General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey, we have the same color!

those are 16's? which size did you get on your LE's again?

Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
My Grams are 16x7 +45 the LEs are 15x7 +43 5 plus #s lighter.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
cool. i thought you said earlier that polished lips (such as LE) are
too small in 15's? did that just slip?

5+lbs will definitely be detectable on the braking department.
my TR wheels are 12.8lbs or something but not enough from
the DR/Slips to notice much. might be that the tires are
heavier and gross weights are too similar...

i just noticed TR has the same wheels i got but now in
16x7's as well... i'd definitely recommend either one.
im very happy with my 15x7's.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
so, in a few hours i will be on my way to my 4day weekend.
over the weekend i plan to (or atleast make some effort to) do these car related things:

1) fix the DR21's and paint them.
2) clean my garage. (dust bunnies, some leaves)
3) wash both Fit's and Hydro them. (weather permitting)
4) motor my G and SpeedShine/SprayOn Wax afterwards. (weather permitting).

Old 07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
btw, i read on edmunds that the 2010 TSX will be also offered with a V6. that's actually quite tempting.

TSX's are decent cars but always felt kinda sluggish when pushed... with the V6 and perhaps even SH-AWD, that will definitely change everything.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
cool. i thought you said earlier that polished lips (such as LE) are
too small in 15's? did that just slip?

5+lbs will definitely be detectable on the braking department.
my TR wheels are 12.8lbs or something but not enough from
the DR/Slips to notice much. might be that the tires are
heavier and gross weights are too similar...

i just noticed TR has the same wheels i got but now in
16x7's as well... i'd definitely recommend either one.
im very happy with my 15x7's.
Haha, caught me I feel 15s being small shouldn't have emphasis on the lip making it look even smaller. In this case since the color kinda looks like natural aluminum it doesn't pull the eyes so much to the lip. haha and these rims are a third cheaper than the bronze one I wanted too.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 PM
btw, i read on edmunds that the 2010 TSX will be also offered with a V6. that's actually quite tempting.

TSX's are decent cars but always felt kinda sluggish when pushed... with the V6 and perhaps even SH-AWD, that will definitely change everything.
Nah, the G37s will kick the TSXs okole (oshiri).

Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 PM

Here's another pic notice how dark the center looks. If it's like this the polished lip is going to make the rim look small. IDK maybe the red in the center may pull your eyes in though.

So what does the ad say I only can read hiragana. and even at that only pick out a few words.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tanukifit
Haha, caught me I feel 15s being small shouldn't have emphasis on the lip making it look even smaller. In this case since the color kinda looks like natural aluminum it doesn't pull the eyes so much to the lip. haha and these rims are a third cheaper than the bronze one I wanted too.
Hahahaha. . But I see what you mean, the contrast isnt as big. I getcha. . My SSR's on the G have such slightly-darker spoke look. It's quite elegant/lux look.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Nah, the G37s will kick the TSXs okole (oshiri).

True that. The G37 sedans with a small front lip, lowered with 20" look real nice too.

I just like the size of the new TSX. Not cramped like before, yet not too big. More inline with the previous gen USDM Accords.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Spent the morning putting in the Blox 24mm front sway bar. I like it. I whipped the wheel at 25 mph almost hit the corner of the on ramp to the freeway. I thought it would understeer just a little but.....

I got some testing at autox this week.

One note though on bumpy roads sometimes the sway bar knocks the driver side lower control arm (it's super close)

Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
Spent the morning putting in the Blox 24mm front sway bar. I like it. I whipped the wheel at 25 mph almost hit the corner of the on ramp to the freeway. I thought it would understeer just a little but.....

I got some testing at autox this week.

One note though on bumpy roads sometimes the sway bar knocks the driver side lower control arm (it's super close)
Woooo~ sounds like a sweet setup! . Yah you'd think a front sway would make it understeer, but its only after it's past the neutral bias considering weight transfer so you should be fine.

You might want to get adjustable endlinks. ET's come with dedicated endlinks. Just peek under the car while the sus is loaded (car on the ground) and see how the endlink ends are sitting. Ideally you want the ends to be parallel to the ground and perpendicular to the bar. Just get it as close as possible. Does not need to be perfect (from my experience).

Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Woooo~ sounds like a sweet setup! . Yah you'd think a front sway would make it understeer, but its only after it's past the neutral bias considering weight transfer so you should be fine.

You might want to get adjustable endlinks. ET's come with dedicated endlinks. Just peek under the car while the sus is loaded (car on the ground) and see how the endlink ends are sitting. Ideally you want the ends to be parallel to the ground and perpendicular to the bar. Just get it as close as possible. Does not need to be perfect (from my experience).
Thanks, I think it's like you said because my front spring rate is so soft it bottoms out then starts to slide. Now it feels level and with my new .05 toe out in front it just bite in and turns.

No one makes adjustable end links. I know some of the COs have them but not for sale I think I should try my luck at getting a set of used end links and cut it and make one.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
I think most Japanese manufactures use THK for endlinks and its joints so they *might* be the same diameter for the bolts.

Id say measure the joint bolt hole diameter and ask around. It doesn't need to be specifically for the Fit as long as the lengths are adjustable you can get it to the right length.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
Went out for Indian food last night in my FitS. Was a nice smooth ride.

Food was awesome, and as usual I ate too much. Hahaha . Now I got terrible heartburn. Woke up at 3am, decided to have some ohta-isan, wash some left over dishes... Helped a little. So had some pepsi and listening to music. Helped some more. I might do another dosage of ohta-isan. lol...

Lessen learned each time but conveniently forget when I eat great food...

Old 07-26-2009, 04:18 AM
Fatty foods with tomato sauce always gets me. Prilosec works good for me. I used to take these tiny red balls called Akadama long ago. Gma's remedy. Amazing I remember the name. haha Hope you're feeling better.

Latas,

Tomukun

Old 07-26-2009, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
I think today I'm going to work on the wheels (taking a break from music).

Went motoring on Sat in my G which was awesome. did a quick dusting and Griot's SprayOn Wax. guess I could go motoring again today in the G... Not sure, been driving too much since Friday so want to do something else even if it's car related.

I did manage to clean the garage. wiped down/dusted all the cabinets, broomed the floors. Looks great again. I might vac the nooks later on.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Ho dude, go back to sleep it's 10 pm here, must be like 3 in the morning there.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
Fatty foods with tomato sauce always gets me. Prilosec works good for me. I used to take these tiny red balls called Akadama long ago. Gma's remedy. Amazing I remember the name. haha Hope you're feeling better.

Latas,

Tomukun
Thanks, tanuki. Yah, I took some Tums right after I ate in anticipation for a heartburn but didn't do much. Lolz

Akadama, huh? I should check that out.
Yah, I think I'm at a point I can get back to sleep for a few more hrs. Getting up at 6am hopefully... I usually get up at 5:33am...

Old 07-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I got to meet Raton at McDs at 6 so I got to get up around 5. Cars loaded not that enthusiastic on making to much changes tomorrow my body aches from doing that F sway bar.

Oh by the way I got to write up what I found when changing the sway bar. The bolt that holds the subframe the one you have to go through the hole in the lower control arm was severely corroded. I think that area sees a lot of water. Any way I think every one should change it out with a stainless 10.9 bolt.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?