General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by x98myers7
not sure if they have been said or not:

4. A/C system does not engage the compressor 100% of the time

3. i despise the seating position. i foot/knee/ankle hurt after the drive home. i can't seem to find a sweet spot.

2. no cruise control

1. A/C turns on automatically in defrost mode. i absolutely ****ing HATE this. in the winter time i won't have a choice now but to have the ****ing A/C on ALL the time. i bought the fit because i (stupidly) assumed that like all other previous hondas the A/C button was the sole control of A/C. not true. this pisses me off SO much

btw, i have a base model

Well you got the base knowing about no cruise...haha

I can't solve your other problems but heres your defrost issue fixed. I did it and it works lovely.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post108654

Good luck.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, i know... believe me. but, i really didn't have a choice. a base was hard enough to find let alone manual trans.... let alone a sport manual trans.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the link. i will do that ASAP!

edit: i just did the mod. took me literally 30 seconds. works perfectly! thank you so much.

Last edited by x98myers7; 09-07-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
steering wheel is too far up...im about 5 10 and need leg room, after adjusting my seat to comfortably fit my legs the steering wheel seems a bit too far (my old civic si was perfect)

planning on swapping out my steering wheel so i can get it extending a bit more

Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
yeah, i know... believe me. but, i really didn't have a choice. a base was hard enough to find let alone manual trans.... let alone a sport manual trans.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the link. i will do that ASAP!

edit: i just did the mod. took me literally 30 seconds. works perfectly! thank you so much.
anytime. this forum is full of quick fixes and solutions to some of the things most of us fit owners dislike...
I think it'd be nice to have a perfect car, but it wouldnt be as fun and you certainly wouldnt learn much. thats my view at least =)

Old 09-08-2008, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
The best I have seen with my Fit is 6.6 L/100 km on the prairies with no AC, while It freeze my balls off in winter before the weather even gets cold. I rented a Chevy Impala, Loaded with luxury, the AC going, and averaged 5.8 L / 100 km on highway across rolling prairies at 100 km/h (62 mph) with occasional passing and slowing for towns. Through the mountains I averaged 6.8L/100km with stop and start for frequent photo opportunities. The full size Chevy might be hard on gas in the city but it is incredibly economical on the highway. North of Dakota and montana, the Fit should be equipped with a fur coat.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i lol'd at the first one.

my only gripe about the fit is that i emit too much SMUG now. it really pisses people off

Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
smug!!!

Originally Posted by McSwine

A whole new angle on Fit/green humor! thank you! Prepare for a smug alert. when you go to Kelley Blue Book and see that your Fit has appreciated in value the Smug values will be off the scale! If you drive a fit then breathe deeply.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone notice that the AC button and the passenger airbag light gets really hot?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deivioncrx
The Deadpedal is the only Gripe

IDK if most of you guys are comming from other cars, but everything you dont like, has been "honda" since 73, Honda never has multi intermintant settings on there wipers, or any settings on the rear wipers, Hondas never had arm rests, and they also dont have DRL. Im not saying its kool, it sucks, but its just the way honda works.
I don't know if someone has already responded to this, but my '98 HONDA Prelude Type-SH had 3 levels of intermittent settings on the wipers, and an armrest center console.

Never was a fan of having the headlights on during the day though.

What I don't like about the fit?

1. Parking lights are too small...wish they stood out more when driving in the evening

2. Not enough interior lighting

3. Seats aren't the most comfortable

4. Seats place me too high above the pedals so my ankle gets tired from having to step down onto the pedals as opposed to resting my foot on it's heel and pressing with my toes

5. Shifter gives 0.00000000 feedback. Easy to mis-shift

6. 1-piece fold up tailgate. Would have preferred a 2-piece like in the old EG hatches

7. Buttons on the stereo suck balls. Sometimes I have to press a button 4 times to get it to work but the power button never fails even if I'm just adjusting the volume.

I know it seems like a long list...but I love my fit more than any other car I've ever owned. It just has so much personality...plus I can fill the tank for about $33 and go longer than all those idiots who bought SUV's to drive by themselves

Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i still miss the ambient temp gauge...especially when it gets colder outside. i need to get a scangauge.

i also still miss the tach in the center of the cluster especially on a MT
car.

said the same thing about 8months ago, nothing has changed.

otherwise it's a great car for wat it is.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:59 AM
nothing really bugs me about my fit, just that my shoes scratch the door panels when i come in or get out of my fit and the marks are really hard to clean. other than that, i love the jdm armrest, i think that should come stock with all usdm fits.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:02 AM
not sure if they have been said or not:

4. A/C system does not engage the compressor 100% of the time

3. i despise the seating position. i foot/knee/ankle hurt after the drive home. i can't seem to find a sweet spot.

2. no cruise control

1. A/C turns on automatically in defrost mode. i absolutely ****ing HATE this. in the winter time i won't have a choice now but to have the ****ing A/C on ALL the time. i bought the fit because i (stupidly) assumed that like all other previous hondas the A/C button was the sole control of A/C. not true. this pisses me off SO much

