Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

$300 Coilovers for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
$300 Coilovers for the Fit

Ok guys I know some people would like to buy some basic coilovers without the outrageous price. So Ive been talking with a company called Raceland & they said if there is enough interest they will make a kit for us. So all u have to do is E-Mail the company at cs@racelandus.com and just write "Please make a Coilover Kit for the Honda Fit". Even if u dont need or want a kit please support us that do, its only a quick E-Mail. After u send the E-Mail please respond to this thread with "SENT" & any comments u would like to add. I just need to know how many people are emailing them so I can keep bothering them. Thanks guys

Old 11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Sent the email...

Old 11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
BOOM!!!! done

Old 11-25-2009, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
The last thing needed is ANOTHER coil over kit. And for the price, ooof!
Lets see, other good name brand coilovers for $1000-$1500....Raceland is $200-300. The math doesn't equate to quality, and the spring rates are only for race when you check out a Honda application on their site. Lets all send inquiries, maybe 100 of us so they think tons of people will want them. And then only 4 end up ordering. Would that be fair?

Old 11-25-2009, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
The last thing needed is ANOTHER coil over kit. And for the price, ooof!
Lets see, other good name brand coilovers for $1000-$1500....Raceland is $200-300. The math doesn't equate to quality, and the spring rates are only for race when you check out a Honda application on their site. Lets all send inquiries, maybe 100 of us so they think tons of people will want them. And then only 4 end up ordering. Would that be fair?
First of all thank u for ur comment & concern. Now as my original post stated its a basic kit & people here are not stupid & they know a basic kit is not gonna perform like say Skunk 2 but not everybody races their Fit some people just like the ability to adjust ride height. Me on the other hand I am gonna race my Fit so Im gonna buy the kit & replace the springs with Eibach. The springs I purchace will be the stiffness I need to reach my goal. As for the purchasing of the item Im trying to get people to E-mail to get them going on designing it & I have a list of over 60+ Fit owners ready to buy. So the answer is NO not only 4 people are gonna purchase this kit.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned
sent............

Old 11-26-2009, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
you get what you pay for and I'm a brand whore. id rather shell out the extra $$$ for a skunk2 than go generic. Suspension is too much of a big deal to cheap out on.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
you get what you pay for and I'm a brand whore. id rather shell out the extra $$$ for a skunk2 than go generic. Suspension is too much of a big deal to cheap out on.
OK........... thank u for ur comment. Some people like the piece of mind of name brand. Me I buy basic & build from it. Ive been racing these tuner cars since before Super Street even existed When the name brands were what ever u can fabricate urself coz there was no aftermarket support, so for me it doesnt matter. To each his own

Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
BUMP Lets go folks lets make this happen

Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
i sent the email but honestly, its not the brand im worried about, its the quality! like if the shocks will perform well or not. also, the welds and mounting points look cheap, what if they snap off during high stress?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
I completely agree with u. I will definitely inspect the hell out of this system before I take it to the track. My friend has it on his Acura & it looks really good & he personally likes it. The reason I started this was just to have a basic kit for normal people to have in their daily drivers. Im gonna race mine but I will take the extra steps to make sure this system is safe.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think you know anything about spring rate and dampening. What Eibach springs were you thinking were going to mount into these coilovers since Eibach doesn't make a coilover for this application? I would consider Endura-Tech Coilovers for basic at about $850. Anything for $300 would be called junk. Endura is located in your backyard. You should look them up before anything else.

Last edited by radareclipse; 11-27-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think you know anything about spring rate and dampening. What Eibach springs were you thinking were going to mount into these coilovers since Eibach doesn't make a coilover for this application? I would consider Endura-Tech Coilovers for basic at about $850. Anything for $300 would be called junk. Endura is located in your backyard. You should look them up before anything else.
I dont understand how such a simple thread about trying to get something at low cost becomes an issue. If u guys want to support go ahead if not move on.. it is not that serious.

P.S. If u know so much about springs & dampening please right a technical thread so us dumb people can learn. Coz the fact that I have been a Certified Toyota Technician with my ASE Certifications for over 7 years now & the fact that I race every year even in the East coast in Atco & Englishtown, NJ. & Maple Grove Raceway its still no match for ur vast knowledge so please help.

Thanks to all the people who did email the company & all the people that didnt post but emailed me directly.

MODS please close this thread!!!!! Sorry for trying

Last edited by Necos07; 11-27-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, you really told me. I was racing before you were even born.
How does inspecting the hell out of the system going to tell you the capabilities of the suspension system other than they look cool? I'm sorry to highjack your thread like this, but I got peeved by the thought of expecting something for $300 to be worth while. I would share a dissertation on this subject if only I had time. I have already gone thru about five suspension combinations for this car and that's more than anyone else I know. My conclusion is that even brand name stuff made for this car should go back to R&D and get a clue. A $300 set is not going to be any better so spend your money wisely. The time invested to develop products properly and wisely just don't add up to an allowance $ amount.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by necos07
i dont understand how such a simple thread about trying to get something at low cost becomes an issue. If u guys want to support go ahead if not move on.. It is not that serious.

P.s. If u know so much about springs & dampening please right a technical thread so us dumb people can learn. Coz the fact that i have been a certified toyota technician with my ase certifications for over 7 years now & the fact that i race every year even in the east coast in atco & englishtown, nj. & maple grove raceway its still no match for ur vast knowledge so please help.

Thanks to all the people who did email the company & all the people that didnt post but emailed me directly.

mods please close this thread!!!!! Sorry for trying
<3........................

Old 11-28-2009, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, you really told me. I was racing before you were even born.
How does inspecting the hell out of the system going to tell you the capabilities of the suspension system other than they look cool? I'm sorry to highjack your thread like this, but I got peeved by the thought of expecting something for $300 to be worth while. I would share a dissertation on this subject if only I had time. I have already gone thru about five suspension combinations for this car and that's more than anyone else I know. My conclusion is that even brand name stuff made for this car should go back to R&D and get a clue. A $300 set is not going to be any better so spend your money wisely. The time invested to develop products properly and wisely just don't add up to an allowance $ amount.
For a person racing for so many years, & if u have been racing since before I was born then ur about 40-50 years old so why do u come off like a know it all. U old people are so rude. I have met some serious racers that are happy to share & give ideas. But u seem to think u know it all. Every post i have put up in this thread including this one has been with the utmost respect. But remember not everybody has the big money like u to go through 5 different sets, the Fit is not my only car. So let me build my own stuff wich is something u should be doing with ur experience instead of knocking on other peoples ideas. If u dont like it dont buy it........PERIOD.

This thread belongs to u now grandpa. I respect my elders. Enjoy it!

Old 11-28-2009, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
looks really cheap

Old 12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
looks like a nex kit.
tag for interst to see how this goes

Last edited by redrumm; 12-01-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up .

i emailed them, spent some time writing it...haven't heard back anything.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member

Quick Reply: $300 Coilovers for the Fit