Modifying all the windows for auto up and down

Old 08-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Modifying all the windows for auto up and down

I have not been able to find a wiring schematic yet for my Fit, but my assumption is it would not be that difficult. A forum-search has yielded minimal results, such as this thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-switches.html

I would not necessarily care to have the auto up/down capability for other door switches, only my driver-side switch.

Just wondering if any other tinkerers have tackled this.

Because, I mean, how hard could it be? (famous last words)

Old 08-07-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
in for the roller coaster ride

Old 08-07-2018, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
They make moduals you can buy. Google search will bring up eBay and Amazon items. I am going to add it to my passenger window sometime in the future.

Its wasy wiring, the kit tells you how too.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
in for the roller coaster ride
Right??

When we bought our MDX, my wife specifically stated that I was not allowed to modify anything on her car. I said to her, "Since both of our names are on the title, I will only modify my part of the car."

Old 08-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by GolNat
They make moduals you can buy. Google search will bring up eBay and Amazon items. I am going to add it to my passenger window sometime in the future.

Its wasy wiring, the kit tells you how too.
I forgot to check eBay and Amazon for this while searching the forums. That should have been a no-brainer. Thanks for the reminder!

Old 08-07-2018, 05:02 PM
i have recently been considering this too...for minimal cost....let us know any findings if you beat me to it!

Old 08-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by eulogy
i have recently been considering this too...for minimal cost....let us know any findings if you beat me to it!
I would love an "easy button" purchase to give me what I am trying to accomplish, but a little blood, sweat, and tears (and swearing, and beer, and more swearing) would make the mod more satisfying. Or, it is just an excuse for me to drink while using tools.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
This is the one that I liked and is on my Amazon list for later. I like DEI products.

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-07-2018, 05:31 PM

Old 08-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by GolNat
This is the one that I liked and is on my Amazon list for later. I like DEI products.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H4N1Y2O...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Thank you for the link. It looks like a wiring harness plugs in to the side of the module. I may buy one to take it apart and see what the guts look like.

I am also thinking about buying a used switch (eggspensive!) and pulling it apart to see the inner mechanism. At least this way I minimize the damage to my car switch.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
I am also thinking about buying a used switch (eggspensive!) and pulling it apart to see the inner mechanism. At least this way I minimize the damage to my car switch.
I've taken apart the window switch. It's been awhile, but I "think" the switch pushes further onto another electrical trace for auto up/down. Not 100%, as I've taken apart many of the switches.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
I've taken apart the window switch. It's been awhile, but I "think" the switch pushes further onto another electrical trace for auto up/down. Not 100%, as I've taken apart many of the switches.
Thank you for the insight. It definitely feels like the switch presses farther down on another pushbutton/trace when I press on mine. I am hoping for something akin to a seal-in contact that lowers or raises the windows until completely closed/opened. I would even settle for having just one switch (besides the driver’s) set to auto open/close all the windows.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
Stop, let's go in the other direction....

According to my Owners Manual, the auto close window has a sensor that will make it reverse direction if it senses resistance, I've never tested it. But it seems to be, if you press it....then release. NOT if you hold it continually.
This might be something to keep in mind, from a safety aspect if you modify on your own. Especially if you have children or dogs.
Auto is great, unless it becomes a tinted and tempered guillotine.
Look up the definition of exactly how it works in your owners manual. Mine is a 2016 Honda Fit EX.

" Auto Reverse* If a power window senses resistance when closing automatically, it will stop closing and reverse direction.
The driver’s window auto reverse function is disabled when you continuously pull up the switch.
The auto reverse function stops sensing when the window is almost closed to ensure that it fully closes "

Last edited by fitchet; 08-08-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by fitchet
According to my Owners Manual, the auto close window has a sensor that will make it reverse direction if it senses resistance, I've never tested it. But it seems to be, if you press it....then release. NOT if you hold it continually.
This might be something to keep in mind, from a safety aspect if you modify on your own. Especially if you have children or dogs.
Auto is great, unless it becomes a tinted and tempered guillotine.
Look up the definition of exactly how it works in your owners manual. Mine is a 2016 Honda Fit EX.

" Auto Reverse* If a power window senses resistance when closing automatically, it will stop closing and reverse direction.
The driver’s window auto reverse function is disabled when you continuously pull up the switch.
The auto reverse function stops sensing when the window is almost closed to ensure that it fully closes "
For some reason, the thought of operating a window-guillotine makes me think of Gallagher with watermelons. Or maybe that Fruit Ninja game kids were playing awhile back.

But you bring up a good point. That would definitely be something I test (not on the kids, dog, or fruit) before signing off on. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Spare master switch and window kit (thanks for the link GoINat) ordered. Gotta prep the OR (garage) for surgery. Because it is 80deg in there, vs 95 outside.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
For some reason, the thought of operating a window-guillotine makes me think of Gallagher with watermelons. Or maybe that Fruit Ninja game kids were playing awhile back.
LOL, Fords have window-guillotines!! Idk what kinda window motor they use but everyone I have been in has super fast windows. Every Honda I have owned has had very slow windows.

Awesome for starting on the widow project. I am tuned in to hear how it goes!!