Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: 5 LUG conversion HUBS for GE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
will you guys do a write up/DIY on the procedures?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
If there is not enough interest from the GE guys and They can throw a GD conversion in with the group buy im in. I sure hope they are making it Disk all around for the GD that would make me think twice about buying it if it is still a rear HUB.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Add me to the list

Old 05-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
will you guys do a write up/DIY on the procedures?
How to has already been done, I just have to translate ito English and if you have read this post. Pics everything and info are there

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-demo-car.html

Freebies

Name:  005-3.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  47.7 KB

Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 AM
List update

1. ohanahuichubbz
2. Rengeezy
3. Cocowheat
4. Lilaznphatboy

Need more ppl.....

Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
So i have in my hands the swap. Everything is pressed in and I'm currently looking for a shop to redrill. Unfortunately not to many shops want to do this because of the safety issues that can occur. I called Eric over at baus and both times he told me to give him my number and he will call me right back in 5 min well I never got a call back. Really bad business. Feels like I have to buy something in order to get better service or at the very least a call back. I'm cross referencing what cars had a five lug rear drum and what year so I can go to the autozone and see if they match up with our fit rear drum. It looks like I will just use the type r caliper and disk for the front, I just have to see if it's CTR or ITR parts. For the rear I'm also trying to get some info from Fast breaks to see if they can help out with the rear disc conversion. It's 800 right now and that's a little bit to much for me at the moment. Stay tuned. Pics will be up soon.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by superfatfit
So i have in my hands the swap. Everything is pressed in and I'm currently looking for a shop to redrill. Unfortunately not to many shops want to do this because of the safety issues that can occur. I called Eric over at baus and both times he told me to give him my number and he will call me right back in 5 min well I never got a call back. Really bad business. Feels like I have to buy something in order to get better service or at the very least a call back. I'm cross referencing what cars had a five lug rear drum and what year so I can go to the autozone and see if they match up with our fit rear drum. It looks like I will just use the type r caliper and disk for the front, I just have to see if it's CTR or ITR parts. For the rear I'm also trying to get some info from Fast breaks to see if they can help out with the rear disc conversion. It's 800 right now and that's a little bit to much for me at the moment. Stay tuned. Pics will be up soon.

eric at baus is very busy. He's not only on fitfreak forums but he also deals with many other forums. I can vouch for him. I have finished the 5 lug swap not too long ago. I used the type r front caliper and rotors which bolted on without any modifications. Then i just redrilled the hub cover at this place in ontario but i forgot the name of the shop. After that, install everything back and now you need new wheels...

Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
Sorry about this guys but we will not be completing this group buy or sell any of the 5LUG conversions.

We're having issues with the supplier. I'm sure they will be available directly from Kuo's Garage. But we will not be selling this.

Apologies for the late reply, however the 5lug kit you purchased is not from us so the best we can help you with us recommending you shops that can drill your rotors for you. I did warn you about the safety of drilling. Unfortunately i cannot find a shop that'll do it either =(

- Eric
626-592-3103

Old 08-06-2012, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Why would a company give you "customer service" if you're not a customer?

Doesn't make it bad business. Makes it smart they're not wasting time with someone giving a competitor money.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Eric: I don't know what you have with your suppliers, but can you sell just front hubs w/o studs or any other components?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor
Sorry We've already stated that we're not going to be carrying Kuo's Garage's 5 Lug Conversion because of issues we see.

As I've told you over the phone superfatfit really OFF THE RECORD as a member on Fit rather then a vendor how and what to do to get it re-drilled. (basically told them to go to a hole in the wall shop to do it) - all in all this is one of a few reasons why we're not going to be carrying the set up.

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Eric: I don't know what you have with your suppliers, but can you sell just front hubs w/o studs or any other components?
When we delt with Kuo they insisted that the kit comes as a full package so no unless the person selling it is willing to just buy the studs and keep it in stock for themselves.

You can contact Kuo's Garage (I think best way is Facebook) to purchase a kit

- Eric

Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
man i guess i was too late for this =[