General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
lots of not so fun stuff im ordering this week... on top of the maintenance stuff i already ordered, also placed orders for SpeedShine and other cleaners from Griot's.

im running low and i dont want it to get frozen while in transit, so ordering it before we go into sub-freezing temps. ive read too many times people unknowingly ordered stuff online, had UPS deliver to their porch, they get home and find everything's frozen. hahahahaha. and a lot of stuff change properties or separate once frozen making them useless even if you de-frost afterwards.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Wasnt feeling good today so decided to take the day off. Needed some rest.

Looks like my filters and misc items shipped. I need to replace the rear wipers on both Fits so just in time. its nice out today. I think you can even call it indian summer... i noticed a lot of parking lots now marked for the snow plows. They put stakes at the curb to mark where the street or drive ends. Winter will be here in no time.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
gotz my stuff today. i think my milwaukee battery even arrived. hope to get them charged up tonight. i think i might move the charger into my utility room since it's getting pretty cold in the garage these days.

not too much else going on today as far as car things.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Tried out my new battery packs on my milwaukee driver. Frikken awesome !  tons of power. Was missing out on quite a bit. not bad for 45 a pop!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
so weatherchannel is forecasting snow next weekend so will start brining up the snows from the basement tonight.

going to swap them out tomorrow am probably while the roads are still wet. then pull out my G for its last season drive in the pm when the roads are dry, fill her up, do a full QD wipe down, place her on FlatStoppers, pump up tires to 42psi.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Finally got around to making my tire dolly.

Used a square piece of plywood since i could not find the circles in the size i needed.
had a hell of a time finding the damned casters at the local homedepot cause they moved it to another location. The first guy i asked didnt know wat casters were. Lol the second guy gave me the wrong aisle number so i went back and forth wasting about 15min for something that should ve taken me 3min. Ne way, sawed off the corners to make it an octagon.

These are both Bridgestone ws60's. The steelies are 195/55/15 for my GD, the other one is 175/65/15 for my GE. Going to put them on later today.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Swapped out the GE's wheels to snows but going to do the GD's next weekend. Weatherchannel changed its mind and now calls out rain.   not the biggest fan of steelies so want to wait until snows are really needed.

Washed the GE's wheels front and back using car shampoo and boar's hair brush. Blasted the water off with my shopvac in blower mode. cleaned the lugs as well with some quick detailer spray.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Took the z out for a spin. Was sloppy with my engagement from being kinda tired but it was a good drive overall. . Filled her up and did a nice wipe down using griots speedshine.

Depending on weather today might be the last drive of the season. Still only a hair over 4k miles after one yr. Hahaha .

Going to take it easy this pm. Probably spend some time in my music room as well.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
saw a lot of snow trucks (plows) getting ready to snap on their shovels this am. not that it's snowing or anything but the temps are really dipping down and any percipitation can turn to snow.

also saw a lot of garbage trucks. well, not the real garbage trucks but old shitty trucks and vans slowing down traffic... the amount of hassle these people are to the general public and the amount of tolerance and generosity we have is amazing! it's like xmas every frikken morning. they should have something like a seating system for planes.

'ok all winners of every class travel to work'. 'sitdown losers and incompentent people! wait your turn, garbage!" hahaha.

hope the weather holds up for at least one more sunny weekend day so that i can motor my G and fill her up before hibernation.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
got a call from the wife saying the gas cap light is on yet again on the GE... those Stant locking gas caps just suck in our area where temps can go up and down 15-20F in a matter of hours this time of year. seems like the pressure inside the tank is beyond stant's operating tolerance and leaks. going to put the factory cap on. the factory locking cap (which doesn't fit the GE) works no problem on my GD.

... well, sort of... wat REALLY sucks is in the winter time the locking gas caps freezes and each time i have to use those key unlock lubes. really humbles me to use it... i feel like some lonesome soul that needs foodstamps and hunts blue light specials at Kmart... absolutely does not fit my profile. hahaha.

anyway, going to re-torque the GE's lugs again tonight (re-torqued last night since it's running snows now) to 80lbs.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
I have to use key unlock lubes >_<

Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
yah, it's a shame using those things but a necessity in the winter time on those locking caps. ive gotten so use to the RF keyfob and starter button im tired of pulling out my key from my pocket just to start the car even. technology makes us lazy.

looks like it's going to be a nice weekend...weatherchannel definitely changed its mind for the better. hahaha. so im planning on pullling out both my G and Z.

was telling the wife last night while we were cooking dinner i filled up the z's tank the other weekend thinking it was the last drive of the season. and she's like just go drive it some more and just fill her up again. i suppose yah... that's my plan.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
people notice me when i get to the office in the morning cause i do a 5K rpm heel&toe downshirt before going into the parking lot.

why do i do this? im driving to work and as soon as i see the office and company sign im in game-mode.. serious about winning. which means im going to toss around some jabs before entering the ring.

so far sat loooks like a motoring day... not sure about sun. might rain. it's okay though cause it will make it easier for me to decide if i want to pull out the z or not. got plenty of other things to do at the moment...!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
so this pm visited a customer and on the way back to the office ive noticed several 2 door nice looking coupes with snow tires on them. which is fine... well, i suppose for function, but they look terrible. the reason is they use the narrowest tire which is ideally correct functionally cause it will bite into snow/ice better, but just looks too stupid on a RWD car. hahaha.

they should just get a FWD beater for winter and hibernate their RWD fun cars. having a AWD porsche + wide tread snow tires having fun in the snow is one thing, but driving a RWD sports car in the winter with snow tires just looks FAIL.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
so motoring my FitS to work this am, i saw a E46 M3 (one of my fav's) looked pretty stock. im not sure if the driver intentionally did this or it was the way the E46's were but man, the rear tires had almost zero camber. looked werd, or in this day and age, looked like i had positive camber. hahahaha.

my nissans (G and Z) both have quite a bit of pre-programmed neg camber especially on the rear from its geometric design so the E46's rear view looked pretty werd to me. almost reminded me of old vettes or something. the newer bimmers run quite a bit of rear camber.

also taking it easy on the engine on my Fit in the colder mornings (30F) since im no longer running synthetic (currently on some cheapo castro dino oil). car felt smoother with synthetic but maybe it's just the ecu playing tricks on me.

weatherchannel changed its mind again and now sunday is also sunny so i suppose i will motor my Z this weekend. man this is confusing.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
great to hear GM is back on track again as a public company. they have some pretty promising products so looking forward to their quick and strong recovery. good to hear UAW's working with them with wat appears to be a more realistic benefit package than before. only time will tell if it's still competitive with the rest of the world. have to remember labor is expensive in the US. needs very strong products to compensate the difference.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Motored the G this am was a good drive. Had to cut it short due to kid's concert today at his private school. Saw a 135i driving infront of me thought it was a hyundai. Lol.

Have to say more and more korean cars are looking away better than euro's lower end cars...

Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
So weatherchannel screwed me yet again and it was drizzly so did not get to pull out my Z. Oh wells.

But I did get to put my WS60 snows on my FitS so that was cool. Washed up my summer wheels and now drying in my garage. Test drove the 195/55/15 snows and they felt sloppy vs my summer fusion tires by bridgestone. Size for the fusion is 195/50/15 and considerably firmer and much more responsive.

Anyway the mushy ride is how most sedans and minivans feel to me so I guess this is the standard for normal folks. It's okay for now. Will retorque the lugs again tomorrow after work.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
was pouring this am while motoring to work. the snow tires (while brand new) gripped pretty darn well considering there's still some release oil on it from the mold.

treaded water nicely. although it is a pretty mushy ride... yah, i already mentioned it but it needs to be mentioned again cause i just appreciate summer tires more. hahaha. HUGEGANGEOUS difference in steering response.

so it looks like it might really snow on Wed. im ready to try these out! hahaha.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Ok so I saw some idiot loose wat looked like its snow tires from inadequate knowledge while driving down a rainy road. Wtf guy could've caused a major accident. he most likely did not retorque his lugs after swapping wheels. Remember folks, you need to go back and retorque at least once after wheels are taken off the car if u used the specified torque of 80lbs. I had to retorque 3x to get the snug feel off my snapon torque wrench. Drive 10 miles or so and check torque. If you don't want to do this you can use 90lbs+ like some dumbarse tire shops but not recommeneded. You can potentially weaken the structural strength of the studs. But atleast you wont loose a wheel while driving. Lol

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?