General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey im liking my Fusions. it's only got like 25miles still
but it was gripping pretty damn well this am in the
rain. considering they have "Uni-T" design, this
is a Bridgestone brand, not sumitomo as i originally
thought.... lol

no wonder i like them so much. RE050A PP's and
S03's have been my favorite tires for a while. their
Uni-T design is pretty impressive stuff in the rain.
plus, made in japan quality.

TheFuzionZone.Com

Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
gotta luv this sign!! hahaha

Old 06-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Kawaii desu ne, oh aa... looks good, dai suki desu.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
ok, not sure wat's so cute but ok! hahaha.

so, took my Rota's over to the storage tonight. damn that was A LOT of rain. sheeeesh... and the wind was like frikken 60mph.

but my garage is now clear again.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
did some touch ups on my 09. man there's a lot of chips on the hood vs my 08. WTH...told the wife to keep more distance from the car infront of her.

washed the FitSW this am after motoring my G. was a good drive. it's hot out there today... was like 85-85F with high humidity UV's pretty strong too. had to take a shower myself after washing the FitSW. no detailing today, but i put a good layer of Prima Hydro on the car so it'll be good for another month.

ordered up another gallon of SpeedShine from Griots along with their new pop-up bucket, new car duster set (uses coconut oil, not paffarin wax), some cool flashlight they started selling, etc. should be a fun week next week.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:28 PM
So, any hints on the Father's day surprise? Like maybe a 370Z or that Beamer you been eyein.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
nono, as i mentioned earlier in the post, my kids are getting me that dbx EQ for my synth. it's been sitting in the hallway and cant wait to get it into my rack. the sliders on the unit is super smooth. very high quality.

so, wat are you planning to get, tanuki?

the 370Z or Z will come out of my pockets...if i decide to go that route.
need both cars to get the bugs worked out first... i might decide to go with a s2k CR that's been sitting at my local honda's lot the last yr. lol it's a 08 model still new. i think they have a black and blue. honestly though, i want a white one so not sure.
if i do decide, ill probably take the black. no sure yet though. i dont have any more garage space so ill need to sell the MINI. MINI's are like pets. lol

Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Cool, so you did get the EQ.

As for me I just want to be King for a day!!! I'd be happy with that. Oh maybe some sake to go with it.

Haha, I'd go for the Z the s2k feels like it has turbo lag.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Kingness sounds good!

Yah, vtec can be an issue for me too. We only got straight roads here so it could become kinda irritating if I want to quickly accelerate from say a roll.

Especially after driving my G (lots of torque down low, aggressive gearing). G accelerates effortlessly. This is why its my weekend touring car.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:40 AM
I got a Razo RA 122 shift knob and a couple of shirts last night from a local shop in the mall last night for FD.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
That's awesome, tanuki. . Razo knobs are nicely made. I use to have a CF/Brushed Aluminum knob on my previous cars. Very fashionable and felt great.

Just got done with dinner. Did teppanyaki at home with my special sauce. Wife bought this meat called "Kobe-style" beef. Not sure what this "style" is though...must not the real thing. Hahaha. kinda like "Mugen-Style."

But tasted gooooood.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
so my Fusions are breaking in pretty well. finally got a chance to push it a little bit on the corners. with the soft endura-tech setting the tires grip like frikken high end MF towel grabbing
lint in the dryer. (wth kinda discription is that? hahaha! )

but true. grips so well it reminded me of my RC car flipping
over racing on carpet. jk

Old 06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
That's awesome, tanuki. . Razo knobs are nicely made. I use to have a CF/Brushed Aluminum knob on my previous cars. Very fashionable and felt great.

Just got done with dinner. Did teppanyaki at home with my special sauce. Wife bought this meat called "Kobe-style" beef. Not sure what this "style" is though...must not the real thing. Hahaha. kinda like "Mugen-Style."

But tasted gooooood.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.
The RA122 feel really good it's fricken heavy and moves the shift position down and foreword but, it's kinda ugly. Oh well, I always say pick performance over looks.

Teppanyaki, mmm my favorite did you wear the tall hat and throw your knife and fork in the air. Kobe-style beef, maybe they gave the cow beer for their last meal.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
LOL at the last beer meal! hahaha. no throwing knives and forks, but i make this special sauce which is killer.

i like weighted knobs. i have this TWM TYPE-R knob on my G.
actually they are using my pict at their site. the very bottom
satin color is my G35C.

Type R Shift Knobs - TWM Performance Weighted Shift Knobs

Old 06-22-2009, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
here's a shot of my G's interior.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the pics looks nice. I was tempted to order one from that site. I think I'll settle for my ugly ball because it feels nice and it was my first Fathers day gift. haha

Can I get the recipe for that sauce we love to eat yakiniku and shabu shabu once in a while. I always do the ponzu with a little tobasco thing.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
yah, TWM has great service too. i use some generic TypeR knob on my FitS. my buddy's shop had them and it's also weighted. kinda looks like the factory TypeR knob, but in a more satin color to match the trim.

i make the sauce from scratch so it wont taste the same, but here's wat i mix:

daikon-oroshi, goma-dare, ponzu, and if you want, oroshi-garlic.
go easy on the garlic if you got a working day the next day. hahahaha. the goma-dare is where the taste really separates from person to person. my pops uses a similar recipe but his tastes very different from my sauce.

here's a pict of my FitS's interior.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM
The sauce sounds like a winner mmm my mouth is watering. What is oroshi? Is it that finely grated daikon etc. Oh yeah, we do that too!! Man, I just ate lunch and I'm getting hungry.

What I wanted to achive with the shift knob is lowest possible position (to shorten the throw) with it being slightly forward I have short legs long arms so I'm to close to the shifter. I wish someone would make a two piece shifter with various arms like the Steeda I had for my mustang. Any way, it's like you said why spend a lot on an economy car. haha BTW this is my 4th shift knob so much for saving money.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
yah, oroshi is graded. on your grader there should be a section where it has those tiny grading bumps. use that for your garlic.

lol 4th shifter. that's like over $200 easily. hahahaha with the TWM you can set your own height. on my G i have it set about 1" taller than stock. with the weight of the knob it feels great going into the gates. but i know wat you mean though...shift knobs are trial and error piece.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
not much action going on here today on my FitS. just happy with the wheel and tire package i got last week. looks great in person and rides good too.

looking forward to my drive home.

need to pull out the Dyson again to do the 2nd floor. (did 1st floor last night).
then going to hook up the new EQ in my rack and run a couple of tests.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?