General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Customer Relations?

The argument that Honda had *no* auggestions for uncomfortable seats strikes me as odd. It's hardly an "esoteric" issue--as one respondent put it--when it sends two people into physical therapy. It would be one thing if we were the only two, but it doesn't take a lot of searching to find that we're not! We share the disdain another repondent has about the litigiousness of American society, but it's easy enough to predict that Honda's cavalier refusal to see an obvious problem will eventually lead to lawsuits.

As we said, no car fits everyone & we don't blame Honda for our poor choice of buying without driving the car long enough--and we recommend that you don't even consider this car unless it's comfortable after a solid hour of driving--but we *do* expect comon courtesy and common sense. It's one thing to say that Honda doesn't "recommend" any other seats, but to know so little about one's product that they've no clue is another matter entirely. To not know if the seat is the same as a previous years' seats, whether there are standard rails in Honda cabins, or give us any info on how Honda airbags are armed made us wonder if the person in charge of customer relations for Honda USA actually knows much of anything about the vehicle. We got the feeling that all he was doing was spouting the bare minimum necessary to say that Honda *has* a customer relations dept. The implied msg was that the Fit is hot car, Honda has low inventory, so too bad... Would it have killed Honda to at least be sympathetic? Simply horrible customer relations--we wouldn't even consider trading up for a different model Honda after our conversations with CR.

Also for the record, we have had very good luck with Toyota whenever we had to contact them, but we'd admit that's hardly a fair comparison as almost nothing ever goes wrong with Toyotas. Our '05 Corolla did get hit, however, and Toyota CR couldn't have been more helpful in telling us and our auto body shop which non-Toyota parts could substitute for those no longer in stock!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Two small gripes, outside temp gauge and a bit more power or acceleration would have been welcome additions. Other then that it's a great little car.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Two small gripes, outside temp gauge and a bit more power or acceleration would have been welcome additions. Other then that it's a great little car.
you can probably adapt the accord accessory mirror (outside temp) to the car and install a throttle controller

Old 11-21-2009, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
I can't help but think of a letter I received from BMW after buying a new R 1100 GS motorcycle in 1994 asking what I thought might be needed to improve that model..... I had been riding a few months and accumulated mileage on and off road and had a lot ideas that I suggested..... The model of the GS that followed surprisingly included every change that I suggested..... The only Honda I have owned that wasn't a literal pain in the ass to operate was a Helix motorscooter..... I also owned a XR 350 which was an off road enduro type motorcycle that was very comfortable and with some tuning just a down right pleasure to ride.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
The transmission "lurch" on the AT models when slowing near the stop drives me nuts (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tic-lurch.html). Otherwise I love this car soup to nuts!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
My only current complaint is the car has too little ground clearance and too much overhang in the front. You have to be WAY TOO CAUTIOUS pulling out of driveways and parking lots to keep from slamming the nose of the car on the ground.

I was careful and managed not to scrape the nose for eight months, until today. I dragged the nose pulling out of the parking lot of the grocery store here in town. It left a few scrape marks under the nose which cannot be fixed, and I'm mad enough to bite nails in half.

I don't know how you guys who lower your cars deal with this. Do you ever actually drive them?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
My only current complaint is the car has too little ground clearance and too much overhang in the front.
Actually this is a really good one- I scraped the nose pulling out of the dealer lot when I picked up the car! Not that hard, but it is lame..

Old 11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Seats..seats...seats..!!!

My 2010 AT basic is smoooth and quiet (enough for me anyway?), and gets good MPGs, and is peppy enough too, and that ultra-quick steering by wire is a whole lotta fun IMO!! I also greatly enjoy the great view from the cockpit; when driving now I can enjoy looking out as much as my wife does!
So I'm mostly happy...
Only thing is, the seat cushions are just too damn short! Driving at anything over 2 hours and I get pains in my ass bone and left lower thigh! Gonna have to try some after-market seat cushions I guess, see how that works out...

