Paddle shifters

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Still no pics of what the paddle look like from behind the sterring wheel, or whit the plastic covers off, cause I still want to make a controller, for the shifts but, I figured that maybey I could make it push button and mount the shift buttons some where, maybey on the auto shift knob for example

Old 08-31-2008, 09:44 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
hondajunkie..do You Still Need Pics?

YES Please

Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Darn it, I knew I shouldn't have deleted that pic in my phone. If someone doesn't post a pic by noon central time zone tomorrow, I'll have on for ya.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Thank You!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Wiyh the plastic cover removed if possible, I saw a fit sport smashed at this local insurance yard I should have asked them if I could buy the steering parts or at least could I take a look at it, Anybody got a wiring diagram for the fit especially how the paddles are wired and where the wires run to. Thanx for your help

Old 08-31-2008, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Well, it turns out that I didn't delete the pic after all.

Name:  Photo0344.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  35.7 KB

Good luck finding a diagram.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
i'm jumping in on this thread kind of late, but the only thing i wish the AT had was some sort of launch control, so you could rev up to 4000 or so and drop the clutch to allow for faster acceleration and burnouts.

lambos and porsches have it, why shouldn't the fit?

Old 09-01-2008, 01:02 AM
because we dont have lambos and porsches...lol we got hondas!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Fa1
Because that would kill the torque converter. We don't have dual clutch transmissions.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
well we should! haha

Old 09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burbio
i wish the AT had was some sort of launch control, so you could rev up to 4000 or so and drop the clutch to allow for faster acceleration and burnouts.
Talk to hondata I use the s300 system on my da integra and it has that feature if anybody has a answer right now, or a way to do it its them
Here are a few video's of how it works(s200 Media)

Old 09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Fa1
Hondata's launch control only works with manuals. While fit sport autos can control which gear they're in, they still retain a shitty torque converter.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Well, it turns out that I didn't delete the pic after all. Good luck finding a diagram.
Thanks man from what I can see from the pics that the paddles might have some sort of relay or switch built in behind the plastic cover but I cant be sure until I either A see a wiring diagram or B at least see how it disassembles from the paddles, but im sure if I could see how they come apart and how it works a little better I could come up with something, I going to do a little researc on some switches and buttons and which ones work better in certain situations once I figure out the ones that work like the stock ones then I can start to come up a place to mount them. I actuall want to get the stick shift to a old arcade driving game and try to see if I could make the stick control the shifts. Does any body know where I can get some arcade parts from?????

Old 09-01-2008, 02:51 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fa1
Hondata's launch control only works with manuals. While fit sport autos can control which gear they're in, they still retain a shitty torque converter.

True but to my understanding of a auto tranny in the fit and most other cars for that matter is controled electronically anyway or at least by fluid or vacuum and muscule cars use trans brakes on automatics so it not impossible but its more that likely not wort doing cause a fit isnt exactly a powerful or fast car, although it can be. But since the new hondas have this drive by wire system witch is cpu and electronically controlled it is very possible to come up with a program or some sort of way to control it, I was thinking more along the lines of a button that can be held down until you want to launch but Im not a engineer or a genius, just a guy who usually finds a way to make shit work the way I want. would have to talk to some one who had a hand in how the fits tranny and electronics work to say if its possible, but there is this guy who figured out how to control the MIMA system on insights to get hella gas milage and to be able to control when the electric assist comes on. I also have this websight in my faves if any body wants to take a look

Old 09-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Fa1
It's not really a electrical limitation, but more of a mechanical one. Even if you were able to bypass all the electrical components for some sort of launch control, you're building up a huge amount of fluid in the torque converter and unleashing it. I just don't think the stock converter in the fit would take it comparing it to previous hondas.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
We Could Try Upgrading To A Better One Or Reinforcing The Stock Converter

Old 09-01-2008, 03:18 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fa1
It's not really a electrical limitation, but more of a mechanical one. Even if you were able to bypass all the electrical components for some sort of launch control, you're building up a huge amount of fluid in the torque converter and unleashing it. I just don't think the stock converter in the fit would take it comparing it to previous hondas.
You have a good point, whick is why I said it may not be worth doing it at all since a fit isnt more than likely going to be fast enuf for this to be something practical, but a the same time the are things you can do to a automatic transmision to make it withstand alot more power than designed, like cryo treating the gears, not to mention the are a few companies out there that make high performance torque converters for all powers and aplications, but I wouldnt go taking apart my tranny on a car that hasnt been in our country that long. Hell the reason I got a fit was intensionally not to take it apart or modify it, this was supposed to be my grown up car but its looking like I got an addiction to modifying hondas. But for right now I really dont even see a use for launch control well at least not for my fit I want to come up wit a cooler or better way to control the sport models manual shifting mode.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 PM
The only way to add launch control to a conventional auto would be to electronically perform a "neutral drop", IE the trans is in neutral, and then the 1st gear clutch pack SLAMS shut. If you've ever seen the clutch packs in a small car fwd AT, just the THOUGHT of that would make your soul hurt....

Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
I believe Arashi meant that the RPMs will raise as if someone was double clutching the car.
No no no what I meant was... In "M" mode, you can actually rev match. Basically hit the "-" paddle and about two milliseconds after you do it, blip the gas pedal and if you learn how to do it correctly with your timing, you can rev match it. It's really cool.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Burbio
i'm jumping in on this thread kind of late, but the only thing i wish the AT had was some sort of launch control, so you could rev up to 4000 or so and drop the clutch to allow for faster acceleration and burnouts.

lambos and porsches have it, why shouldn't the fit?
Hahah cause the Fit is a very low HP economy car thats not ment to go fast lol

Launch control is only able to work on dual clutch transmissions, the Fit definetly doesnt have a dual clutch tranny haha.

Quick Reply: Paddle shifters