Wk motor sport short shifter for GK fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 02:06 AM
Wk motor sport short shifter for GK fit?

Your thoughts?

Not cheap it's 430 a pop. I have the acuity bushing already. Not satisfied with the result.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
i had a short shifter from neuspeed in my '02 SI , worked as advertised but was notchy , which got more so as the car aged ( had it for 16 years ) finally took it off , much smoother , wouldn't do it again .also , note that you're just shortening the throw , it won't actually let you shift quicker .that's not good the transmission

Old 02-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by bill bosco
i had a short shifter from neuspeed in my '02 SI , worked as advertised but was notchy , which got more so as the car aged ( had it for 16 years ) finally took it off , much smoother , wouldn't do it again .also , note that you're just shortening the throw , it won't actually let you shift quicker .that's not good the transmission
I HATE the shifter feel on this car. Worst I ever had in a manual. Will Royal Purple smooth it out?

Old 02-29-2020, 03:31 PM
Apparently there's a clutch delay valve that's taking the fun out of manual tranny. Is this the part near the fire wall or is it the one on the gear box?

Old 02-29-2020, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
that's not delay , it looks like a slave cylinder for the clutch pedal , it's hydraulic , it's a good shifting tranny but not set up to be the fastest , you can't really change that .
what you could do though , is switch to a heavier weighted shift knob . the extra weight helps smooth out the action going through the gates especially finding first ,
which can be a little notchy . i did that on mine , the stock knob is pretty lite , it helped alot

Last edited by bill bosco; 02-29-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:14 PM
that's not delay , it looks like a slave cylinder for the clutch pedal , it's hydraulic , it's a good shifting tranny but not set up to be the fastest , you can't really change that .
what you could do though , is switch to a heavier weighted shift knob . the extra weight helps smooth out the action going through the gates especially finding first ,
which can be a little notchy . i did that on mine , the stock knob is pretty lite , it helped alot
Might get me the acuity gear knob then. I got the pedal spacer, amazing stuff. Also the bushing not bad. But hope the gear knob makes it more OK'ish.