General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Weak Air Conditioning...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Weak Air Conditioning...

...anyone else having this problem? My air conditioning seems to be weak and not very cold. I have to run it wide open (4) and it never gets really cool in the car. It does not even compare to the air conditionings in my parents' Explorer, my brother's mustang, or my sister's corolla. It may just be mine, and that I need to take it in to be checked. But, before all that, I thought I'd see what Fit Nation has to say about it...

Thank You to all who read and reply...

Old 05-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Are your windows tinted? You live in charlotte wich is in a hot ass place i know I live in asheville,bout 2 hours away. When I always hit charlotte it feels like my a/c sux, but I tinted the windows and that helped greatly

Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
same out here in cali

i feel the same on this matter. for some reason its not blasting the air even at level 4 it feels like its at one in my tacoma's ac and im out in california so i really need it this summer.

guess im gonna have to chop the top off the fit so i can get some sun and air in the fit ahahahhahaha.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
It seems to me that the A/C in the fit is not as powerful as in bigger cars, though mine seems to work fine. When driving in the sun, I usually start off on 4, then turn it down to 2 or 3. I keep the temp setting at the coldest level, and the airflow switch on recirculate.

Be sure you have the airflow switch set to recirculate. If the a/c has to cool hot and humid outside air, it won't be as comfortable inside the car than if it is recooling dryer and cooler inside air.

Let us know how you make out.

Joe

Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
My AC gets semi cold, I am a little dissapointed. My 96 civic with 180k AC blows really cold compared to the fit. There could be worse problems though, lol

Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
it gets cold but takes longer. i think it's due to the big windshield and dash plastics. there's a lot of sun that gets in the front area.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Amen, Brutha

Originally Posted by rcantu
it gets cold but takes longer. i think it's due to the big windshield and dash plastics. there's a lot of sun that gets in the front area.
You're right, RC. The Fit has a LOT of glass for such a small car. I love the visibility, but DAMN. The AC is not up to the UV.

Guess it's tintin' time. I have been waiting for a month to get together with this guy who has the rep for being a great tint man, but if I don't hear back from him soon, I will have to find someone else to do the job. JULY in ALABAMA is coming!

Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree. The Fit Air Conditioning isn't freezing like my old Ford Focus was. I used to have to adjust the temperature on the Focus because it was so damn cold. But, at least the Fit won't die in 6 years like my Focus did.

It's strange, my S2000 air conditioning is the same way.

Last edited by arush19; 05-30-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-29-2007, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
I live in HOT Florida

I have noticed that the fit takes a little longer to get cooled off but I can live with that I'm just glad I don't have to deal with a P.O.S. v/w golf tdi like I've had for the last 7 years.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Weak AC

Had my Fit for 2 weeks and notice the same thing. The A/C in my old Ford Ranger blew ice cold even being 11 years old with no A/C problems at all.

I turn it up to 4 and it never feels really cold. Back seat passenger complained over the weekend of being too warm. Redirected the vents and it seemed to help. I am a little concerned about long term look of tinting if not done right so unsure if I want to go that direction. I did go and purchase a sun shade to put on the front windshield. It is not as big as it needs to be. It seemed to help alot and helps the car cool down faster. Hey, Fit Vendors we need a really cool window shade for our Fits - how about one in all the colors of the Fit and it has printed on the shade: Fit This! any other suggestions. I would buy one!!! Cool Idea!!!!

Cat :X

Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
on mine its actually not to bad once it gets cold.it just takes a little while to get cold

Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
The wife says the same thing, the ac is not all that. I guess like the rest of you all, it's time to tint.

Doesn't bother me though, my teg has no ac.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:26 AM
The A/C is fine for me, but my passengers have complained that it gets hot in my car. Guess that's one of those things you just can't check for during a test drive.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Living in Hawaii where it's 80 and humid this is what I have learned:

Drive with the windows down in the slow parts
when you first get in the car turn the vent on high to defrost (cools of the dash which is a giant heat bank)
When you get on the highway and put the windows up figure out which is cooler recircd or outside some times the air is still cooler outside and so I pull that in until it gets cooled off inside.
Tinting is a necessity not a luxury

Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
I have my Fit tinted the windows the second day I got the car. You can really feel the different degree of sunshine. It is absolutely worth to pay $120 for tinting the windows!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
How about $250? Cause that's what all the shops around me charge.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:00 PM
$250 Isnt Bad All The Shops Here Were Quoting 300 Or More,but Having A Fiancee Who Works At A Stereo Shop Helped Out With The Hook Up!!:d It Helped Out Amazingly!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
thanks a lot guys/gals for your input....i think ill get a sun shade to start cuz i park my car during the day and the sun just shines in....

also, tinting will be in the near future....

and i like the idea of starting out with the vent rather than recirc to start when turning on the a/c...cuz the air outside is def not as hot as inside..

i'll keep you all updated as i try new things...

thanks again!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
if you crack open your back windows just a little bit to take out all the hot air that helps alot!!! we're already at 100+ here in az so that helps out alot, cools the car down way faster

Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
yeah, i'll prob start out with the sun shade and cracking the rear windows...

WHAT ARE SOME PRICES YOU ALL HAVE PAID FOR TINTING? (just so I can get an idea of the cost)

Quick Reply: Weak Air Conditioning...