General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Just wondering, was your car rear ended by some one talking on a cell phone??... It is a terribly irresponsible thing to do and should be against the law to drive and and talk on a phone at the same time.
I got rear ended by a D-bag who wasn't paying attention (was actually possibly on the phone, I don't know for sure) while driving a Ford Econoline. Had I not changed lanes several moments prior he could have killed the people in the Mini Cooper in front of me (2 people in the back seat) if he hit them like he hit me. Fortunately I have replaced the Fit and talking on your cell phone IS illegal here in CA.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
You gotta be kidding me?! Another one of these threads?! Weve had like 4 "What dont you like about the Fit" threads in the past couple of months. Its the same non-sense where people go on about every single little detail they could find wrong with a $16000 car. This is why this forum is starting to suck ass. Its just full of people complaining instead of appreciating what Honda has done and actually being proud of the car you purchased. WTF is going on here?!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...-your-fit.html

Last edited by qbmurderer13; 11-30-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
You gotta be kidding me?! Another one of these threads?! Weve had like 4 "What dont you like about the Fit" threads in the past couple of months. Its the same non-sense where people go on about every single little detail they could find wrong with a $16000 car. This is why this forum is starting to suck ass. Its just full of people complaining instead of appreciating what Honda has done and actually being proud of the car you purchased. WTF is going on here?!
You gotta be kidding me, another post by someone complaining about people pointing out the deficiencies of potentially the biggest purchase they'll make this year?! You'd think the place would have only fanboys blinded by its awesomeness.

I'd much rather have someone tell me what's wrong about the car I'm thinking about buying as I'm likely to be blinded by its awesomeness.

mmm lessee; the factory carpeted floor mats curl for no apparent reason. And it doesn't clean itself. You'd think with all its cat-like attributes self-cleaning would be standard.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by Steve244
You gotta be kidding me, another post by someone complaining about people pointing out the deficiencies of potentially the biggest purchase they'll make this year?! You'd think the place would have only fanboys blinded by its awesomeness.

I'd much rather have someone tell me what's wrong about the car I'm thinking about buying as I'm likely to be blinded by its awesomeness.

mmm lessee; the factory carpeted floor mats curl for no apparent reason. And it doesn't clean itself. You'd think with all its cat-like attributes self-cleaning would be standard.
Theres already tons of threads out there with MULTIPLE pages each of people complaining about every single possible flaw with the car. Why keep creating them? It seems repetative to me. Stick to one thread and carry on complaining about how the door handle is too far away from the armrest or whatever the hell you guys come up with.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...-your-fit.html
If you see a title of a thread like this and you don't like it, don't read it. I don't think it's meant to be an "I hate my Fit" thread as much as a "what little things would you improve" thread.

Here's my list:

-Clutch feels slightly numb compared to some other cars I've had (due to check valve in it maybe?)
-I wish I could turn off the AC compressor when I had the defrost on. When it's cold and dry in the winter, the air is plenty dry enough on its own to defog the by just be heating it--there's no need to run the AC system with it, and this hurts mileage some.
-I wish the steering wheel telescoped just a little bit further out.
-Front overhang is easy to hit on driveways
-6th gear in M/T would be nice
-Low beam headlights seem to aim too low.

But really, I love my car a ton. It's great. It's peppy. It's fun. It holds anything. It's comfortable. It sips gas. It looks cool. It's reliable.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
I got rear ended by a D-bag who wasn't paying attention (was actually possibly on the phone, I don't know for sure) while driving a Ford Econoline. Had I not changed lanes several moments prior he could have killed the people in the Mini Cooper in front of me (2 people in the back seat) if he hit them like he hit me. Fortunately I have replaced the Fit and talking on your cell phone IS illegal here in CA.
I wish there was a law here in the land of twisting, turning, hilly, tree lined two lane roads where most of the traffic is either huge SUVs or 3/4 ton or larger extended cab trucks that are driven by bubbas and bubbettes that can hardly chew gum and walk at the same time..... Oh yes, and the occasional tractor pulling some sort of agricultural implement going 7 MPH while talking on a cell phone....Imagine being on an Interstate highway in bumper to bumper traffic at 90 + MPH with a huge Dodge Ram diesel dually with Banks Performance decals pulling a twenty foot closed trailer 3' feet off of your back bumper talking on his phone..... I could go on for a very long time about this, but I am sure there are a lot of people that have seen the same sort of things I have.... Sorry about your car, glad you got another one.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Theres already tons of threads out there with MULTIPLE pages each of people complaining about every single possible flaw with the car. Why keep creating them? It seems repetative to me. Stick to one thread and carry on complaining about how the door handle is too far away from the armrest or whatever the hell you guys come up with.
Maybe we don't need multiple ones, but these threads are great...when I was researching this car, I found the fact that actual owners really have to dig deep to come up with complaints to be far more telling than any glowing magazine review!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
I don't like the headrests but let me elaborate as I am not talking about how they protrude forward.

