General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Fit Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Honda Fit Accessories

I got installation of my accessories on my MR Sport - the all weather mats (love them!), cargo cover (really nice), wheel locks (don't have to worry about tires/rims walking away) and the chrome tail pipe finisher. I have to say that I am a little disappointed in the chrome pipe - I assumed that it would stick out more from under the body kit but it is barely visible. I wondered if they put it too far back when they installed it? Has anyone installed one on their Fit? In the picture of the Fit booklet it shows the chrome pipe really obviously protruding from the tiny tail pipe but on my car it is not obvious and just doesn't stick out as much as I thought it would.

Thanks for the Help!!! May need to change out the exhaust to get the look I am wanting.

Cat :X

Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
The tail pipe finisher is probably the most worthless Honda Fit accessory. I installed my own according to the instructions with exactly the same results as yours. For appearance as well as performance you will be better off with an after market exhaust.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
i put mine on it is much better looking than the stock pee shooter but about two weeks later i put on the aspec axel back

Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
What Do You Think Of the Honda Fit Sport Muffler?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
you won't be happy with it

Old 06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
aftermarket muffler ftw.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Cat. I'm looking to get the mats and the cargo cover also. Did you get them from the dealer?

Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
The tail pipe finisher is probably the most worthless Honda Fit accessory. I installed my own according to the instructions with exactly the same results as yours. For appearance as well as performance you will be better off with an after market exhaust.
I agree with manxmann; I bought an identical looking one from O'Reilly's Auto Parts (aproximately $6.00!!) and drilled a couple of holes through it and the exhaust pipe, screwed it into place, and NO ONE can tell that it is not an OEM Hoinda part!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by naszero
Hey Cat. I'm looking to get the mats and the cargo cover also. Did you get them from the dealer?
naszero: I'd advise you to do an internet search. I got the cargo mat (OEM Honda) from a Honda dealer, but it only cost me $55 w/ FREE shipping! Same for the cargo mat @ $99.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Cool. I got a quote for the cargo mat at my dealer for $160

They're trying to find the all-season mats for me. They keep insisting that they only come in clear

Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member

They're trying to find the all-season mats for me. They keep insisting that they only come in clear
Any website (College Hills Honda, for example) will have pictures of the all season mats that are BLACK, not clear. Print out a pix and show it to them...or else order them (maybe cheaper) thru an eBay store.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
I ordered my accessories from Lester Raines Honda and they gave me 15% discount on each item plus did not charge me anything for installation. Definitely all of the items can be installed by yourself if you are handy. The cargo cover is a quick install and the mats do require a little cutting to attach the clips. I have the black mats that have Fit on them - they are really nice and I was pleased with them. I don't know why some of the dealership can't locate items that you can find on the web. College Hill is great and I did order the Fit mat to go in the back over the hatch area. It was very nice and I am happy that I got it. I had purchased one that I could mod out myself but it had a funny plastic smell so decided to just order the mat from them. My dealership tells me that Honda doesn't have a window vent but I found them on College Hill's web site and they are shipped from Ausie :^) down under! The parts guy told me to order them and they will install for me but they have to be Honda made - not a handy person guys! So I find it better to let the professionals do it for me. My dealership also told me Honda doesn't have a locking gas cap but College Hill does.

Hope this helps.

Cat :X

Old 06-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Bargain Hunting?

Suggestion: For USDM parts/accessories compare prices of Majestic Honda and Honda Acura World.

fonedon

Old 06-08-2007, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
how about for canadians we seem to get the short end of the stick.most of the time we are paying double and collegehill and bernardis won't ship to canada any suggestions would help

Old 06-09-2007, 11:49 AM

I just recently got Rubbertite mats made by Lloyd at ajusa.com (I have no connection to them) and are a great custom fit. They have a cargo mat also and I might get that soon. I read about them on here and prefer them over the factory mats.