Help - Immobilizer kick in

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Help - Immobilizer kick in

I need some help from all you guys.
This morning the immobilizer kicks in by itself. now my fit cannot start and shown the car key light when I try to start car

Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by chibisak
I need some help from all you guys.
This morning the immobilizer kicks in by itself. now my fit cannot start and shown the car key light when I try to start car
I assume that you have a Sport? The owner's manual warns against dropping the ignition key/remote transmitter. As if never dropping your keys is a possibility. Maybe your transmitter is damaged and sending the wrong signal? Sounds like a dealer visit, but how do you get it there?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
use ur spare key! mine came w/ 2 keys try using the other one. If it works, ur key is bad, if it doesn't then it's the car. Try disconnecting the battery (for 10 minutes) to reset the ecu then try it.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
use ur spare key! mine came w/ 2 keys try using the other one. If it works, ur key is bad, if it doesn't then it's the car. Try disconnecting the battery (for 10 minutes) to reset the ecu then try it.
Geez, where is my mind today. Very logical suggestion- I forgot I had a spare key because it lives in my wife's purse. That would certainly solve the diagnosis of a possible bad key transmitter.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
No start - Immobilizer (bad key)

I went to McDonalds the other day in my 2008 Honda Fit Sport - AT, my Fit was running just fine. Got my food, went back to the car and NO START. Tried everything, being Houston, it was a hot as Hell. Called the dealer (service) and I had my car safe towed for service. Turned out to be a faulty key and my battery was a little low (from trying to start the car). All work & towing was under warranty (no cost )

Thanks - Goodson Honda West Service (Houston).

A spare coded key may not be a bad idea.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_61
Turned out to be a faulty key and my battery was a little low (from trying to start the car). All work & towing was under warranty (no cost )

Thanks - Goodson Honda West Service (Houston).

A spare coded key may not be a bad idea.
I have an 07 fit sport, and I'm currently sitting at a gas station at one thirty in the morning because my immobilizer decided to kick in. It has been doing this occasionally, though more and more frequently. I've never not been able to get it to start, sometimes it just takes half an hour for the key to work and the flashing green key light on the dash to go away.

My question is how do I know it's the key, and not the immobilizer unit? I only have the one key, and I'd hate to spend all the money on an overpriced key just to find its the immobilizer unit in the steering column at fault.

Old 01-06-2024, 04:17 PM
Immobilizer active after changing car battery

Hey there, I have a 2018 Honda Fit EX. Last night, while parked in my driveway, the car started freaking out, headlights coming on, going off, dash lights flickering on and off, clicking noises, car would not start. We thought maybe the cold whether had finally caused the battery to fail. Car was dead in the morning. Hooked up jumper cables, car would still not start, but got enough power for wife to connect her code reader, and it indicated the battery was bad. We went out, got a new battery, put it in the car. Power came back on as normal, but when we tried to start the car, the immobilizer system seems to have been triggered. Flashing green key symbol, along with the keyless start error symbol. Now the car seems to not recognize either of our key fobs. Tried to research iy, but so far nothing we have tried has resolved the issue. Ideas?

Tried working the physical key on the door 8 times, that did not work. Tried disconnected the battery for five minutes, reconnecting, same result. At one point, while sitting in the car for a significant time period not trying anything, I pressed the start/stop button to turn the car off, and the car did seem to turn off completely... and after about 30 seconds, the immobilizer light also went out, and suddenly the lock/unlock buttons on my fob were working again! So, I pressed the brake and tried to start the car again... and the immobilizer light immediately came on again, and my fob buttons also stopped working again. Help!