I hate how when I come to a toll booth, for example, and when I push back with my legs in order to straighten out to grab change from my pocket, if I so much as tap the headrests, they raise up and are a b**** to lower with one hand. I wish it was harder to raise them or a way to lock them in place.

But besides that................LOVE MY FIT!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I think I'm one of the few who doesn't find the M/T gearing at highway speeds to be of any concern at all.

Then again I'm coming from another Honda that's revving around 5,000 RPMs @ 80mph. It gets 30-32 mpg highway on average, significantly higher than the EPA estimates (Integra Type R). Honda's are known for being able to endure constant higher revs and the 1-2mpg difference one might see as a difference between the 5-spd and M/T on the highway is negligible in my own opinion (that being said the difference probably wouldn't even be that significant, the EPA MPG estimates are inaccurate to begin with and the difference can be made up in city-driving/hypermiling/short shifting).

But to answer the original posted question, there is almost nothing that I dislike about the GE8. Its cheap, small, carries a lot, seats four comfortably, efficient, good looking, fun to drive, even easier to park and the best part of all; it's a Honda.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 PM
the sun visors are pretty useless......mostly when pulled to shade the side window.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
Maybe we don't need multiple ones, but these threads are great...when I was researching this car, I found the fact that actual owners really have to dig deep to come up with complaints to be far more telling than any glowing magazine review!
MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!!! This is precisely what makes these threads useful. Most people are intelligent enough to read between the lines when reading reviews on products they are thinking of buying. We realize that no car is perfect, and that every design is a compromise in order to appeal to a certain demographic. We can tell when those complaining are splitting hairs vs. revealing major design flaws, and we act accordingly.

Can you imagine what the complaints list about a certain car that rhymes with say, "Lodge Leon" might sound like? They'd probably drive potential buyers away in droves:

1. Consumes head gaskets like they were smarties.

2. Paint began delaminating after only two years and hasn't stopped since.

3. High beams only as bright as everyone else's low beams; low beams almost as effective as flicking a Bic lighter.

4. Front end bushings shot just after warranty expired.

5. Transmission worn out at 60,000 miles. Dealer won't honor secret warranty.

6. Interior door handles broke off. Typical domestic CRAP. No wonder the Japanese manufacturers are kicking our ass!

7. Resale value next to nil. Car depreciated like a hooker in her 20th season.

8. Car is now on its 3rd ECU, the first of which cratered just out of warranty. Again, no dealer "good will" policy honored.

9. Rust began forming in body seams during the third winter after leaving the showroom.

10. Door hinges worn at under 80,000 miles, causing doors to sag and the leading edges of door skins to make contact with the trailing egdes of front fender skins. Paint chipped away in these areas is rapidly being replaced by rust.

So you see? These lists can be VERY useful. Lots of folks liked the low price, styling, handling and peppy performance of the car I alluded to in the above example. But I'll bet most of those buyers wish the hell a thread like this one had existed for their rides before they made their purchases.

For most of us, truth is more important than short-term happiness. We don't plug our ears and tell those complaining to shut up. Some people can handle the truth. Others can't and would rather be lied to.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 11-30-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: grammatical errors.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
The only thing I don't like is that I didn't have one sooner.

But I suppose that doesn't qualify, so the only thing I can think of is not having a gas door release inside the car.

