General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
Can't open the hatch from the inside. Has no cargo light independent switch.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 AM
The Fit sport only comes with a black interior which I like the least.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by whaap
The Fit sport only comes with a black interior which I like the least.
You like the blue better? I think I like the black best.

I dislike that there is no personal mirror on the passenger-side (considering I bought the 'top' model, you'd think this would be included?)... sort of a lame complaint hahah.

And how easily the paint chips. That is a pain.

Honestly though I absolutely love it otherwise.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by milanofit
You like the blue better? I think I like the black best.

I dislike that there is no personal mirror on the passenger-side (considering I bought the 'top' model, you'd think this would be included?)... sort of a lame complaint hahah.

And how easily the paint chips. That is a pain.

Honestly though I absolutely love it otherwise.
My Fit Sport has mirrors in both visors, so I guess that's fixed in 2010

Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by cruiserandmax
My GD didn't have it and the GE does. .made my gf pretty happy

Old 12-19-2009, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, on my 2010 also.. Also I like the light gray seats of my base model better than the black Sport ones, especially after reading that it's more the dark colors inside the car that cause extreme heat temperatures, rather than the outside color! Also the gray seats match my Storm Gray exterior color better, IMO...

What I dislike most about the base model is that it doesn't have the overhead map lights that the Sport has. (-%$#$%!!)
It also doesn't have that handy USB connection for flash drives, but I think I'm gonna get around that by burning my own MP3 CD's for larger capacity music storage... (-Great radio & CD player BTW, and the 4 speakers sound quite sufficient to me!)

I also don't like that the 15" tire size used on the base model is an unusual one, and I know I'm prolly gonna pay thru the nose for that when it comes time to replace them!

I know that this is entirely subjective, however I really do like the looks of my base model better without that rear overhead spoiler. (Which only reminds me of 1970's bling, anyway?)

Old 12-19-2009, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Negative. The USDM 09's have them. It's a USDM thing

Old 12-19-2009, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chazzlee
I also don't like that the 15" tire size used on the base model is an unusual one, and I know I'm prolly gonna pay thru the nose for that when it comes time to replace them!
Yeah, well the 16" sucks because it makes the rims ride so low that it's way to easy to brush them agains a curb- giving instant aluminum rash!

And on the topic of riding low- the front end bottoms out way to much on the fit when pulling in/out of driveways with big angles between grades.

And last but not least- that STUPID black dot pattern they put on the winshield above the mirror. It's a crappy attempt at providing sun shielding through that spot but doesn't shield nearly enough when the sun is beaming directly through there. And when the sun is not coming right through the middle that dumb ass pattern just makes it so you can't look clearly through that section. My Subaru has a cheap flip down visor for the center above the mirror which works much better.

All that said, the Fit is the best automotive purchase I've ever made.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
And on the topic of riding low- the front end bottoms out way to much on the fit when pulling in/out of driveways with big angles between grades.
And last but not least- that STUPID black dot pattern they put on the winshield above the mirror. It's a crappy attempt at providing sun shielding through that spot but doesn't shield nearly enough when the sun is beaming directly through there. And when the sun is not coming right through the middle that dumb ass pattern just makes it so you can't look clearly through that section. My Subaru has a cheap flip down visor for the center above the mirror which works much better.
All that said, the Fit is the best automotive purchase I've ever made.
+1! -And a resounding yes to all that! My 2010 Fit scrapes the bottom of it's nose in a slight curb dip every time I pull in and out of my driveway to the street!
And I'm gonna fix the top of that windshield's glare by installing a 3 or 4" tint band across the top of it; I feel it's actually a necessity for safety's sake, with this car...

But, as said many times by others here, it's still the best damn car I've ever owned! (And I've been driving 'em for 50 years now!)

