General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Any places to rent a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 PM
DMS
Any places to rent a Fit

Do any of the car rental companies in the US have Fits in their fleet? I am looking at the Yaris and the Fit and I have been able to rent a Yaris from Avis in Toronto, but haven't seen any sign of a Fit. I figure a weekend rental would be a lot better than a test drive.

DMS

Old 12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I would doubt any Fits are in the rental market...

Old 12-17-2006, 12:04 AM
I looked into it here in Calgary, and Honda does not give rental companies a fleet discount. Honda just relies on reputation for their sales, unlike other companies.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by DMS
Do any of the car rental companies in the US have Fits in their fleet? I am looking at the Yaris and the Fit and I have been able to rent a Yaris from Avis in Toronto, but haven't seen any sign of a Fit. I figure a weekend rental would be a lot better than a test drive.

DMS
Hey DMS, you're in Montreal?

I'm surprised you went all the way to T.O. to rent a Yaris, as all the rental places along Cote de Liesse seem to have them.

As for the Fit, well...

If you go to the Discount car rental on Michel Jasmin (that’s the official name for Cote de Liesse's service road), they rent out a black LX automatic that they keep as a demo car for a local Honda dealership. They only rent it out on the weekends, when the dealership is closed.

I rented it a couple of weeks ago. Over the two days I had the car, I put 800 kms on it. It's the only car I've ever been in where the trip counter matched the odometer. There was only 28 kms on the car when I got it.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 PM
DMS
Found it

Thanks MWQA. I have the black Fit (LX) as a rental this weekend and so far, we like it a lot. It seems like a great replacement for our 2000 Focus and the baby's car seat fits well in the back so we have no reason to doubt the practicality for a family of up to 4. The only question is how our gas mileage turns out this weekend.

And if we decide to buy it, is Spinelli Honda a good dealer to choose?

DMS

Old 01-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I've no idea if Spinelli is good or not. I guess it's best to shop around, especially if you're after an automatic, which seems to be in good supply. I was at Spinelli before Christmas and they said that they had 40 autos in the back. They were also having a promotion, including the automatic transmission 'for free'. I've no idea what the conditions were on that deal, though.

Are you able to get cruise control on the LX, now? I heard rumours that that was going to happen.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mobortho
I would doubt any Fits are in the rental market...
See
Tandem in Honda Fit

4 (or more) Fits in Zipcar fleet.

Zipcar : Find Cars : Results
In the bay area-
I found a Fit in Oakland Lake Merrill (Grand Ave/Perkins St.) at $8.75 an hour or $65 a day.
And another Fit at the SF Civic Center.
Mostly east coast and midwest locations plus San Francisco area-

Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jerrygill
If you're simply looking to save money on rental rates you should check the major booking engines and aggregator sites
You do realize this is a five year old thread, do you not?