Dan

Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
You guys complain more than a bitch on Menopause!!!

The car is great!

Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MugenAP2

The car is great!
Haha, are you sure you don't mean on their period/PMS? It's kind of two different things but maybe bitchiness is also associated with menopause, who knows.

Last edited by secondspassed; 11-30-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MugenAP2

The car is great!

LOL. But chew on this for a minute: If nobody ever complained about their cars we'd still all be driving Model Ts.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by secondspassed
maybe bitchiness is also associated with menopause, who knows.
Menopause = PMS X 10

The only thing I don't like about the Fit is that when my 2 year old opens the back window I can lock it but the button shuts off driver control of the window switches in the driver's door as well so I have to wait until he gets off the switch, roll it up then hit the lock button before he can press the button again. Then I can't work any of the windows but the driver's.

If it wasn't for that it would be perfect.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
bluetooth add-on is ridiculously expensive. I don't use a cell phone enough to care but this would be a major detraction for most of today's car buyers.

Cruise control is not available without getting a bunch of stuff I don't care about or want (I think spoilers are about the silliest thing ever stuck on the outside of a passenger car; you might as well put a "turbo" emblem on for all the good they do. Same with paddle shifters). I opted for the base and no cruise.

A/C is weak and noisy.

Sorry, I'm on the rag today.

One thing that's worthwhile noting; I bitched before about the lack of performance over 40mph. The performance improved noticeably (both in acceleration and mpg) after about 3,500 miles. MPG went up about 10% and power seemed to increase a similar amount. It seemed to change over the course of a single tank of gas so it was very noticeable. Now the fit's more than "adequate" in all ranges and spirited off the line. What I would expect from the class and price range.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Steve244
I think spoilers are about the silliest thing ever stuck on the outside of a passenger car; you might as well put a "turbo" emblem on for all the good they do.
You'd probably get less drag from the turbo sticker

Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Other than the wretched location of the unlabeled fuse panel, I have very few complaints about the 2009 Sport AT that I couldn't rectify easily and at little cost (weak horn, insufficient lumbar support for my back, center arm rest console).

Since I haven't been able to find a "What do you LIKE" thread, here are some likes. I never thought I would drive an econocar with under 2 liter engine that had a decent AT, but the Fit AT is the best I've ever experienced on a small car. It almost always shifts when I want, not when it wants. If it does get into a situation where we disagree (e.g., mountain roads), Sport mode and paddle shifters give me all the control I want. I like the fact that in 5M it downshifts slightly (but less than in Drive) in response to pressing on the accelerator; if I want more acceleration, I can always use the paddles. The engine is very happy with revs, which is good, since you can't expect much torque from a normally aspirated 1.5 liter engine. I have no complaints at all about the power; it's not a rocket, but more than capable, especially if you let the engine spin to where it makes good power.

Something I have rarely seen mentioned is the sheer tactile delight of the Fit's switch gear, and the overall excellent ergonomics of the cockpit. Overall, I give very high marks to Honda engineers for controls that are are within easy reach, visible, and intuitive.

The Fit rear hatch is another example of good engineering. My mother has a 2001 Dodge Caravan, and closing the hatch requires a firm, almost violent slam. With the Fit, one finger is enough to get it to latch. This is not accidental; Honda's engineers calculated exactly the amount of spring and strut geometry required for smooth operation of the rear hatch; Chrysler's engineers appear to have given no thought to this at all.

My main points of reference are a 2003 Subaru Forester and a 2001 Olds Alero. Controls on the Fit and the Forester are close, with an edge (possibly reflecting 6 years of design evolution) for the Fit. Front visibility is better with the Fit; rear visibility better with the Forester. The Fit seats (including head rests) fit me better, but others might feel differently.

The Olds belongs to my 88-year old father-in-law, and is often considered a geezer car, yet the Fit is far more geezer friendly, with large, illuminated numbers on the instruments, and buttons and controls that are 2 to 4 times the size of their counterparts on the Olds. Good design should work for everybody. No car is perfect (or perfect for all drivers), but for its price point, I have little to complain about with the Fit.

Last edited by Selden; 12-08-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 PM
for a car that price it really aint that bad............

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit