General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Please let us know how you like those KYBs. I had some kyb agx on my ej but wasn't sure how kyb was doing now and or would compare to the stockers for the fit.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by x_25
If the ABS engaged that means your tires would have locked up. What you hit was not the limit of the brakes but the limit of the traction (or static friction for you physics types) of the tires. And once the tires lock up you have even less stopping power since the coeficent of kinetic friction (or the traction between two surfaces slideing realtive to one another) is lower. In other words, if you want to stop faster, get stickier tires.

Speaking of which, I need to see how fast I can stop with my new 205 UPH all seasons.

And for things I don't like, after nearly 18000 miles, the seats are still terible, the TPMS system could have been implemented better (storeing two sets of tires would be grand) and the VSA and traction control are far to slow in responce to be of any use (and in fact, they just end up bein annoying).

Other than that, I have fixed everything else, seats are next on my list of things to do.

Oh, and the seatbelt locks nearly every time I go arround a corner...
I have to admit ,it makes sense.So which 205 UPH did you get? or was that UHP for ultra high performance,anyway 205 is an improvement in width, guess 205/50/16 ? and speaking of traction control, it is tricky, even scary, I drove a 2004 Accord Coupe 6cyl 6speed which I traded in for the 2011 FIT and sometimes the traction control would not make up its mind, and the car would barely move,both tires wanted to spin!! so I ended up turning it off almost every day.TPMS ?? hell,I check tire pressures 3 or 4 times a week. JJ

Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Just bought my 2012 Fit sport a few days ago. only things i dont like

1). HORN!!!
2). Auto locking doors (i need to read the manual to figure out how to disable them)

Old 02-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Wink Or...

Originally Posted by Theos92vr4
Just bought my 2012 Fit sport a few days ago. only things i dont like

1). HORN!!!
2). Auto locking doors (i need to read the manual to figure out how to disable them)
Read this thread...
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rs-please.html

Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
there no boost

and the car cannot seem to ever get pointed straight, not drive straight pointed straight its like the electric assist steering is overcompensating.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ModR
there no boost

and the car cannot seem to ever get pointed straight, not drive straight pointed straight its like the electric assist steering is overcompensating.
I have a GD and a GE. I don't understand this comment I've read on this site. My cars are as true as arrows, follow the road with very little effort. I guess, everyone has a different feel for the car.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:23 AM
If I am driving on a flat true road and lets say the road curves, I will steer to what seems
To be appropriate but It will understeer or oversteer and I have to compensate in the other direction, or even driving straight at higher speeds it will veer ever so slightley in any direction. At lower speeds the car drives perfectley straight.
Its been like this scence day 1 with 9 miles on the car. I had the dealership check the alignment at about 150miles they said it was perfect. Lowering the car seemed to help a little.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
no change for me. i still dont like the close pedals and the AT.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ModR
If I am driving on a flat true road and lets say the road curves, I will steer to what seems
To be appropriate but It will understeer or oversteer and I have to compensate in the other direction, or even driving straight at higher speeds it will veer ever so slightley in any direction. At lower speeds the car drives perfectley straight.
Its been like this scence day 1 with 9 miles on the car. I had the dealership check the alignment at about 150miles they said it was perfect. Lowering the car seemed to help a little.
Hmmm maybe it's your driving "feel" for the car. The steering is a bit sensitive (responsive) to the touch. I remember when I first drove the Fit, I drove it like my other cars and I was jerking all over the place so I had to adjust my driving style to the Fit's steering response. Just a thought.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by oneadamz12
Just got my 2012 MT fit. It seems to wander on the freeway at high speed , might just be the tire. The rear view mirror seems a little low, the guy to my right at a 4 way stop hides behind it. Other than that, I love the car.
I thought the same thing, then I realized I could move the whole mirror up.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Dose anyone have a fit that stutters when taking off or when shifting gears and speeding up. It is so random, it will not set off a sensor so the Honda people don't know what the problem is. Please respone if you have this problem. there is no water in the gas, the fuel filter is a life time filter(so the Honda shop said). plugs would set off a sensor. so what is up ?

Old 02-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
clean your MAF sensor and check intake. that's where i will look first.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by merkel
Dose anyone have a fit that stutters when taking off or when shifting gears and speeding up. It is so random, it will not set off a sensor so the Honda people don't know what the problem is. Please respone if you have this problem. there is no water in the gas, the fuel filter is a life time filter(so the Honda shop said). plugs would set off a sensor. so what is up ?
There are numerous threads on this site dealing with this problem. You may want to start searching and reading the 100's of pages that people have been discussing about this "stutter." Many say it is the coils. Others say it is the plugs. And there are numerous suggestions, but no one has a definitive answer that I can see. Honda is oblivious to this problem.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
No way to open the hatch from the inside. Unless someone knows how and can help a girl out.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fifty6inches
No way to open the hatch from the inside. Unless someone knows how and can help a girl out.
Why would you want to crawl back there to open it?

Do you have a Sport or Base Fit? GE or GD?

On a Base GE you may be able to run a cable/coathanger wire from the latch mechanism up through a hole you would make in the inside panel. I doubt if could trip the latch this way on a Sport with electric lock.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Why would you want to crawl back there to open it?
I can think of a reason, but board decorum prevents me from listing it.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve244
Get a room or make her crawl out a door.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
One minor annoyance was, the car seats were hard as heck to keep clean. Every little lint speck would stick and we have a small dog as well.

I took care of that with Clazzio's. Now just wipe down with damp towel and move on.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Steve244
Maybe the outside latch is broken....

Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Haha, actually... Just to clarify... The classes I have this semester are far apart from each other on some days and on other days I have to be at school 6 hours early to avoid traffic and to guarantee myself a parking spot. So I put the seats down and lay out a foam bed I made for the entire cargo area to take my naps before and in between classes. And it's not too inconvenient to climb in and out of the doors, but a lot of times the students at my school squeeze their SUVs into the compact parking spots and the only way to get in and out would be through the hatch or through a window. So I was wondering if I needed to "fit" my fit into a tight spot at school, if I could just crawl out the hatch if need be. I have a 2012 Sport MT, and it would be really cool if I could get that to work out, but I don't even know where to start with rigging something, if it's at all possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit