Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

$300 Coilovers for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Sent

I have a set of coils too but I wanna see how this goes.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 03-18-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Im interested.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
i'd get it too, works well in miatas too

Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 PM
sent. My 83k mile fit needs new suspension!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Perrenoud Fit;856694]
Originally Posted by Necos07
Ok guys I know some people would like to buy some basic coilovers without the outrageous price. So Ive been talking with a company called Raceland & they said if there is enough interest they will make a kit for us. So all u have to do is E-Mail the company at cs@racelandus.com and just write "Please make a Coilover Kit for the Honda Fit". Even if u dont need or want a kit please support us that do, its only a quick E-Mail. After u send the E-Mail please respond to this thread with "SENT" & any comments u would like to add. I just need to know how many people are emailing them so I can keep bothering them. Thanks guys

200-300 dollars is a real price that the public can pay. It's the 1,500 dollar coil overs that are soooo far over priced that the guys selling them should be driven out of business. It's good to see a compamy looking to bring in the smaller mark up 100s of times over and they will make more than the co. selling with a 400% mark up.
Let's get real here how much $ can there really be in manufacturing a shock, $30.00?

I like the way you can make blunt statements like that without knowing anything about the industry.

THese 300 dollar coilovers are just that, they are cheap shocks with crap springs, and they look like it. The reason why they are so cheap is because these guys are twin tube shocks that wont be able to be rebuilt which completely defeats the purpose of coilovers in the first place. Also you can see the little stroke it has fully extended, now I hope that you are also aware that these lose stroke as you lower it. That is exactly what I see, a 300 dollar coilover system which are probably doing a 400% markup. Cheap material (look at the lower brackets).
You can buy 20dollar monroe shocks for a domestic, and put a 40 dollar sleeve on it from ebay and you would have the same thing.

Real coilovers use single casing designs and are multiple way adjustable on top of that if you want to modify the spring rates or the dynamics of the car it can be revalved to the setup in which you want. These coilovers are pretty much shocks with threading on them so that you can lower and raise the car to your liking and that is it. The ride is going to be utter crap. The reason why these shocks can be so cheap is because they have maybe 5 or 6 shocks that they use for all of their coilovers, they just weld on different brackets for different applciation. Real coilovers have hundreds of different shocks because they have two for each application (one shock for the front and one for the rear)

Just to give you a quick rundown of how much coilovers would come with.
This 1500 dollar coilover that your speaking of will be monotube, with aluminum bottom brackets, camber plates, and pillow ball upper mounts for the top with 15-30 way rebound adjustment.

I mean you probably don't know anything about manufacturing so it would be useless to explain to you.

I can also go into detail about the differences in coils as well, but again it's something that us fit drivers will never be able to use to it's full extent. But bottom line is I greatly appreciate that some of these high end coilover manufactures even consider making these coilovers for our cars, just incase someone would like to get serious about performance with the Fit.

Drivers running the redline timeattack can save up to 4 seconds around a racetrack setting up their coilover their liking.

All you did was make yourself sound stupid. I'm sure many might even agree with you, but again that would also just be ignorance.

Now I'm not saying these don't work, I wont even bother reading other end users reviews on them because I don't think half of them knows what to look for nor have they ever bought quality coilovers to compare. As long as your just driving around on them it should be fine. Im not bashing on the product, it's Perrenoud Fit's logic that doesn't make sense to me and that's exactly the kind of person who makes these stupid reviews for these kinds of coilovers. It will sound like a magical set of coilovers for 300dollars. but no thats not what they are.

Heres a simple test shake these coilovers hard up and down, and then flip them over and compress the shock. watch what happens. Classic example of twintube shocks.

Last edited by Destructo; 05-19-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
whoa dude you are the shock expert okay
Hey take care and just a side note; judging others is how you are judged by others.
edit....
msglength

Last edited by Destructo; 05-20-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

[quote=Destructo;858389]
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit

I like the way you can make blunt statements like that without knowing anything about the industry.

THese 300 dollar coilovers are just that, they are cheap shocks with crap springs, and they look like it. The reason why they are so cheap is because these guys are twin tube shocks that wont be able to be rebuilt which completely defeats the purpose of coilovers in the first place. Also you can see the little stroke it has fully extended, now I hope that you are also aware that these lose stroke as you lower it. That is exactly what I see, a 300 dollar coilover system which are probably doing a 400% markup. Cheap material (look at the lower brackets).
You can buy 20dollar monroe shocks for a domestic, and put a 40 dollar sleeve on it from ebay and you would have the same thing.

Real coilovers use single casing designs and are multiple way adjustable on top of that if you want to modify the spring rates or the dynamics of the car it can be revalved to the setup in which you want. These coilovers are pretty much shocks with threading on them so that you can lower and raise the car to your liking and that is it. The ride is going to be utter crap. The reason why these shocks can be so cheap is because they have maybe 5 or 6 shocks that they use for all of their coilovers, they just weld on different brackets for different applciation. Real coilovers have hundreds of different shocks because they have two for each application (one shock for the front and one for the rear)

Just to give you a quick rundown of how much coilovers would come with.
This 1500 dollar coilover that your speaking of will be monotube, with aluminum bottom brackets, camber plates, and pillow ball upper mounts for the top with 15-30 way rebound adjustment.

I mean you probably don't know anything about manufacturing so it would be useless to explain to you.

I can also go into detail about the differences in coils as well, but again it's something that us fit drivers will never be able to use to it's full extent. But bottom line is I greatly appreciate that some of these high end coilover manufactures even consider making these coilovers for our cars, just incase someone would like to get serious about performance with the Fit.

Drivers running the redline timeattack can save up to 4 seconds around a racetrack setting up their coilover their liking.

All you did was make yourself sound stupid. I'm sure many might even agree with you, but again that would also just be ignorance.

Now I'm not saying these don't work, I wont even bother reading other end users reviews on them because I don't think half of them knows what to look for nor have they ever bought quality coilovers to compare. As long as your just driving around on them it should be fine. Im not bashing on the product, it's Perrenoud Fit's logic that doesn't make sense to me and that's exactly the kind of person who makes these stupid reviews for these kinds of coilovers. It will sound like a magical set of coilovers for 300dollars. but no thats not what they are.

Heres a simple test shake these coilovers hard up and down, and then flip them over and compress the shock. watch what happens. Classic example of twintube shocks.
Real coilovers can be single tube or dual tube.. just cause they have more than one doesnt make it a fake coilover.

Not all coilovers are adjustable.. infact the word coilover means coil over strut or shock. the stock fit front suspension is a coilover. people now a days think that because you cant adjust it, its not a coilover. the word you guys should call this is "adjustable/ tunable coilovers."

The "multiway.." adjustable at the "top" has nothing to do with changing your spring rates.. this changes the dampening of the damper..

all those adjustable coilovers that say "ZOMG 39 way adjustable!" is ricer sh!t. you really think 1 click out of 30+ setting is that noticeable? ... >.>

and after reading that last part i bolded, i just stopped reading you speak out of your a$$hole. GTFO

Old 05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=JCrimson;858994]
Originally Posted by Destructo

Real coilovers can be single tube or dual tube.. just cause they have more than one doesnt make it a fake coilover.

Not all coilovers are adjustable.. infact the word coilover means coil over strut or shock. the stock fit front suspension is a coilover. people now a days think that because you cant adjust it, its not a coilover. the word you guys should call this is "adjustable/ tunable coilovers."

The "multiway.." adjustable at the "top" has nothing to do with changing your spring rates.. this changes the dampening of the damper..

all those adjustable coilovers that say "ZOMG 39 way adjustable!" is ricer sh!t. you really think 1 click out of 30+ setting is that noticeable? ... >.>

and after reading that last part i bolded, i just stopped reading you speak out of your a$$hole. GTFO
It's interesting because you apparently pick and choose the words that you want to read and didn't understand the point of my message at all.

You can go ahead and re-read it and maybe you will understand it better. I usually dont use punctuations in my posts so it may have thrown you off.

- You can break down the term coilover however way you want to. I understand coilovers can be either twin or Mono. But there are only a handful of coilovers that are priced at 1500 dollars that are Twin. In my opinion twintubes priced like that are ripoffs. The reason why I posted originally is because twintubes and monotubes were grouped up in the same category.

- HAHA! and I never said you change your spring rate through the shock. Which can also be done though by the way on a monotube coilovers, so in other words not only did you misread my post but you also don't know what you are talking about, The gas pressure in the shocks can add or decrease spring rate within itself. Many teams do it when they are racing and they do not have enough time to swap springs while in the pits.

