General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thenanc
LOL - well clearly I didn't read the whole thread but thank you for bringing me to the 36th & 41st pages of the 74 page thread to show me the other opinions. Have a great day!!
Well then, don't say

I can't believe no one has complained about this before me.
You could've just left it like other people that don't read the whole thing, by saying:

Don't know if its been mentioned before.
If not, just don't mention it being brought up or not before.

Hey, I understand if you don't want to read the whole thread... heck, I don't if its passed even 2 or so pages. But don't make claims like that, it only serves to get negative responses.

BTW, it's only 48 pages for me.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:02 PM
A simple, "...has been mentioned many times." would have sufficed. Heat getting to everyone? Soon enough - snow tires. Now it's time for a little Q.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
A simple, "...has been mentioned many times." would have sufficed.
I thought about it... but then I wondered, has it? I'm trying to cut down on making statements that are false. I know for sure it has in many threads. So, I had to look to make sure in this thread... and once I found them, I figured I'd provide reference just in case.

Heat getting to everyone? Soon enough - snow tires. Now it's time for a little Q.
I'm wondering how the Fit's going to handle me and snow at the same time!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:38 PM
HA - you and snow at the same time, can't wait! We're having enough trouble now with you goobs ;-) - now it's Q time kids, as in ribs, brisket and pulled pork - run out and gitya some.

I'm cookin mine out back right now. Nice 'ol bone in pork butt. Been in the cooker since 5:50AM - few more hours to go.

cheers

Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thenanc
Location of cupholders!! The 2 front ones are located directly in front of the vents. Blocks the air flow and if I put my cup of hot coffee there when the ac is on - forget about it. I will say they're nice and deep and do provide stability and I haven't had a spill yet.
I love the dash cupholders. Being in front of the vents means they help cool cold drinks and warm hot drinks, depending on the season. This may be why others haven't complained about them.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I hate the carpets...they are impossible for me to vacuum super clean. They hang on to dirt and debris no matter how much I vacuum.

I hate no arm rest. Took a LONG time for me to adjust to not having one.

I don't like that I have to replace tires constantly, and wiper blades as well.

Otherwise, I LOVE my Fit.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by jj4504
....I don't like that I have to replace tires constantly, and wiper blades as well.

Welcome jj - how long have you been driving the Fit?
Changing tires constantly means track????

K_C_

Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM
im not a real big fan of the upright seating position, id like to be sat a bit lower.
The under powered, powerhouse is an obvious one.
and to the post above me...the carpet does seem to want to hold onto every little bit of debris...

Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 PM
HOLY - I'm about to raise the front of the rails a washer or two. I'll let you know.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
HOLY - I'm about to raise the front of the rails a washer or two. I'll let you know.
you the man! let me know how that goes!

Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I hate the carpets...they are impossible for me to vacuum super clean. They hang on to dirt and debris no matter how much I vacuum.
One thing you always find in all my cars, past and present... LINT REMOVER

Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member

I hate no arm rest. Took a LONG time for me to adjust to not having one.

I don't like that I have to replace tires constantly, and wiper blades as well.

Ur the First guy on here that i have seen from my area. Where in pcola are u?? Arm rest there is a couple options out there. Also not sure why u are going through so many tires or wiper blades.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Would be great, especially that they don't offer enough leg room for tall people, this would support the hips better. Still not great for the reast (too wide and too firm, I don't get much support in curves, and too much lower lumbar support). But I would be scared if I crash to have problems with the insurance if they see it's jacked.
And it makes the car in the back roomier than it really is. If I had more room in the front, it would remove maybe 2 inches in the back. My civic wagon 1987 is much more roomier in the front (higer seating position tho) and almost as much in the back. And same overall lenght.

Also, I don't like that if we press the tilt power window button up after the car is stopped (key removed), it will stop when we open the door. It could at least finish to roll up if we pressed the tilt.

Originally Posted by TunaSoda
I drive a 2010 Fit Sport M/T, I think the tachometer and the Fuel Gauge need to swap sides. Most people drive the m/t with their left hand while shifting with the right, no?
My left arm is always in front of the tac while driving (the gauge to look at most) while the gas gauge sits there in plain view. To me it's a ergonomic error
While I'm good at shifting without looking at the tac, it does aid in shifting when the stereo is too loud to hear the engine
When the stero is loud, just shift by the speed. I had no tach on my geo metreo. I just hit the cut off (7k rpm I think) to have an idea of what rpm I am at a certain speed (rule of three), and I know that on flat I can put the 3rd at let say 25mph, or 30-35 on a light hill, etc.

The good rpm to shift isn't the same in every gear (depending on the gearing, speed, etc), and depends on how flat the road is, what acceleration you want etc.

Also, the instant MPG bar is a bit annoying imo, and the only "mode" that doesn't display it is the oil life display...

Last edited by broody; 08-18-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
Still not great for the rest (too wide and too firm, I don't get much support in curves, and too much lower lumbar support).
This is a great example of the difficulty of meeting different people's needs. I find the lumbar support completely inadequate, and attached strap-on lumbar supports. Of course, OEM adjustable lumbar support would be better, but it's not there, so I improvise.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Winshield noise

There is an on/off screaming whine at the top of the windshield. It occurs around 120 km with a crosswind. It changes pitch when you touch the glass near the rear view mirror.

This is my third Honda with this issue. You would think Honda would have corrected this design issue by now.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Selden
This is a great example of the difficulty of meeting different people's needs. I find the lumbar support completely inadequate, and attached strap-on lumbar supports. Of course, OEM adjustable lumbar support would be better, but it's not there, so I improvise.
I feel like the lumbar support if fine when I pull on the active armrest (it removes some lumbar).
But still, some cars can feel comfy for many more people than the fit, even without fancy adjustements. I think that most will agree that a 90's camry is comfortable (imo one of the most comfortable cars), but it doesn't have any more adjustment than the fit does.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Hatch lid pull down.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
ok just finished reading about 10 pages and all I can say is wow!

The Fit does have it's shortcomings and I have the sport but seriously. How many of you took a good test drive? From what I'm reading about 90% of the problems listed should have become obvious from a test drive no???

Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Hatch lid pull down.

yeah I noticed that when looking the car over. The handle on the inside is pretty awkward don't know why they didn't put anything usable on the exterior.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bmxman
ok just finished reading about 10 pages and all I can say is wow!

The Fit does have it's shortcomings and I have the sport but seriously. How many of you took a good test drive? From what I'm reading about 90% of the problems listed should have become obvious from a test drive no???
We are in North America. All econo boxes are shitty and have tons of small engeneering/conception problems. so the fit is bad but better than most.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit