General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Nighthawk Black Pearl OR Vivid Blue Pearl??? issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Nighthawk Black Pearl OR Vivid Blue Pearl??? issues!

So check it.
december 8th I put a deposit on a Black honda fit sport. with manual trans.

1st pick was black and 2nd pick was silver... whatever came 1st.

its now march 9th and they have been telling me since early feb that I would be getting car last week of feb or 1st week of march.
well now 1st week of march is done and guess what?
they DO NOT have a black or grey honda fit sport 5speed.
They only have it in blue....
im not thrilled about the blue
not as a presentable color as black for an everyday driver that I plan on having for a long long time.

I gave them shit about having put deposit and reserve whole time for the specific color.
they "call me back"
now if i will have to wait another few months for black.. than I am going to buy another car something non honda something used like an 02/03 maxima se

ORRRR if they cant get the black for a while should I just wing it and get the blue?
but the blue is too bright for me. im not big into the blue and was hoping getting black.
suggestions???

Should I say screw it and get the blue??

or should I wait for the black in case there is a wait...i have been carless since thanksgiving and im going nuts!

~Abraham

Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 PM
You probably have... but

Have you tried calling other dealers? even ones that are several hours away. Calling around helped me find the one I want in stock.

Otherwise, if you are planning on keeping this car for a while, then I suggest waiting for the exact thing you want. New cars can be made for your taste, yeah?

Good luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
If you don't need a car right now, I'd say wait. If you feel so strongly against blue, you'd just regret the purchase for the many years you plan to own the vehicle.

I second the suggestion of contacting other dealers to see if you can get what you want sooner.

Last edited by Nuwin; 03-09-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Get what u WANT... dont settle...
I got the VBP.. and I LOVE it. Its what I wanted...

#1 Call other dealers... #2.. get your money back.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Color aside, you should certainly go to another dealer. Anyone who keeps promising without delivering doesn't really want your business. You should get your deposit back even if they promise that it'll only be a week for your car. That dealership should have told you in the beginning that you wouldn't be getting your car until after March.

Now, as for the color issue, I would go with the black or the silver (I went with silver). I hate the blue and five years down the road, it's going to be easier to sell a car with a "standard" color than a non-standard.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 AM
SO yeah..

the guy at honda said that they will look to see if they can trade the blue one for a black one with one of their sister dealers or whatever.

but it ended up to be that my dealer got a blue and black Sport manual trans but the black one for some reason wasnt sent and will be In in 10 days. 10 days will be my b day 20th!
that would be sweet if i did get it on my b day.
i told him prety much not to bust my chops and play with me to just shut me up and tell me one is coming but he said he should have the vin number for the black this tuesday so im pretty excited.!!!!!!!!!
its soo funny you see fits more and more on the road.
i drove home from work yesterday and saw 2
last night drove two hours south to atlantic city and saw 5
today 2 hours west to PA and was parked right in front of one at target.
i get happier and happier each time i see them in anticipation to get MINEE!!!