General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:43 AM
fit seat

I have a lot of trouble with the front seats on my 2009 fit. the drivers side just isn't that comfortable or adjustable. I remember test driving the 2008 fit, and the 2009 fit drivers seat is definitely better than the 2008's. Hopefully the newer years are better.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Supercharger

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
According to JDMChris his dynoed at 212 horsepower... What I have is real close to what he has as far as the KWSC high boost kit and I think exhaust system as well... It will do 0 to 60 in under 7 seconds when the weather isn't too hot or too cold...
That is not bad AT ALL,,worth considering,any additives to the fuel,or any considerations concerning fuel used ?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by timo2b
I have a lot of trouble with the front seats on my 2009 fit. the drivers side just isn't that comfortable or adjustable. I remember test driving the 2008 fit, and the 2009 fit drivers seat is definitely better than the 2008's. Hopefully the newer years are better.
I guess its all in the fit of the butt. I have both the 08 and the 09 Fit. I prefer the drivers side 08 seat, but I prefer the passenger side 09 seat. But, keep in mind, I don't feel that either car has a great driver seat.... for me, anyway.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
I like Subie's positive attitude and love the photo of his Chow Chow....

I consider myself to be a very defensive driver and like the idea of a car that is built more with avoiding accidents than having people driving around and doing stupid things because they feel that they will not be hurt in an accident...
Thanks TC! I think defensive driving comes with maturity and lots of time behind the wheel but definitely, the finer points of which can be taught to heighten the awareness. The Fit is definitely nimble enough to avoid accidents. Both car and driver need to be in sync with what each can and cannot do... And as much as people tend to gravitate towards added horses, added stopping power and driver skill sets should be on the same curve... Emergency maneuvers, anticipation, reaction time, how to handle skids, wet driving, when and when not to swerve, heel and toe, engine braking, etc. should all be part of the upgrade kit... Just me.

Countries arming themselves with enough nuclear weapons that using one on another country armed similarly would result in death to most of the populations of the two countries involved and that has deterred nuclear warfare for over 60 years... Imagine how much lighter, better handling would improve the ability to avoid accidents. Cars would be more economical without all of the built in safety nonsense, not to mention lower purchase prices and bad drivers being sent directly to funeral homes instead of to hospitals would lower insurance premiums.
Heheh, I like your logic there...

When you really appreciate the positive things you can live with or correct what it is that bothers you... Horsepower and torque is always something that is appreciated and the Fit is a lot more fun when it has it.+
Lack of it is also a positive... a good deterrent for hot-dog cravings/moments... In my younger days, I used to have an old '78 Datsun pick up paired with '80 RX7. Drove the pick up so I couldn't go too fast or do crazy maneuvers which I tended to do with the RX7.

Now I've got the '08 Fit paired with an '02 WRX... same logic and a lot more experienced (polite for older ) now... Heheh...

What I don't like about the Fit? I don't get to drive it enough... my son's school DD...

Anyway, Happy New Year ALL! Happy and SAFE motoring!!!

Old 12-27-2011, 04:11 PM
It is kind of tall. Like, from some angles, the car seems monstrously tall. Lowering helps a ton. Dont get me wrong I love the way my car looks now, but for a while I really had second thoughts.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
It is kind of tall. Like, from some angles, the car seems monstrously tall. Lowering helps a ton. Dont get me wrong I love the way my car looks now, but for a while I really had second thoughts.
Agreed! I'd love to have the money to chop the top on ours. I think 3 or 4 inches out of the roof would make a really cool looking Fit.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Funny, I had similar thoughts about how tall the car looked when driving behind a Fit one day. It nearly looks like one of those European Cargo Vans from behind and the tires looked thin as well further giving it a somewhat awkward looking height.

No biggie, as it seems to handle well and I still think it's quite stylish.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Situational Awareness

Originally Posted by Subie
Thanks TC! I think defensive driving comes with maturity and lots of time behind the wheel but definitely, the finer points of which can be taught to heighten the awareness. The Fit is definitely nimble enough to avoid accidents. Both car and driver need to be in sync with what each can and cannot do... And as much as people tend to gravitate towards added horses, added stopping power and driver skill sets should be on the same curve... Emergency maneuvers, anticipation, reaction time, how to handle skids, wet driving, when and when not to swerve, heel and toe, engine braking, etc. should all be part of the upgrade kit... Just me. Heel and toe,man that brings memories,how about double clutching ,,from third to second gear at any speed without breaking a synchro or a gear, and of course , not over revving the engine.Wet driving, skid control and a general mental picture and awareness of who is in front,coming from behind the guy on your left the one on your right,in aviation it is called air picture or situational awareness,very useful. JJ

Heheh, I like your logic there...

Lack of it is also a positive... a good deterrent for hot-dog cravings/moments... In my younger days, I used to have an old '78 Datsun pick up paired with '80 RX7. Drove the pick up so I couldn't go too fast or do crazy maneuvers which I tended to do with the RX7.

Now I've got the '08 Fit paired with an '02 WRX... same logic and a lot more experienced (polite for older ) now... Heheh...

What I don't like about the Fit? I don't get to drive it enough... my son's school DD...

Anyway, Happy New Year ALL! Happy and SAFE motoring!!!
Heel and toe,man that brings memories,how about double clutching ,,from third to second gear at any speed without breaking a synchro or a gear, and of course , not over revving the engine.Wet driving, skid control and a general mental picture and awareness of who is in front,coming from behind the guy on your left the one on your right,in aviation it is called air picture or situational awareness,very useful. EVERYBODY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Rear drum brakes...
Torsion beam...
No sun roof...
And the vsc only comes with the nav..geigh

Other than that I love my fit or else I wouldn't have bought it...

