A/C Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down A/C Not Working

It just stopped working a few days ago. When I press the A/C button, it lights up for a moment, then shuts off on it's own while still being pressed. If I press it and release quickly, it turns on then off right away. It does this on every setting, after trying many different variations (temperature, circulation, vents). I've only had it for 3 months. I'm just glad it's not summer! Other than that, I've had no other problems with my Fit.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I have the same problem. The a/c switch is broken, so the dealer ordered me another one. If you are in a bind, you can depress the a/c button and wedge a piece of paper in the crack to keep the a/c button locked into the on position!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
I just tried it out again to see exactly what the problem is. When I hold down the A/C button, it lights up and stays lit until I release it, and it pops back out to the original "off" position. The button will not stay depressed and locked in the "on" position when I release it. I'll let the dealer know about it, and see what they will do to fix it (when I take it in for my first oil change).

Originally Posted by FitFever
If you are in a bind, you can depress the a/c button and wedge a piece of paper in the crack to keep the a/c button locked into the on position!
Thanks for the tip FitFever. I'll do that until I take it in for service.