of 236 miles on the odometer with the fuel gauge sitting at the 1/2 mark.... Dallas has a reputation for having the most aggressive drivers in the country so in order to keep from being run over I went to the SP7 mode after 100 miles of EC5, and at a stop light made a left turn going under the freeway with my tires squealing as I shot past the other cars in the inside lane.... There is quite a difference between those 2 modes to say the least... I used the throttle position readout in EC5 mode to try and keep a reading of no more than 25 % and was able to stay at 20% at 60 mph on flat surfaced roads 25% at 65 to 70 mph rising 5% to 10% on hills maintaining the same speeds... when I changed from SP7 back to EC5 after leaving the big city and just cruising while listening to music and blowing a little accompaniment on my harmonica, I found that I was going 45mph on a 4 lane U.S. highway with a 65mph night time speed limit though my foot was resting on the go pedal where it normally would have been at 65 or 70 mph.... I can tell that it is possible to gain an improvement in fuel mileage using the EC modes and leaving the SP7 mode alone.... Right now I am having so much fun with the right now throttle response of SP7 it looks like it will be awhile before I am able to get the mileage figures that can be attained with this thing.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
PM me the approximate pricing please!! very interested!

Old 12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3 PWR
PM me the approximate pricing please!! very interested!
PM Sent. Christmas Sale. ETC is now $160 shipped to US lower 48 states.

Panson

Old 12-10-2009, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Well what do you think about the way it works?.... I want to use ec5 to save money on fuel but sp7 is so much fun..... As for the other settings ,I'll get around to checking them out one of these days
Well to be frank, mine I got it for SP7 option, but I tried both, throttle response is better, but I can't say by high margin, but for this price I consider it a good deal, but if Blitz will preform the same for $345(more or less) I consider it bad deal and save my money for turbo maybe.

Anyway if someone is interested I am attaching a pic of mounting place, it is near the mirror button, I found it good there as there is a small open in the fuse cover, and it only took me 7 min to wire and mount the device.

Panson thanks again

Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the pic. I have the coin holder though, plus I'm OCD and would want the text to be right side up lol

Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Hey quick question. I know i backed out of this deal and that sucks........ im so sad, i'll get it when i have money. Back to the question. A friend of mines has a 2007 Nissan Maxima and he's interested in this but he doesnt know if its going to fit his car. The engine code is VQ35DE which is like the 350z and G35 but hes not sure if the harness is going to fit correctly. Does someone know???

Old 12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitVic
Hey quick question. I know i backed out of this deal and that sucks........ im so sad, i'll get it when i have money. Back to the question. A friend of mines has a 2007 Nissan Maxima and he's interested in this but he doesnt know if its going to fit his car. The engine code is VQ35DE which is like the 350z and G35 but hes not sure if the harness is going to fit correctly. Does someone know???
Sir, you've got a pm.

Panson

Old 12-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok I went through a complete tank on EC5. 338 miles on 8.5 gallons = 39.76 mpg

Not my best tank, but its about 3 mpg more than an average tank. It was about 50-50 city and highway. Now its time for SP7

Old 12-13-2009, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Ok I went through a complete tank on EC5. 338 miles on 8.5 gallons = 39.76 mpg

Not my best tank, but its about 3 mpg more than an average tank. It was about 50-50 city and highway. Now its time for SP7
50-50 city highway..... That is great.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:43 PM
im having problems with my tc, the obd2 connector from the control box doesnt snap on to the obd2 slot in the car, its really loose, and whats up with the cutting of the wires? why would i cut the obd2 wires from the control box??? then the plug wouldnt be connected to anything?!? why are there like 5 different instructions, i know not to look at the 3A 5A etc.. i couldn't find the 4A instruction, so i used the basic one, that one doesnt say anything about cutting wires, but all the sudden another piece of paper comes out sayin i need to cut the blak and red wire and run a negative, and where the hell does the red wire go? Other than that, my tc lights up, it says when im accelerating, but... i dont feel a single difference. can i get some help? i have a gd3 2008

Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evan_2k
im having problems with my tc, the obd2 connector from the control box doesnt snap on to the obd2 slot in the car, its really loose, and whats up with the cutting of the wires? why would i cut the obd2 wires from the control box??? then the plug wouldnt be connected to anything?!? why are there like 5 different instructions, i know not to look at the 3A 5A etc.. i couldn't find the 4A instruction, so i used the basic one, that one doesnt say anything about cutting wires, but all the sudden another piece of paper comes out sayin i need to cut the blak and red wire and run a negative, and where the hell does the red wire go? Other than that, my tc lights up, it says when im accelerating, but... i dont feel a single difference. can i get some help? i have a gd3 2008
I haven't install mine yet, but I would stick with the basic installation methods and plug the harness as a go in-between the accelerator harness. As far as the red wire...I believe that is for the reverse cancel.
hope that helps.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Evan_2k
I didn't cut any wires. I just plugged everything in and calibrated the unit.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Same as last post.... You may have to reprogram the unit with the ignition on and the throttle down and don't mess with the individual wires..... Just be sure to not leave it set on the SP7 setting if there is a chance someone else might need to drive your car.... My wife had to move mine this morning to get her car out of the garage and it scared the hell out of her.... I am just glad she didn't back into something.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:25 PM
what do you guys mean re calibrate it? or reprogram?

Quick Reply: Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9