Old 01-16-2012, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
When you really appreciate the positive things you can live with or correct what it is that bothers you... Horsepower and torque is always something that is appreciated and the Fit is a lot more fun when it has it.+
optimist...i like that attitude

Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Just got my 2012 MT fit. It seems to wander on the freeway at high speed , might just be the tire. The rear view mirror seems a little low, the guy to my right at a 4 way stop hides behind it. Other than that, I love the car.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
As a smoker...the mirror/ window combo makes it difficult to ash without it blowing back in. Weak A.C., cheapness of floormats/ carpet. Windshield fogging up... Hate using the a.c. For mileage reasons.
That's it... I love the car. Would buy again. Can't wait to see the redesign!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Funny, I had similar thoughts about how tall the car looked when driving behind a Fit one day. It nearly looks like one of those European Cargo Vans from behind and the tires looked thin as well further giving it a somewhat awkward looking height.

No biggie, as it seems to handle well and I still think it's quite stylish.
Height, width, length... The Fit is proportional...ly the same as a CR-V. Inflate each measurement by 10%. In other words, to a 5'6 person, the fit would look roughly like a CRV does to me!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
It is kind of tall.
Sort of along the same lines, I wish the whole small car market still offered a more traditional station wagon shape - something with the same cargo volume as the Fit, but with a lower roof line and longer cargo area behind the seats. For me, the lower roof would be better for loading kayaks, and the longer cargo area (with the seats folded) would be better for stuff like bikes and snowboards.

I know wagons are the only thing out there that's even less sexy than a minivan, but right now the only real options are a Subaru or a Jetta, both pricier than the Fit and with poorer fuel economy too.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
The fit is back

Well, got my FIT back from the shop,(the rear door got hit by a Yaris,small bump though),they did a great job, but confirmed ,I could use a bit more braking power,need more friction on those rotors, at least for one good stop.This was one of those chain reaction accidents,a brand new white Accord did a quick stop, I was behind, stepped on the brakes,the anti lock did it's thing, so I was able to swerve to the right,otherwise would have hit the Accord "firmly",the lady in the Yaris was not so lucky and hit me.Soooo the one thing I need:better stopping power from relatively warm pads,a rotor conversion is out for now.That, along with better tires and shocks,will do it for me.Besides being so underpowered (getting used to that) that is the only thing I don't like about my FIT, not enough braking power,at least for me.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
The horrible horrible horrible awful awful awful sun visors. OMG they are almost a parody of themselves. They literally only cover 3 inches of the window if you move them to the side position.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjsifo
Well, got my FIT back from the shop,(the rear door got hit by a Yaris,small bump though),they did a great job, but confirmed ,I could use a bit more braking power,need more friction on those rotors, at least for one good stop.This was one of those chain reaction accidents,a brand new white Accord did a quick stop, I was behind, stepped on the brakes,the anti lock did it's thing, so I was able to swerve to the right,otherwise would have hit the Accord "firmly",the lady in the Yaris was not so lucky and hit me.Soooo the one thing I need:better stopping power from relatively warm pads,a rotor conversion is out for now.That, along with better tires and shocks,will do it for me.Besides being so underpowered (getting used to that) that is the only thing I don't like about my FIT, not enough braking power,at least for me.
If the ABS engaged that means your tires would have locked up. What you hit was not the limit of the brakes but the limit of the traction (or static friction for you physics types) of the tires. And once the tires lock up you have even less stopping power since the coeficent of kinetic friction (or the traction between two surfaces slideing realtive to one another) is lower. In other words, if you want to stop faster, get stickier tires.

Speaking of which, I need to see how fast I can stop with my new 205 UPH all seasons.

And for things I don't like, after nearly 18000 miles, the seats are still terible, the TPMS system could have been implemented better (storeing two sets of tires would be grand) and the VSA and traction control are far to slow in responce to be of any use (and in fact, they just end up bein annoying).

Other than that, I have fixed everything else, seats are next on my list of things to do.

Oh, and the seatbelt locks nearly every time I go arround a corner...

Last edited by x_25; 02-08-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:09 PM
(2009 Fit Sport)
•*The fog lights are brittle (Mine broke within a month from the dealer)
•*Road noise (my parents bought a 2012 and its been fixed)
• The OEM 16" wheels have a limited tire selection, and because Bridgestone knows this, they jack the price up like no ones business.
• The Black only interior is a display for dirt and other junk
• My rear struts are shot after 87k, but i did do some off roading in Colorado, so that's probably my fault.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
ManDeer--

Get foglight film
Get some sound deadening material
205/50/16 also work and are easier to find in better tires
Clazzios
Coilovers!

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you--go!!

Lol--btw, I've done 3/5 on that list.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Haha yeah I'm on it! That's just what I don't like the stock Fit.
- New fogs and film are on their way
- I've done some road noise work with my back cargo cover
- Im getting 15" 12lbs wheels with Micheline Primacies in a few months
- A set of KYB GR2 struts will be on their way as well. I dont want to drop $1k on suspension when I don't plan on racing it.

The Bridgestone Potenzas I have on right are to blame for most of my strife. They're noisy, get really bad rolling distance, and have a horrible ride. I was getting 42mpg with the OEM tires, with these I get 36mpg.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit