General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Had to take some tools to the inlaws place so opened up the garage for the first time since 12/1.
was great to see my spotless cars inside. ..super contrast vs my salt caked fits.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Drove the GE today. Not really enjoyable with AT but with dress shoes worked out better for me. Had to go to a formal attire party today with the wife.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
snow day today.... no issue. an RL and Outback was kinda getting it on from a redlight so i tried to follow them. they were about 2 car lengths before i could keep up. not too bad considering they have awd and mine just snow tires.

then i saw a G35C with snow tires.... wow, not only did it look like crap, it drove like shit too... stupid slow acceleration and some sliding. get a FWD/AWD dd...

Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
very glad the icey rain last night didn't freeze overnight. ive had instances where there was like an inch of ice covering the entire car and it's a PITA to scrape it all off. broken so many scrapers that way. hahaha. guess the tip of the day is to stand your wipers after driving when you're expecting more snow or ice. this will prevent the blades from freezing onto the winshield making it easier to scrape next time around AND will prolong the life of the blades as it wont get yanked off the stucked ice.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
not much going on today. i walked out the door this am and my sidewalk was caked in snow/ice layer. it wasn't really slippery cause of my shoe prints from last night.... could've been much worse with black ice.

so this week is like the mid-point of my hobby car's hibernation. i expect to be motoring my G and Z in 6 wks. (march). need to give my Fit's a SUPER deep wash come spring. they are literally salt boxes.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Wooot got -10F wit windchill -30F coming tomorrow. Hope my battery dies overnight. . Hahhahah

Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
no excitement. car started like nothing happened. hahahahahha. oh well, the price you pay for buying a Fit. no excitement.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Was a busy day back and forth in my fit today. It did very well. Filled gas at the end for more action maybe tomorrow. Super workhorse Fit.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Taking it easy today. No car action. Honestly kinda tried from last week and yesterday. Going to spend most of my time in my music room.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
sameo sameo again. no excitement.

will be turning my G and Z's tires again this weekend. it's been already a month! so fast...spring will be here in no time.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
man my FitS's are SUPER DIRTY. wow, i dont even want to touch the rear gate now. hahahaha. need a 30F+ day to just blast some of the crap off of it at home.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
hey, more excitement for toyatah owners. more huge worldwide recalls on the way for fuel leaks affects lexus as well. 1.7M cars. man, toyotah's been a pretty exciting car to have these days... all in the wrong way though...

so i was checking out edmunds yesterday and found that subaru's actually continuing the hatch STI's for 2011. i thought they discontinued it. it's a $2K premium over the sedans though. LOL wtf. build-on-your-own showed $36K.... so i guess i can get it for less than $32K.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
not much going on today... just waiting for spring. lol

think im going to get a set of weds for my Z. they have perfect sizes and offsets for my car. just a tad more aggressive than stock (like the nismo wheels). i dont plan on lowering this car so i dont want to get the aggressive offsets and make my car look lifted. lol

Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
woo.. tirerack looks like they're going to stock the exact wheels i want by march.

no car action planned this weekend other than turning my G and Z's wheels 1/3 of a turn. if temps reach 35F (no chance ) id like to wash my Fit's... i think they are health hazards now. lol...

going to check out some new digital piano's over the weekend. i already have 3 nice onces but it's like a guitarist having his gibson, fender, ibanez, takamine, i love to have different flavored piano's.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Took my FitS to run errands this am. Was too wet to wash the car... temps were perfect though at 32F....wit snow melting everywhere my car would've just kicked up the crap and look dirty again so skipped the wash.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
looks like a pretty good snow storm's coming our way. prefect timing too cause i didnt wash my cars over the weekend. i didnt even step outside yesterday.

also great news cause i was about to pull trigger on this new keyboard (digital piano) i kinda wanted but now with this storm coming i dont feel like lugging it in snow/ice. ive done that in the past with my 80lbs keyboard workstation and it was NOT fun. hahaha. fit the Fit perfectly though... well, kinda. hope to think it over a few more days with my wallet in mind.

its either that or wheels for my Z.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Filled up my Fits and ready to take on this snow storm.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
didnt do any car related yesterday due to the snow...but i did shovel around my car so that i could get out. this am, my commute took almost 3x usual.

sucks that people's car breaks down or gets stuck and holds up traffic for miles.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
frikken crazy congestion due to roads still not fully snow plowed. yesterday my 25min commute took 1.5hrs, this am, i left the house 30min early yet still 30min late coming in.

anyway, i had a lot of time to look around while in bumper to bumper... i saw this kia civic-looking-coupe which had so many werd decroative lines from the factory on the side that even if it was dented it would look 'ok.' lol

another funny i saw was some maz3 MT driver that kept shifting in and out of gear clutching unnecessarily A LOT while creeping in traffic. while he shifted like 5-6 times all i did was stick to 1st gear and worked my clutch, no throttle, no braking. people need to learn how to drive MT in congestion before complaining MT's suck in bumper to bumper traffic. i honestly think MT's are less effort to drive than AT in such traffic because im working just the clutch pedal and shifter...sometimes i use the e-brake to adjust speed. and the clutch works with you, not against you like having to have to continusouly press the brake pedal on AT cars.

another crackup was this RWD SUV getting stuck in a patch of snow while my fit with snow tires just drove through it like nothing happened. hahahaha.

no car action planned this weekend, but i do plan on running quite a bit of errands tomorrow in my GD. more snow expected on sunday... should be fun.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
last night i went out for some indian food in my GD. kinda snowing so was fun to drive. car did very well and was actually pretty enjoyable. ate too much as planned... woah... luv their food but it's so addictive i always eat too much and suffer the consequence. hahahaha.

still haven't washed the Fit's since thanksgiving. lol will do a deeeep cleaning in about 4wks. by then i expect temps to be above 30F.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?