Also IMO Honda should'a added a tint band along the top 4 inches of the windshield, but I can fix that easily enough. -However overhead map lights should've never been made available only in the Sport models!!! Phoooey!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
I'll agree about the tint strip. I noticed new cars stopped adding tint strips in 2002. I thought there was some federal law prohibiting them. Does anybody know? I know New York allows them. Maybe some other states prohibit them so carmakers stopped using them.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
I am shopping the net for new seats now after over three years of owning my car.... 5 or 6 hour drive is beyond miserable for me and even 2 hours hurts..... I am very happy that my wife bought a new Subaru Forester because I just can't handle any more long vacation trips in my Fit..... The seats are almost as bad as those in the only other Honda (82 Accord) I have owned that caused me to go out and purchase an ancient VW Rabbit.....Every time I get in my car I am reminded of the time in Okinawa when I was in the Marines and short of money.... I decided to catch a civilian bus to do a little shopping off base and had to sit almost sideways with my butt lower knees due to the lack of leg space, with me taking up the same amount of room as two or three Japanese people..... Otherwise The Fit is a great little machine.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:55 AM
What don't you like about your honda fit 2nd gen?

I have a 2009 lancer and im thinking about trading it in for a 09 fit. What do you guys dislike about your fits?

Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
its gonna be alot slower then ur used to, mostly.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
there's a whole thread on the topic... you just have to separate the old fits from the new one... i'm sure most posts from the last year in that thread are for the current fit.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...-your-fit.html

Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
I want relax/refresh mode on the 09/10

Old 11-29-2009, 04:04 AM
lack of power (which i knew going in), and lack of aftermarket support (at least not what the gd's have right now).. other than that, i'm a happy camper.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:51 AM
I, for one, find my 09 AT Sport to be the most entertaining car to drive that I have ever owned. I work in a place that I can drive a different car back and forth to work at least two-three nights a week. Before I got my Fit I was driving an 07 V6 Accord and I really looked forward to driving other cars, really no matter what they were, just for the experience of other cars. Now my boss will walk up with keys and an RO and say "drive this home tonight" and I'm disappointed I won't get to drive the Fit. I drove a Chrysler 300 SRT8 the other night and couldn't wait till the next afternoon so I could drive my car again. I've had Preludes, Z28 Camaros, an 07 381hp Tundra, a turbo 16v Mirage and none of them have engaged me like this car does. As a father of four kids and married, the level of attention/adoration I pay to mine borders on inappropriate.

Dislikes.

I hate that the rear suspension is unadjustable. Mine is out of alignment slightly and I still don't know how to fix it.

The AT is quirky when it shifts itself. MTs are awesome but rarer, few more RPM on the road, if highways are your thing I prefer the AT. Honda may update the AT software, if I find something I'll let you guys know.

I may get flamed for this but I've driven GDs and GEs back to back and the GE's character IMO is tamer than the GD. More usable? YES. More comfortable? YES. More rifined? YES. More fun? NO.

All in all, I'm thinking of buying another 09 Sport MT for me in TW and giving the SBP AT to the wife.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 AM
I, for one, don't find the Fit that lacking in power. Of course I came from a PT Cruiser, so anything is relative. If you keep the revs up, it can give some real entertaining driving in town. On the highway, passing power is somewhat short, but no problem cruising at 75 all day, including up and down mountains. One of my favorite cars. (Even if our local dealerships are not so hot)

Old 11-29-2009, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rhyneba

Dislikes.

I hate that the rear suspension is unadjustable. Mine is out of alignment slightly and I still don't know how to fix it.

The AT is quirky when it shifts itself. MTs are awesome but rarer, few more RPM on the road, if highways are your thing I prefer the AT. Honda may update the AT software, if I find something I'll let you guys know.

I may get flamed for this but I've driven GDs and GEs back to back and the GE's character IMO is tamer than the GD. More usable? YES. More comfortable? YES. More rifined? YES. More fun? NO.

All in all, I'm thinking of buying another 09 Sport MT for me in TW and giving the SBP AT to the wife.
The GE is tamer/more refined than the GD. That's what I like about my wife's car. You feel more connected to the road. I like everything else better about the GE though... interior, exterior. All but the wheels. I wish the GEs used the GD's (more common) tire size. Let's just put it this way. My wife won't let me trade her car in on a GE. She calls it an alien car. She doesn't even want to trade it for her other two favorite cars, the Mini Cooper and the GTI.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Coming from a grand caravan,my 09 fit AT is FUN to drive.
#1 -The cupholder won't hold my large coffee cup.Ihad to switch to a tall & tippy mug
#2 -No two zone heating.
that's it I think
gord

Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
i honestly went from a v8 supercharged vehical. and i dont consider the fit slow.

if you got a manual you can just keep it at a higher RPM when going tru traffer so there would be some power there.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit