Floor jack lift points

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Floor jack lift points

I have a 2010 Fit Sport. I like to change my own LOF and rotate tires. I have 4 jack stands and a floor jack that easily slides under the car. My problem is that I am not sure of the proper lift points for the jack. Normally I like to lift the front end first and get it placed on the jack stands. Then lift the back end and set it on stands. The stands can be located on the side rail where the Honda jack should be placed. Please send me a picture! Thanks.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Here's what i do in my 07. Yours should be similar. Jack the front left side from the factory jacking point just behind the front wheel. There should be a little metal tab that hangs from the bottom of the car. That's where you want to place a jack. Now place a jack stand under the mounting point for the front control arm and lower the car onto the jack stand. Now jack the rear left corner from the jacking point just in front of the left rear wheel. Now rotate the wheels front to back. Then do the same on the right side of the car.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Invest in a flat jack (usually for lowered cars, but the Fit needs it to reach back under the car) and jack from the front crossmember. Throw the stands under the framerail.

Jack the back from the little square under the car underneath the spare tire well. Throw the jacks under the framerail.

Alternatively, you can do what willy said, it's just a little more of a PITA. A flat jack is a good investment if you're planning on doing LOF and tire rotations yourself. Especially tire rotations if you do front back and side to side (non-directional tires). I got tired of the 4 jack point thing. Harbor Freight has them cheap, not outstanding quality, but if you're using jackstands anyways, it'll get the job done.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow Pictures

Originally Posted by dstahnke
I have a 2010 Fit Sport. I like to change my own LOF and rotate tires. I have 4 jack stands and a floor jack that easily slides under the car. My problem is that I am not sure of the proper lift points for the jack. Normally I like to lift the front end first and get it placed on the jack stands. Then lift the back end and set it on stands. The stands can be located on the side rail where the Honda jack should be placed. Please send me a picture! Thanks.
Here's some pictures from an older thread: Post #8
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/58873-where-jack-up-2009-fit-tire-rotations-oil-changes.html#post907932