General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do others say about your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I would like to see a pic of the "Fit" Fit driver...

j/k...

My boy lives up in BK, was just here last week. I'm planning a trip up there in a few months. Haven't been to NY since 2001

Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
I was at the dealer the other day (getting info about the new '09 Jazz) and heard another customer talking about why he did pick up a Honda CRV instead of a Honda Jazz; he told the Jazz was TOO LARGE!!!

But another kewl thing happened the same day: all the salesmens at the dealer was out and had a look at my car one after the other and they all come back in smiling wide. They said it was the kewlest Jazz they have seen.

They even asked for some pictures they could use to show to other potential customers. So I pointed them to my online photo gallery and also mentioned the FitFreak site and forum.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the first time i got a GOOD look at a Fit was during a trip to japan
about 3yrs ago. it did appear to be a pretty big car in japan.

so did the MINI's

Old 08-10-2008, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
WTF are you buying?

It's *** looking.
I hate hatchbacks.
Front wheel drive sucks.
Your going to look like a fag.
What kind of gas mileage? You bastard!

I fully agree it is ugly, and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank!

Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
i heard some people say that my fit is a cute car. my brother said it looks like a mini-van

Old 08-10-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Fellow worker called it a Circus car.

Most don't say to much when they learn I'm averaging over 44mpg in 8,000 miles lol

Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Funny! I love the look of VW Beetles, too. Too bad they aren't as good as they look. If it's a "chick car", nyahh, Plbbbtt. If it was a more reliable car, I'd own one right now. The only opinion that matters is the one of the guy (me) or gal paying the car payments. If I had a Beetle, the first modification I'd make would be to have a big magnetic daisy made for each side. Then I'd buy a pound of weed and head for Woodstock.
Funk 'em. Have a nice day!
I saw a Beetle that had a big wind up key on the back that rotated as it drove along. I thought to myself, that must be a really cool, secure person with a good sense of humor!!
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
A Women stopped me at the store a few months ago, my Fit Sport was about 3 months old, and she asked me how I like it and I told her I loved it. She almost died when I told her a tank of gas is lasting me about two weeks. A few weeks later I saw her again and she was driving a Fit LOL ! We got talking and she loves hers also ! When I drove it to work the next day after picking it up at the dealer (October 23 2007) my boss saw it and called it "cute". Everyone seems to think its a hybrid also, I get a lot of "is it a hybrid?". I had a guy try to race me with it too and I beat him, from speed and of course tactful driving, all I saw him do in the rear view mirror was grimace LOL. I love this little car, and especially the gas lasting two weeks. I went from 70 dollars a week for gas in the Camaro down to about $17.50 a week for gas in the Fit. The Camaro just basically sits now while it is waiting to go in the shop for body work.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by MPGASAP
It's *** looking.
I hate hatchbacks.
Front wheel drive sucks.
Your going to look like a fag.
What kind of gas mileage? You bastard!

I fully agree it is ugly, and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank!
ahh i almost negged you cause i thought you were actually meaning that stuff!
*facepalm*
that would have been bad haha

Old 08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah me too Kyle LOL

Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
i always get "OMG your rims are green" or " y did you paint your wheels green??"

even " mommy look that car has green wheels"

Old 08-18-2008, 09:09 PM
cars had green wheels back in the 70's if they were designer wheels.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I get the 'Is it a Hybrid?' question quite often.
I've gotten several 'Nice car' comments.
One guy stopped and asked about it's mileage.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
I had a guy staring at me at the gas station one day while I was filling up the tank and it was creeping me out...I'm done, get my receipt and he says to me "So what kind of mileage does this thing get?" Goes on to tell me how cool looking they are and how he's read a lot of good things about them.
Most people have had great reactions to my car...my dad jokes that I could put the entire car in the bed of his truck...

The most common thing that people I know ask me is "how do you feel going from an Audi A6 to this" and I just tell them that this car is simple and has what I need and want...and that there are no electrical problems haha.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I live in Howell, Michigan. Most of the people don't care but there are a few who say "Buy American". I tell them at least I'm getting 2-3 times better gas mileage than your truck. Overall though most people don't really care.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I work for a heart doctor at a local hospital and Wednesday I was heading to my car and rode up on the elevator with a doctor. Did not know his name but could tell he was a doc. We were making small talk and both going the same direction. I hit the unlock button on my remote and he said, " Is this your car?" I laughed and said yes and he said he looks at that car everytime he walks past it. He said that thing has got to be so much fun to drive. I said yes it was especially if you enjoy riding in a go kart. He said, "Man, I knew it would be fun to drive." He wanted to see the inside and said he could not believe how much bigger it was on the inside than it looked. He could not beleive the MPG and how much the sticker was for the car. He is driving a Mercedes and said he was really looking for something to use as a daily driver that would get better gas milage.He said that he had owned two Honda Accords and loved those cars but got the Mercedes because of the children and wanting a safe vehicle. The lady who owns the Jetta that always parks beside me came up to get into her car. She knew the doctor and said ,"Isn't that the prettest little car?" She said she had talked her Mom into buying one and she had gotten a Lunar Mist and just loved it.

Stuff like this just makes me smile!

Cat

Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 PM
The Fit is a Big car in Japan ? WOW

Old 08-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Fa1
-How much horsepower?
-LOL

Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
What kind of reaction does your car usually get from strangers, coworkers, and non-car-aficionado friends?
"Whoa! That is really BLUE!"

That's the reaction I get most often.

The second most common reaction is when somebody gets inside and finds out that the car is much bigger on the inside, like it's defying the laws of time and space. Tall people discover that there is enough head and leg room. People are surprised to be sitting so high when the car seems so low. It looks like such a tiny, cramped little thing from the outside. It catches people by surprise.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
OH THE HEAD ROOM IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT !!!! (I'm 6 ft 3in and my friends areall tall also and have no trouble in the front or back seats)

Quick Reply: What do others say about your Fit?