General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do others say about your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
It is funny even with my Fit 2 Go license plates they still ask - what kind of car is that? If you say Honda Fit - they go what? Fit Honda Fit! What? I've been asked if it was a hybrid twice. The CEO of the hospital where I worked is driving a nice Infiniti - was asking about the car. He said it was really cute! I love when people drive up beside me and do the stare thing! They ride beside you, fade back, ride beside you and then off they go! Of course at a stop light guys are taking off like they want me to race - well could be the Spoon stickers on the Fit just a teaser though! The people I work with say the word Fit 100 times a day - don't have a hissy fit - will that fit? They get a big kick out of the car. My family thinks I am buying way too much stuff for this car! That is the fun part - just having some fun with my Fit - what more could a girl want!

Cat :x

Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Since I have a BOM sport and I am a rather large, tattoed, shaved head,facial hair having kind of guy I get a lot of strange looks from people as I walk up to it or get out of it lol. Especially from all the tiny people that need to drive around in their Hummer's, F-150's, Ram's. etc... Most of the time they can not even see over the steering wheel and are all over the road cause its to much vehicle for them. Yet they have to poke fun at me. I get "what color is that", "that color really grows on you", "how do you fit in there", "what is it", "what kind of gas mileage you getting", and most of the time "it's cute". Taste is purely subjective and what or you may love others can't stand but I absolutely love this car. I have had many and this by far is my favorite and the most fun to drive without a doubt. Great car, great price, great gas mileage, and lots of accessories available to make it your own. Plus the added benefit of this great site and some of the good people on here that go out of their way for fellow Fit drivers.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I just got my new new fit and the funny thing is that everyone seems to say the same thing "look it's the cute car", "is it a hybrid", "mini stationwagon" (which it is), and the one i hate "it looks like a mini-van", but i don't care I LIKE MY FIT!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:12 AM
NMG
Let's see, I've had:

- "Why did your husband buy THAT", after my wife explained to her friend what I bought (small town folks that need an SUV to show their "worth").
- "Awesome colour" and "That's a nice car" from one of my friends at work who is just a car enthusiast at heart. He also said to me "Looks like you made a good choice" when we were talking about the likelyhood of gas going up again.
- "Why did you buy a *** car", from one of my other friends who happens to drive a dime a dozen Civic . . . LOL. Obviously some "compensation" factor at work here.
- "This is FUN" from my stepdad who took it for a spin

I always like talking to the "compensators" who make some dumb comment and then I reply back with "yeah. I got sick of spending all my money on gas so now my second vehicle (basically the same truck they're driving) is parked except for fishing. I also usually add "anyone who drives a half ton as a daily driver has to be insane". That usually shuts them up. If that doesn't, I sometimes say (in the prescence of their girlfriend/wife), "just think of the gifts you could buy for your wife/girlfriend if you weren't spending 1K a month on your truck . . . LOL

Old 08-03-2007, 07:02 AM
yea... the cute comment heh

Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
One of my favorites... I was on I-95 in NYC at about 4 in the afternoon one day going 2mph and a huge semi truck was in the lane next to my friend and I. We had the windows open and the truck driver yelled out to us asking if my Fit had AWD. I told him no and he sounded rather disappointed, hah. I have the Megan Racing axle-back, maybe he thought the Fit was something like the R33 Golf or Evo/STi.

Aside from that I get the "Cute" comments, the "WTF is that" comments and of course the "Wow there's a lot more room on the inside." ones.

My favorite was from my friend Nicole who called my VBP the Blueberry Tart-Cart.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Steeldog

Most of you FitFreaks are not old enough to remember when Mustangs came out, but they were considered a girl's car back then, before people started hot-rodding them.
Mustangs are girl cars...especially the red ones...I see more girls in those then guys.

Really, the only thing I dont see many guys driving really are Beetles...and I almost bought one...so the "girl car" comments dont bother me much.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
I get the cute thing constantly. I live in a area where you MUST drive a truck to be a "man". I take a perverse thrill driving my FIT around and making the overcompensators heads spin.

I often get the "is that one of them hybridie thangs" question....and...."boy that thing looks as small as a pimple!"

I love my fit and they way you can personalize it!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
it seems like one of the most common things people say about our cars is "it's cute."

one time i ran into an old friend and i told him i got a new car and he asked what car, to which i replied "a honda fit." he then asked me "uh, why did you get that?" in a really snobby way (half you guys woulda probably punched him right in the face), so i stopped for a second and thought to myself, "so that's why i haven't talked to this guy in like 6 years" and i never spoke to him again. The End.

Other than that, my friends all say it's a cute car too.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
today my Fit was called a Tamagoshi!
or however you spell those japanese little toys...doesnt surprises me though why she did called it that

funnier was that time when i was in a gas station in a desert-country-like place here in Puerto Rico, this old guy who appeared to not know how to talk went crazy stuttering and making weird noises to let me know it was small and beautiful.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a pretty big guy and my car is still stock, so alot of prople think i'm way to big for it.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
woooohooo...
thats not the way i would grab a cigarette lol

Old 08-03-2007, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
someone around here coined the term for the Fit as "Japanese Suburban" ...

Old 08-04-2007, 12:36 PM
My wife says it's cute. I've had someone else ask if it's electric.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I had one person ask me, "Where do you put the batteries?"

And another, jokingly of course, goes, "Where's the wind up rod so you can start it?"

Old 08-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
I get the mini van from some of my friends, "is that a Hybrid" from a few strangers and I get taunted on how slow it is and how stupid I am for putting expensive parts on the car when it'll never be fast, but that doesn't matter to me cause chicks dig it! I ALWAYS get "You're car is CUTE", which matters the most.
lmfaooooo heyyy dude i get the same girls just love it from guys i get a lot of "ill beat that with my mini van" but 40% tell me thats neat must be good at handling -especially my rsx friends they juss love my car (handling)lol

Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
99% of my coworkers drive big SUV's or lifted trucks. Some of the reactions I get...

- Hey Jim, what does your car want to be when it grows up?

- Hey Jim, nice lunch box you driving there.

- Hey Jim is that your GF's car? Your BMW in the shop?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Let 'em talk!

The next time somebody asks me what I'm drivin', I'll just show 'em my new T-shirt! Comments appreciated.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TomPer
The next time somebody asks me what I'm drivin', I'll just show 'em my new T-shirt! Comments appreciated.

It would be better for the t-shirt to say "It's a Honda, Baby!".

Old 08-09-2007, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
damn good idea on the 550i/Fit! i'd totally do that over an M5!

Quick Reply: What do others say about your Fit?