Honda Fit - mods/upgrade for the ultimate delivery driver vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Banned
Honda Fit - mods/upgrade for the ultimate delivery driver vehicle.

Hi! I bought a 2011 Sport used for doing city deliveries and I am hooked. I have bought a couple things to make it easier for driving and deliveries but I am ready for "next level" thinking because I love the way it handles. Any recommendations for the following?
  1. Horsepower and torque - when it is loaded, it is slow to accelerate. I'd love to hear ideas for after market solutions
  2. Cornering - standard wheels on it right now. Again, when loaded, cornering and higher speed turns are difficult and sometimes risky. Any recommendations?
  3. Street and parking damage - at the risk of being post-apocalyptic, I want the bumpers and sides to be able to take more of a punch. I've briefly toyed with the idea of even using bedliner paint. https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/
  4. organization - I'd like to put some manner of other storage along the walls and ceiling. I have seen some videos showing the Fit as a camper. I was hoping for other ideas of making standard pockets or bags for holding equipment.
Thanks for the ideas. I am already at 110K miles and looking to make it to 200K!

Last edited by ElliottAugust; 04-07-2020 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ElliottAugust
Hi! I bought a 2011 Sport used for doing city deliveries and I am hooked. I have bought a couple things to make it easier for driving and deliveries but I am ready for "next level" thinking because I love the way it handles. Any recommendations for the following?
  1. Horsepower and torque - when it is loaded, it is slow to accelerate. I'd love to hear ideas for after market solutions
  2. Cornering - standard wheels on it right now. Again, when loaded, cornering and higher speed turns are difficult and sometimes risky. Any recommendations?
  3. Street and parking damage - at the risk of being post-apocalyptic, I want the bumpers and sides to be able to take more of a punch. I've briefly toyed with the idea of even using bedliner paint.
  4. organization - I'd like to put some manner of other storage along the walls and ceiling. I have seen some videos showing the Fit as a camper. I was hoping for other ideas of making standard pockets or bags for holding equipment.
Thanks for the ideas. I am already at 110K miles and looking to make it to 200K!
Welcome to the forum.

1.) Without forced induction you are not going to get much more power out of it. Intake and exhaust to make more noise. It's an economy car.
2.) Wheels and tires. Lightweight wheels and summer tires to be specific. Rear sway bar is a nice upgrade.
3.) I would be hesitant to add anything in fear that it might mess up the safety.
4.) No idea

Old 04-06-2020, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
As a city resident, please don't corner at high speeds in cities. Pedestrians aren't always easy to see & lower speeds are safer.

Also, I'd spend more money on making sure the brakes can handle the extra weight.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:23 PM
1. A supercharger would help.
2. Definitely some lighter wheels and summer tires. A thing that would also help in ride comfort would be going down to 15in wheels with a taller sidewall as well.