General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
It's not just a question of lenght/wheelbase, and even the jdm/edm fit turns tighter I think. Wheels on the fit turn less than average (so it's 2.5 quick ratio would actually be like 2.8-3 if the wheels turned as much as on a yaris) Our ex focus had a turning radius about the same as the fit, and my 87 civic wagon (4m10 like the fit) is better.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
"Road noise" entering the cabin, even with the windows up. When I installed my sound system I also installed sound deadening material to all the panels and mugen floor mats front and back-this helped tremendously. Only problem now is that can't hea' anything but my speakers pump'n-not even that guy behind me with those flashing lights and siren blaring!!! LOL

Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 PM
1.The door fabric with the 'blue specks' (sport model) although minor, doesn't match what I've done to the car and way too hard to modify. The seats have the same cloth but I got seat covers for that....
2. At first I hated not having a center console and didn't want to fuss up the money for the aftermarket one, but after getting used to it, and also finding all the storage that my dealer didn't even know was there, I'm ok without it....and I never use the arm rest, gets in the way of latching my seatbelt, thinking about removing the armrest altogether(which also caused minor fitment issues with my seatcovers).
3. I agree with the door lock setting but read the manual to change it and that was simple.
4. Also agree with no temperature gauge being annoying. My G6 I had before had the outside temp gauge which I liked, but I can deal without it.
5. Cup holders in the front center don't hold large/tall cups well but I guess that's what the upper holders are for
6. The interior dash lighting is almost too bright at night, and glares-used to having vehicles with 'adjustable brightness' dash lighting and that would've been a nice feature for the Fit. But again, I can deal with it.
7. Wish I could've afforded the nav/sunroof model but hey, that isn't the car's fault!!!
8. Also wish I had a little more 'get up and go', esp since I do a lot of highway driving, but I knew this going in (on the test drive).

Overall, they are really minor things to me.....I still LOVE my Fit and its one of the most fun cars to drive. One of my favorite features is the USB audio so I can plug in my phone, my mp3 player, even got music saved on a couple memory sticks (nice and small and easy to carry around) that I can plus right into the USB port and jam all the way to work!!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Turn the trip odometer stick to adjust brightness.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondahunnie77
1.The door fabric with the 'blue specks' (sport model) although minor, doesn't match what I've done to the car and way too hard to modify. The seats have the same cloth but I got seat covers for that....
2. At first I hated not having a center console and didn't want to fuss up the money for the aftermarket one, but after getting used to it, and also finding all the storage that my dealer didn't even know was there, I'm ok without it....and I never use the arm rest, gets in the way of latching my seatbelt, thinking about removing the armrest altogether(which also caused minor fitment issues with my seatcovers).
3. I agree with the door lock setting but read the manual to change it and that was simple.
4. Also agree with no temperature gauge being annoying. My G6 I had before had the outside temp gauge which I liked, but I can deal without it.
5. Cup holders in the front center don't hold large/tall cups well but I guess that's what the upper holders are for
6. The interior dash lighting is almost too bright at night, and glares-used to having vehicles with 'adjustable brightness' dash lighting and that would've been a nice feature for the Fit. But again, I can deal with it.
7. Wish I could've afforded the nav/sunroof model but hey, that isn't the car's fault!!!
8. Also wish I had a little more 'get up and go', esp since I do a lot of highway driving, but I knew this going in (on the test drive).

Overall, they are really minor things to me.....I still LOVE my Fit and its one of the most fun cars to drive. One of my favorite features is the USB audio so I can plug in my phone, my mp3 player, even got music saved on a couple memory sticks (nice and small and easy to carry around) that I can plus right into the USB port and jam all the way to work!!!!
In regards to number 6 as the guy above me mentioned just turn the odo knob to the left to decrease the lighting of the dash. For the GD3 ur lights have to be on to adjust it, i dunno about the GE8.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
"Road noise" entering the cabin, even with the windows up. When I installed my sound system I also installed sound deadening material to all the panels and mugen floor mats front and back-this helped tremendously. Only problem now is that can't hea' anything but my speakers pump'n-not even that guy behind me with those flashing lights and siren blaring!!! LOL
Don't worry bro, with your sound system, soon you won't hear anything even with the speakers off. LOL!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
The last two (road noise, left-for-brighter) are two classic Honda traits. My 92 Accord had both. Another is an accessory power point that shuts off with the car.

One that seems to have disappeared is a drivers door lock that unlocks itself if the door is open.

A fun trivia fact is that the door ajar with the key in beep (beepx4, pause, beepx4) is H in morse code.

The sound deadening is a tradeoff with fuel economy. In almost every class, the Honda is lighter than the competition: even the Accord is noted for loud road noise. <conjecture>Perhaps Japan doesn't use coarse chipseal? </conjecture>

Old 10-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Bad Headlights?

Originally Posted by fit.sport
According to Consumer Reports, the Fit's headlights earned the worst score for quality. Here's a direct quote from Consumer Reports, "The headlights' low beams give insufficient forward illumination. The high beams project farther but are dimmer close in."

Also, the lack of standard stability control is frustrating. Why should the only ones who can afford to purchase the top trim Fit Sport be allowed to benifit from the most importand safety feature since the seat belt. Stability control can save up to 10,000 lives per year, as per Consumer Reports.

