Did anyone experience.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Banned
The ECU doesn't "Choke back fuel" it simply supplies the proper amount of fuel for different temperatures ELECTRONICALLY... different operating method.

Chokes are MECHANICAL devices that RESTRICT incoming air (for the mechanically challenged ...."Chokes" like squeezing your neck) by reducing the volumetric efficiency of the intake system on systems utilizing a carburetor (NOTE MECHANICAL) . So NO you can not consider it choking.... Keep trying no ring yet...

Old 04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
The ECU doesn't "Choke back fuel" it simply supplies the proper amount of fuel for different temperatures ELECTRONICALLY... different operating method.

Chokes are MECHANICAL devices that RESTRICT incoming air (for the mechanically challenged ...."Chokes" like squeezing your neck) by reducing the volumetric efficiency of the intake system on systems utilizing a carburetor (NOTE MECHANICAL) . So NO you can not consider it choking.... Keep trying no ring yet...
actually, the original poster is most likely right and you are wrong. i don't have a fit but most modern efi setups still use an air idle controller of some sort to help stabilize idle for cold/hot starts and other various conditions. i'm willing to bet that the fit uses an AIC of some sort as well. the air idle controller may be electrically controlled but is a mechanical valve that allows more or less air into the engine independent of throttle opening (ie, a choke).

Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Banned
Nope no idle air controller on the Fit. NOTHING electrical or mechanical controlling the airflow EXCEPT the TB butterfly. The only thing controlled is the idle speed while cold but not by ANY choking system it's sensor controlled.

Last edited by claymore; 04-07-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Nope no idle air controller on the Fit. NOTHING electrical or mechanical controlling the airflow EXCEPT the TB butterfly. The only thing controlled is the idle speed while cold but not by ANY choking system it's sensor controlled.
so iac is done by the drive by wire throttle? it's still a choke. if you're changing the air flow you are choking or unchoking it. your previous post stated that no airflow control was done. only fuel and spark timing.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
i already went to the dealer to perform 60K periodic maintenance and to have the rough idling check and corrected. the dealer said that after cleaning the throttle body the problem persisted. they need to evaluate the cause of the rough idling and they suspect that it might be the a/c. they said that the A/C has a delay engage. i dunno what that means...can anybody help me out?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Hmmmm...
I don't know but I have been (well not recently as much after my service) having issues more now with my A/C being on. Supposedly on some cars (ours?) the a/c kicks off under hard accel, but mine will act like I am jabbing the throttle after light acceleration. UGH!

Oh btw I noticed that my idle does not go up when the a/c is engaged (even when I hear the compressor engage)