Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
There are procedures in the instructions with details of procedures to program the unit after hooking all of the wiring together.... I can't even figure out how to put photos on a computer screen but somehow managed to get it right so I know you can do it....

Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Look under the "setting method" section of your ETC instruction manual. Not the harness manual but the ETC manual.

Coyote beat me to it lol

Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Boy is he in for a surprise when he discovers SP7... LOLx10.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 AM
no i know theres a button to change the setting to norm eco sp1-7... its just the weirdest shit is that i feel the kick on eco mode, but on sp7 mode i dont feel shiet? wtf is wrong with my tc lol

Old 12-14-2009, 04:56 AM
i think mine might be a malfunction, everything is plug correctly except the obd2 is really loose, but thats about it. The sp7 mode i serioulsy dont feel anything, it feels like the tc isnt even working, but on eco mode i feel the kick?

Old 12-14-2009, 04:57 AM
i had a blitz controller and this never has happend to me.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evan_2k
i had a blitz controller and this never has happend to me.
Sir, I can get you a replacement if you think there is something wrong w/ the TC.

Please send the old unit w/ harness back so that I can get you a new kit.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle
Panson

Last edited by twpanson; 12-16-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evan_2k
i think mine might be a malfunction, everything is plug correctly except the obd2 is really loose, but thats about it. The sp7 mode i serioulsy dont feel anything, it feels like the tc isnt even working, but on eco mode i feel the kick?
Sir,
Here are words quoted from other forum member on how to program the kit w/ video clip. Please do go thorough the process one more time. If the kit still doesn't work out right, I will get you a new one!!!

Hope this could help.
""Programing the Unit:
1) Turn the car to the accessories setting, do not actually start the car. If you mess up, turn the car off and set it up to the accessories setting again.

2) You will notice that the readout should go straight to the “norm” readout, which is NORMAL, next you press and hold the MODE button, the readout will then go to “- - -”, then go to the number 7, it will continue to count down to 0, keep holding the button so it can go all the way to 0, when it gets to the next view, you can let go of the MODE button.

3) Next there is now what should be a readout showing .8 or something similar, this is a voltage meter to what is going through the accelerator pedal, this is what actually is controlling the throttle position in the car. This display should be flashing.

4) Now, with the display still flashing you do not touch the gas pedal, let it up all the way to 0% pressed. Mine was at .8 when it was all the way up. Press the SET button so it will now program this new number at the 0% accelerator pressed memory.

5) After you set the 0% memory, it will now say the words SET, then go to another display of the same thing, flashing voltage meter. Now press the accelerator 100% in, I chose 95% because if you press it into the floor, rarely do you press that hard to reach full throttle. Your new readout on the box should be 3.7 or similar. Press SET to save this as your 100% memory.

Here is a clip showing what exactly steps need to be done.
YouTube - NTD Throttle Contoller Setup

Panson

Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
HOLY COW~!

I installed mine yesterday and programmed it. Or so I thought. After I finished I took her out and was disappointed with the results. I could feel a difference between the SP modes, but SP7 didn't feel like how others explained it.

It turns out, I was letting go of the mode button when the countdown read 0. I thought I had programmed it, but I really didn't. After watching the youtube video posted above, I programmed it again and everything works like I thought it would.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Imagine how insane it would be to drive in SP7 mode with the pedal programmed while down only 50%..... As crazy as I am, just the idea of doing that scares me.... Maybe if my car was bone stock and had the automatic transmission, but just to see what it was like.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Imagine how insane it would be to drive in SP7 mode with the pedal programmed while down only 50%..... As crazy as I am, just the idea of doing that scares me.... Maybe if my car was bone stock and had the automatic transmission, but just to see what it was like.
That is a scary idea.........

Enjoy the kit and Be Careful w/ your throttle response, everyone

Cheers
Panson

Old 12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yes, and even more so with the super charger..... I am now able to drive in traffic comfortably in traffic in the SP7 mode but it is better for my wallet if I don't..... I like being able to see the throttle position displayed while driving in the EC5 mode.... I am developing a feather foot by trying to use the lowest throttle position I can to maintain the speed limit going up and down hills.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Ok so Texas Coyote has me interested in this...depending on how my finances go for the new year, I may be in for one. Subscribed.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Alright so I got mine and here's what I think of it:

Compared to the Blitz TC's SP3, the SP7 on this unit seems to lack a certain "punch" to it... I'm not sure if it's my memory failing me, but I do feel that the BTC's highest Sport setting gave me better throttle response than SP7 is on this. I can't verify that unless I had the BTC but something seems "off."

With the KWSC it's a bit too easy to wind up in boost with SP7 so I think I'll stay away from that.. it's easy enough to boost with normal throttle really. What I got the TC for mostly is the EC mode and it seems to work as I imagined - throttle opens up slower than default. Hopefully this helps raise my MPG as I've found that on EC3 I can easily keep my car from hitting boost, while normally I'm always tipping it into boost during light and heavy traffic. EC5 feels a bit too drastically different (slow) to use in my opinion... you put your foot down and watch the rpm crawl, trying to catch up. The beauty of the EC mode is that you can easily control your throttle position without having to featherfoot, yet when it's time to accelerate hard, you can stomp it and you'll get your boost just like you would have without the TC.

Anyways, for the price this is definitely a good purchase whether you're NA or boosted - NA can use SP mode to punch up the response and make the drive livelier, while boosted Fits can now use EC to maintain decent speeds & acceleration without accidentally tipping into boost.

By the way, is everyone seeing 0.4v for low and 2.2v for highest when setting up the TC?

Last edited by Koi; 12-18-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Try using Ec 5 for a couple of hours and the go to Sp7 and you will be surprised at the difference..... I forgot what either of the voltage readings were on my car, sorry.... Even after some very foolish driving in Sp7 mode I gained 2 MPG..... Lets be realistic, if we've got boost and we have money for fuel we are going to use boost.... I try hard to be a good boy but I just can't resist temptation.... Do you think I'm going to burn in hell???

Old 12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Umm I think mine was .3 and 3.8?? Those numbers are in my head for some reason

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Just wanted to chime in that I'm currently running a full tank on EC3 to see if it improves my fuel economy. At the moment I'm almost hitting the 1/2 mark and despite the engine surging and dying due to a possible MAP sensor problem, I'm getting the same MPG doing 100% city as I got doing 50/50 city/highway without the TC. 1/2 a tank isn't enough to base anything on, but so far it seems to be working to some degree.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
After Christmas Special Pricing. 4A & 7A are both in stock here at Houson, TX. Buy it today and get it within 2-3 days by USPS Priority w/ tracking#.

PM me for detail

Panson
TWP

Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Grr...need my extra pay from work to come early so I can get this...we'll see.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Grr...need my extra pay from work to come early so I can get this...we'll see.
You really do need this thing. It is a lot of fun when you need a laugh and very practical whenever you need to conserve fuel.

Quick Reply: Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9