General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Donate advice here for new Fit owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Donate advice here for new Fit owners

Being a proud new Fit owner and noticing there are a lot of new owners as well, I was wondering if experienced, well-weathered Fit owners could offer any tips, suggestions, stories and such. If such thread or part of the website have been made for this, go ahead and post a link to that. And questions can be asked here too...like what I'm doing. I hope this isn't some redundant thread...

So some things running through my mind is the paddle shifters (for sport model). Can you go from D to S while driving or do you have to start at S?

feel free to ask anything and hopefully lots of EXPERIENCED Fit owners will gladly answer your questions/concerns...
For the whole community with questions and concerns.

Last edited by wordsunited; 04-01-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by wordsunited
Being a proud new Fit owner and noticing there are a lot of new owners as well, I was wondering if experienced, well-weathered Fit owners could offer any tips, suggestions, stories and such. If such thread or part of the website have been made for this, go ahead and post a link to that. And questions can be asked here too...like what I'm doing. I hope this isn't some redundant thread...

So some things running through my mind is the paddle shifters (for sport model). Can you go from D to S while driving or do you have to start at S?
1) Knowing that Fit has landed on NA soil about 9-10 months ago, for me that makes EVERYBODY a pretty new owner of this beautiful vehicle... the difference is, my opinion only, in the mileage you have put on her, the more you have driven her the better and deeper you get to know her... Amin
2) As a big fan of the paddle shifters, I use them dozens of times per day, city or open road, 99% to pass slow-moving vehicles or to cross an intersection BEFORE the red light goes-off... of course it took me a little while to get used with this new system, new in my 24-year (1,000,000 km) life on the road, but now it's just part of my life, left finger for - right one for +, click - click +, no brain surgery at all... ANYTIME you can go from D to S and vice-versa while still on paddle shifters, on S you will see the M2, M3, M4 and M5 indicator... for stop-and-go kind of traffic good idea to put it in S so no more the 5th gear and burning less gas... also, even you drive on D not a bad idea to check the gear you're on, for that use only the + shifter... also, it's way faster to change gears with the paddle shifters than the regular automatic transmission, so depends on the situation you may have to chose btwn letting the automatic transmission do its own routine OR go one step ahead and overpass it by using the paddle shifters... one more thing, when you downshift (-) do not forget to go back (+) to the normal gear otherwise the RPM will go crazy (burning more gas than normal)...

Anymore questions, feel free to ask anything and hopefully lots of EXPERIENCED Fit owners will gladly answer your questions/concerns...

Enjoy the ride and drive safely
Chris