Anyways the statement I made was the fact that Monotube coilovers are revalvable to the springrates you put on it. In other words you can swap on stiffer springs and if it cannot dampen the spring then they can be revalved to do so. Twintube on the other hand cannot. They are a sealed cartridge unit. Re-read my post buddy.

- And of course you would say adjustable coilovers are Ricer shit...... but no its not, you just don't understand any of it. And Jcrimson this is also a very stupid comment to make. Even a megan or bc coilover, though made cheaply and probably have no research and development specific to vehicle application, still works. On a 30 way adjustable coilover unit usually uses a a needle and hole design, and yes the clicks make a difference. JRZ is possibly the only shock where the actual ports in the piston would change but some shock manufacturer believes that there are inefficiencies with that. That is why AST, Moton, and companies even like the Tein Monotube suspensions all use needle and hole design. A person probably like yourself can make statements like the clicks don't work becasue you obviously don't know anything about coilover designs. Anyways I'll explain it to you.

The problem here is that you think that every click will make the same amount of difference as the very next click. In other words every adjustment on the coilover is spaced out perfectly. Well that is not the case the adjustment is progressive. The first few clicks probably wont do anything on most coilovers, the reason being the needle is simply too far away from the hole. This mechanism is centered right in the middle of the suspension shaft inside the piston, they are just a runway in which the shock oil can route into without any kind of hindrance of the valving, as the needle gets closer to the hole the oil is getting more and more blocked off not letting as much oil go through making the shocks rebound stiffer. Anyways for example on a 30 way adjustable coilover click number 15 would be about 20 percent of the max stiffness the shock can get up to. And so it gets very progressive from there becasue click number 30 is obviously where the hole is pretty much plugged up and the only thing dampening now is the shims on the piston.

In other words your whole post was a waste of space. Sorry.

by the way Perrenoud Fit
edited previous post. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Destructo; 05-20-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Im glad my post motivated you to wiki and google. that was the intent. please don't explain your self to me.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Destructo ^ Welcome to the F.F. Forum
Can we just be friends?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
Im glad my post motivated you to wiki and google. that was the intent. please don't explain your self to me.

That's cute I dont need to use those buddy. Find me the info I spat out on google or wiki and you might be able to prove something, but you wont because it's all through experience on working on suspension and buying and testing products.

Using Wiki and google is exactly what you should have done before you posted though.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
please keep explaining yourself. its starting to work. dont be so butt hurt man, just come to peace with this.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Using Wiki and google is exactly what you should have done before you posted though.
In other words your whole post was a waste of space. Sorry.
PWNED! LOL.

JCrimson, Destructo does make sense. Maybe you should read it again.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 3WHP
PWNED! LOL.

JCrimson, Destructo does make sense. Maybe you should read it again.
"Ahhh easy on the teeth 3WHP."

Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Anybody heard from Raceland about this topic? My brother has their coils on his E36 and we both agree they're pretty awesome. He doesn't do any extreme racing and I think if that's your thing then drop the 1K+ on a for-sure quality brand, but for everyday driving Raceland seems to be just fine. Would love a $300 set of coils for my Fit

Old 01-20-2012, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
The majority of the people that spend money for after market suspension components are doing it to lower the car and have no interest in whether the suspension works properly or not... If my goal was to lower the car as much as I could I would buy the cheapest thing I could get that would do the job... By drastically limiting the suspension travel and setting the dampers on the stiffest setting, you are going to ruin even the most costly components available or end up damaging something else on your car if you drive your car for daily transportation, so why go broke getting a kit that cost 4 or 5 times more when you can spend less and do the same damage.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by score04w
you get what you pay for and I'm a brand whore. id rather shell out the extra $$$ for a skunk2 than go generic. Suspension is too much of a big deal to cheap out on.
First time i've seen this thread, but the irony made me

For $300 i've give em a shot on a dedicated track car. Why not.

I bet if they painted them purple people would be sackriding like a mofo.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
you get what you pay for and I'm a brand whore. id rather shell out the extra $$$ for a skunk2 than go generic.
not sure if serious. skunk2 is fucking garbage

Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
'Tis a reason its called Junk2.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
troof, mike

Quick Reply: $300 Coilovers for the Fit