Here's are three videos that demonstrates the effectiveness of stability control:
  1. Consumer Reports Video Hub - Cars - Safety - Stability Control
  2. Consumer Reports Video Hub - Cars - Safety - Safety Features
  3. YouTube - How Effective is Stability Control
Please share your opinion, I'd love to hear it!
I don't know about Consumer Reports, but I replaced a Dodge Caravan with my Fit, and compared the Dodge, these headlights are like landing lights on a 747! These lights are a real treat to me.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by dannydonqui
I don't know about Consumer Reports, but I replaced a Dodge Caravan with my Fit, and compared the Dodge, these headlights are like landing lights on a 747! These lights are a real treat to me.
Honda's always seem to be rated low on headlights in Consumer Reports... Maybe I don't notice it because just about every car I've owned has been poorly rated in there.

That said, my 92 Accord had some damn good headlights. At some point, Honda seems to have tossed up the "Don't give a shit" flag regarding lighting. It had actual quad headlights for extra coverage with the high beams on, corner lights to shine extra light to the sides (the fogs on the Fit do this pretty well), front signals that were separated from the headlights for extra visibility at night, five rear brake lamps...

I see Honda more and more going for cheap and/or stylish. no more bright, full rear light bars, and sometimes they are even dipping into the lazy-Detroit red-rear taillamps cesspool.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I have a 2010, so I will have to check if doing that will allow me to change the brightness of the dash lights, haven't tried that....but I will though.....thanks...and if it don't work then I will leave it on my list of complaints hehe....

Old 10-09-2010, 10:06 PM
It worked yippeeeee! Take that off the list, my hubby even knew how to do that and didn't even tell me! What is that about!!! lol

Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
My only complaint now is that i have one and was looking at geting a used one. But they were all to pricey these things hold there value well. Had to get a XB instead for $8.3k with 36,000 miles on here its a 06. Could not find a deal like that on a Fit. So my complaint is that i only have one Fit

Old 10-17-2010, 02:00 PM
My little Fit is used -- one owner, 55,000 mi -- I like it very much except for blind spots which I'm going to try to deal with using an allview mirror AND the stereo is strange. Maybe the previous owner blew out the speakers, but sometimes the sound is good and sometimes bad (both for radio and cd). Guess I'll have to replace the system. Other than those minor things, a great little car.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
The wiper switch :lol: My Focus had it backwards which to me makes more sense. To wipe once, go down, for regular use, go up.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B-Blue
The wiper switch :lol: My Focus had it backwards which to me makes more sense. To wipe once, go down, for regular use, go up.
I drove both cars are lot, and the focus is wrong imo (same for the manual windows and key lock/unlock in the focus). Honda and Toyota ergonomic are usually great.
Worst I've seen is one the old Porsches (911, 964, probably 993) every command is wrong. It's almost a luck that the flashers are at the usual position...

Old 10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
Honda and Toyota ergonomic are usually great.
Usually, to me the switch is not, imo.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
The issue with the steering is that the wheels don't turn enough (maximum angle, lock to lock), it's a pain in the ass to manoeuver where it's tight or for parallel parking compared to the yaris hatchback.
Wow - The Yaris must have the best turn radius of all time! I went from Mitsubishi Mirage to the Fit and the Fit far outshines any other car I've owned in terms of turning radius. I can whip-a-shitty (U turn) on my narrow street - something only the Fit and my Finacee's Hyundai Accent can do! Everyone else on the street needs to do a 'Y' turn.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
The fit barely does as well as our ex ford focus zx3, and it worst than echo, old civic, my ex geo metro, about the same as my toyota mr2 1992, nothing impressive there. When I turn at the max, compared to the yaris, I feel like there is 1/4 turn missing and that I'm manoeuvring a boat or a truck..
The small yaris where I park must make just a bit over 10 meters, so it's a good way to compare turnign radius since I park at the same spot all the time. If it pass when I make a u-turn, or almost, it's better than the fit. And most cars are "closer to pass" than the fit.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
The fit barely does as well as our ex ford focus zx3, and it worst than echo, old civic, my ex geo metro, about the same as my toyota mr2 1992, nothing impressive there. When I turn at the max, compared to the yaris, I feel like there is 1/4 turn missing and that I'm manoeuvring a boat or a truck..
The small yaris where I park must make just a bit over 10 meters, so it's a good way to compare turnign radius since I park at the same spot all the time. If it pass when I make a u-turn, or almost, it's better than the fit. And most cars are "closer to pass" than the fit.
Are you kidding? Did you specifically find a list of the smallest out-of-production cars to compare?

The Yaris has a bit smaller turning radius than the Fit (33 feet vs 35/36 feet in the Fit dep on transmission)

Most other B-segment cars are in the mid 30s.
C segments seem to be in the upper 30's.
D+ seem to be 40+, with larger SUVs extending well into the 30's.

Still, the difference between even a Suburban and a Yaris is about 11 feet, or one lane width. Where is this coming up as an area of concern?

(Funny thing... I've been driving vehicles with short wheelbases for a while - it takes a ride with a friend in a Tundra with a 49' turning circle to be reminded that it is possible to drive a larger vehicle and park it, parallel park it, squeeze through traffic, etc. We've just gotten lazier by not having to think about it)

Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
the Fit's turning radius is the best I've tried so far

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit