General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Pics of mtn bike(s) in your Fit? Help me make my decision!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Pics of mtn bike(s) in your Fit? Help me make my decision!

I think the Fit may be the car for me (to replace my RSX), but the deciding factor will be how easily a mountain bike will "fit". I have searched through a bunch of old threads...a few had pics of mountain bikes in the back but I haven't found enough to convince me that it's going to fit the bill.

I would like to be able to transport our two mountain bikes standing up in utility mode - either with one or both rear seats flipped down. I don't think mine will fit with the front wheel attached, as it measures 70" from tip to tip, which is fine. My wifes is probably shorter but still easy enough to take the front wheel off.

I want to see more pics of how you are fitting your bike inside the Fit. Please post up if you have some - thanks!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 PM
mine and my girlfriends both fit in the fit laying down with the passenger rear seat still useable. For my bike (trek 800 sport) I have to take the front wheel off and it barely fits. My girlfriends bike fits just fine with the front wheel still on. I guess my bike is more road stle than true offroad. BTW my bike is no suspension, and my G/F has a walmart front suspension.
I have just bought a carrier from walmart will have to see how that works out.
Andrew

Old 11-25-2007, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
I bought the Jazz just because it has big room in the back and great hight too. The bike I had last year did fit inside the car without taking off the front wheel. But unfortunately my bike was stolen just a few weeks before my summer hollydays this year, and I had to buy a new one. The new Trek bike is just 1-2cm too high to fit inside without taking off the front wheel
The roof is high enoug, but to get it inside you have to tilt the bike to one side and when I tried to rise it the handlebar stuck in the roof.
I did not try to lock the front shock on the bike in lower position befor loading it into the car.

When I was testdriving cars back in october 2006 before I desided to buy a Jazz, I testet many cars and always tried to fit the bike inside on all cars. There was just a few cars I could get it in without puting down ALL rear seats and that was the Jazz and the Toyota Yaris Verso. The Yaris Verso is now out of production...

Here is a picture from the trip this summer: just the right rear seat folded down and still got room for my rucksack and tent and stuff in the rear.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Now that looks a little more promising! Was the passenger front seat all the way forward in that pic, or was it in a more reasonable position?

Old 11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Here is a picture I took on one of my leisure bike trips. I still had one seat available in the back.