btw, i have a base model
dude there is cruise control

Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
I love my Fit, but there are some problems that can be/are quite annoying. Some I knew about before I bought it, others came later in the game. Gee, I didn't realize I'd be posting a novella.
  • Biggest complaint: The center console intrudes into the driver footwell, forcing the right leg into an unnatural position in order to reach the go-pedal. I've honestly considered cutting the cupholder section completely off.
  • Lack of a center console armrest. (Eventually, I'll buy the JDM one)
  • Lack of available cruise on the Base model (ONLY thing I wanted a Sport for)
  • Lack of a dead pedal. (Waiting for a couple of spare dollars in the account)
  • Lack of decent interior lighting/courtesy lights. I'll have to fix that someday.
  • Lack of available cruise on the Base model. (Only reason I'd spend the extra money for a Sport) Yes, there is an aftermarket DBW cruise that plugs into the factory ECM, but I'm not sure I'd trust it.
  • Paint chips too easily. I've 7600 miles on my 103 day-old Fit, and it looks like swiss cheese in the front. Honestly, when I first joined the Fit forums, I thought NHBP stood for New Honda, Bad Paint.
  • Can't open the door without unlocking it first. Add the fact that only the driver has an unlock button for the power locks.
  • The driver should still have control over all windows when the window lock button is depressed, not just the driver's window.
  • Cheap carpet - which leads to:
  • Insanely high prices for Honda accessories. Thank goodness for eBay, or I'd still be riding around with $10 one-size-fits-all floor mats, hacked up to fit the floor.
  • Gauge lights on any time the engine is running. I use my headlights day and night, and have left work tired at night and driven for a number of blocks before realizing that the headlights weren't on.
Having read the entire thread, these simple fixes stuck out:
  • Blind spot? I bought a pair of stick-on convex mirrors at Wally-World for $3.00 the first week I had the car. All of our vehicles have them, and I can see the entire side of the car and still change lanes. Very helpful, too, in that the company I work for requires us to back into the parking spaces at work. I can see the lines on the ground all the way up to the front door without moving the mirrors.
  • Wipers? Who still uses windshield wipers for more than a quick cleaning once in a blue moon? RAIN-X does, indeed work.
  • Static? Grab anything metal and hold onto it while exiting. Problem solved.
  • Noisy? 1/2 an hour and two cans of spray undercoating fixed that. It also serves to cover up the awful primer/paint overspray in the wheelwells.

And the one the got me the most:
  • Poor mileage? The absolute worst mileage I've yet gotten was 36mpg or 6.53L/100km. This last tank, I drove some 20 miles at 80+ mph, ran the A/C quite a bit, and generally drove like an ass and still got 43 mpg or 5.47L/100km. With the tire pressure at 44psi, and driving at or below 55 mph, I managed 49.46 mpg or 4.76L/100km the tank before last. That's with an AT Base, BTW.

Last edited by E = Mc2; 09-10-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah... idiot lights versus real gauges:

Most factory gauges are crap anyway, and the overwhelming majority of drivers on the road don't pay any attention to them. I drive for a living (Greyhound), so I'm used to using the gauges but, for most people, it would be a waste of money for the manufacturer to put them in. I've noticed any number of people who don't even look at the speedometer once they've reached a certain speed, which explains why they can't seem to maintain a steady speed, either. One jackass passed me 14 times in the space of 40 miles one night.

In my spare time, I fix other peoples' crap. I've had people bring me their cars that never noticed the oil, temp and check engine lights were on. A friend had me check out his car that because it was leaking oil from every possible orifice. He'd added oil because his father told him the oil was low, and it suddenly started leaking... Yup, he filled it up. Dipstick? What's that?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
  • Poor mileage? The absolute worst mileage I've yet gotten was 36mpg or 6.53L/100km. This last tank, I drove some 20 miles at 80+ mph, ran the A/C quite a bit, and generally drove like an ass and still got 43 mpg or 5.47L/100km. With the tire pressure at 44psi, and driving at or below 55 mph, I managed 49.46 mpg or 4.76L/100km the tank before last. That's with an AT Base, BTW.

Do you guys have enthonal in your gas? Im at 3K miles and my average tank is still 27mpg and hit 33 once on a longer trip. Auto tranny.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Do you guys have enthonal in your gas? Im at 3K miles and my average tank is still 27mpg and hit 33 once on a longer trip. Auto tranny.
Here in Memphis, nearly all the gas stations put up to 10% ethanol in the gas. That might make the difference. It also depends on how you drive. You seem to be getting the lower end of the average AT fuel economy, according to the AT FE poll:https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/eco-...-your-fit.html

Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Here in MA the pumps say the gas may contain up to 10% ethanol. I average around 34 MPG about 50-50 city and hwy driving. My fit is a manual trans though. The most I've achieved was 38 MPG on a long highway trip. I don't drive like a grandma though

Old 09-10-2008, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y2ks2k
No ethanol here. I am scrupulous to avoid Jefferson County (aka Louisville) KY gas as well, as that is a "reformulated" gas. I've noted in the past that Louisville gas costs more and usually nets me 14% worse fuel economy.

I keep my tires aired to 40psi or more, and rarely drive any faster than 55mph. Slow, easy acceleration and limited P-n-G account for the rest. There's quite a bit of info in the Fuel economy section and at CleanMPG, if you're interested.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
  • Can't open the door without unlocking it first. Add the fact that only the driver has an unlock button for the power locks.
  • Um, how is this a problem? If the door is locked, of course you have to unlock it to open it. WTF?

• The driver should still have control over all windows when the window lock button is depressed, not just the driver's window.
Well, that's why the driver and only the driver has control of the window lock button.

• Insanely high prices for Honda accessories. Thank goodness for eBay, or I'd still be riding around with $10 one-size-fits-all floor mats, hacked up to fit the floor.
  • All OEM accessories are overpriced. Labor adds to that. I paid $70 + $13 s&h for the carpet floormats that have an MSRP price of $112. Thanks you hondapartsdeals.com

Old 09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
    we were looking at mazda and gm accessories at work and they are way cheaper, granted you would have to own a gm to get cheaper accessories so its a crappy trade off, but honda stuff is way too much.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit