any ideas of keep FIT engine cooler

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Now I know that somehow Spoon has blanked off the EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation valve)see pic:
Honda Spoon Fit Engine Bay Photo
question is how did he do it and does it still produce a CEL

I plan to try this but want to know if anybody already has???

This will keep the engine cooler as you are re-introducing exhaust gases into the engine! It should also give more performance as the air/fuel mixture would be cleaner

PLEASE if anybody has done this tell me

Old 11-07-2009, 06:58 AM
little things.

As stated we dont want the engine out of designed operating temperatures, but a LITTLE cooler can only be good, just like any mechanical or computerised device.

As such, I have multiple small cooler plans:

1. heatsink on the oil cooler.
Its an old Slot A heatsink from a PC, its large, and long, and has a nice spot for a hose clamp. I dont like the idea of 'wrapping' it in a 'cool collar' as if the contact between the cooler and the filter was too low, it could insulate, however strapping this bad boy on can only help, and doesnt risk hindering.

2. WaterWetter
Its well proven waterwetter does its job, and im in australia, so dont need to worry about freezing or anyhitng like that, if you dont get snow where you are, waterwetter\water ONLY and no glycol products.

3. 1 or 2 sets of Washers in the bonnet\Hood
Not enough to be visibly ugly, but enough so that the hot air can flow beter out the top and not create drag under the car.

4. High pressure Radiator Cap
Just 1.3bar, up from 1.1. Holds a general higher pressure should the temps creep up so that there is no risk of boil.

5. Considering a 'better' fan for the radiator.

However, with the oil temps down slightly, a higher maintained pressure, a cooler engine bay thanks to the gapped hood, and few degrees cooler water thanks to the Wetter, I think it should be fine without it.

Nothing major, cars (and all machines) have an 'operating range' for their temperature. You dont want to leave that range, but you do want to be on the low end of it