Old 12-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I don't know you guys can scrape the bumper at stock height. I'm lowered and have nevered scraped the bumper. You just have to know how to drive on rough terrain or bumps. I don't drive all that conservatively on bumps either.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I don't know you guys can scrape the bumper at stock height. I'm lowered and have nevered scraped the bumper. You just have to know how to drive on rough terrain or bumps. I don't drive all that conservatively on bumps either.
Thanks, I do "know how to drive on rough terrain or bumps". I can't do much better than to slow to a crawl when pulling into a ramped driveway, and it scrapes more often than not. I think you're exaggerating, or your 2007 is way different in the front end height in terms of scraping than my 2010. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Last edited by cruiserandmax; 12-19-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I own a 2009, same as your 2010. I am not exaggerating. Its not about speed, its about angle.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:00 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I own a 2009, same as your 2010. I am not exaggerating. Its not about speed, its about angle.

ding ding ding ding ding.. keyword angle anyone who goes head on with a bump or driveway is going to eat shit regardless all of us GD owners who are slammed know this allll to well

Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I shouldn't have to slow to a crawl turning off/onto a busy street to a ramped driveway. Then again, I'm spoiled in that regard from driving trucks and SUVs since 2002 - the Element was impossible to scrape in this manner. Dunno how you guys can stand to lower the fit even more. It already has almost no clearance!

But, to each his own!

Old 12-19-2009, 09:30 PM
You don't have to slow to a crawl, just go at an angle. Like I said I'm lowered and have plenty of ground clearance. That is your accustomed way of driving SUV's that keeps thinking your Fit doesn't have any ground clearance. Like I said my car is lowered and I take bumps and driveways at normal speed and have never scraped. I've been driving lowered cars my whole life.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
I scraped my GD once on my driveway because I had improper angle. I haven't scraped since and I'm in Michigan (we have some of the worse roads in the country)

Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 AM
My biggest problem with the fit: where do I put my MP3 player? You gave me an aux jack but no place for my player. Does it go in the cup holder? The little slot by the em. brake? I would have liked something that made sense.

Seats are horrible for pet hair, impossible to completely get out too.
Wife complains that the pedals are uncomfortable with any amount of heal on your shoe. Even just thick sandals.
Storage is useless, on my 2007 there is no storage but even the new models I just can't see how any of it is really practical.
Seat is as far from adjustable as possible.
The entire panel area for the stereo and air system is just ugly.
No automatic lights.
No intermittent wipers.
Passenger side wiper uselessly small and hard to find a replacement.
The fit is much lighter and has less power than my corolla yet my corolla gets way better mileage... waaaay better.
Needs factory tint, especially IN FLORDIA! (Many Honda cars arrive on lot with tint, not the fit)
AC is weak and it heats up too fast, again... tint.
Tons of road noise (just started fixing that myself)

I love my fit, don't get me wrong. However, the sport model is almost like getting a base model of several other cars that are superior to the fit. If it weren't for the size, layout, and major features of the fit I would have gone with another regular car. It is probably still the best hatchback but come on.

Where are the features?! Make a Fit LX!! I would GLADLY pay for a luxury edition!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by narquam
The fit is much lighter and has less power than my corolla yet my corolla gets way better mileage... waaaay better.
Really!? What mileage does your Corolla get? And for that matter- what has your Fit mileage been? Not doubting- just curoius.

If Toyota still made the Corolla Wagon I'd have been all over it!!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
I would have liked a factory sunroof. I'll be OK though - it wasn't enough of a concern to make me buy a Matrix instead. Also, it is hard to get much of a discount on a Fit and it was impossible to find a Manual Transmission Sport in my area so I took the AT.

Last edited by tlwiz; 01-11-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Not too many gripes, but a few I've noticed in the 3k miles I've put on my Fit has to be...

-No intermittent wiper function (adjustable)
-A/C on with defrost (Civics and Accords have this manually selectable)
-4000RPM @ 70mph
-No seat angle adjustment and not nearly enough bottom bolster
-No heated mirrors...don't care about the power folding issue, but a cold weather package would be nice.
-No audio controls on the wheel for Sports w/out Navi
-No legit engine temp gauge, or outside temp readout
-Rear drums????????
-No liftgate release for the keyless entry

That being said, I love the car and with what I had to spend and the mileage I drive, there really isn't much else out there. (I'd never drive a Yaris, Aveo or even another econobox that isn't a Honda). The only car I looked at was a TDI Jetta ($$$$).

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit