General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
no time to fix the GE's bumper. after i posted on sat my wife hurt her back pretty badly and so ive been helping her and looking after the kids. she's been getting progressively better.

since i had access to my GE (AT) the last few days ive been taking that to run all the errands for the family. on surface streets it's not too bad just as long as speed is under 45mph and im taking my dandy time. any driving over 50mph on this car is like you have no acceleration control. not enough power to accelerate when the engine does spool up (just makes noise and wastes gas) and the auto shift-map is imho pretty terrible.

wat also annoys me is the auto door unlock feature when i turn off the car. it doesn't unlock the other doors or the trunk. i know it's for security but when it's a family beater in basically the safest areas in my community it gets old quick. how about it not unlock any of the doors when i park so that i dont have to unlock twice.

i do like the auto-up window on the driver's side (which my GD did not have) and i also like the auto rear wiper activation when i back up. otherwise i would trade off 10mpg for another 100hp. this car is too damn weak for my driving.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
woot, finally got shipping schedule confirmation for the Mine's CF spoiler for my 370Z.

ended up taking my G to work today. i already had enough of the GE the last few days. if any of you guys are "carguys" like me, definitely get the MT. the AT just sucksarse. my wife can't drive MT so that is the only reason why i bought the AT a few years ago but man, you are not getting any level of enjoyment you would vs a MT Fit. maybe 20% or less.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
took the G again this am although i knew i was going to risk getting dinged at my kid's summer camp parking lot while soccer moms and dads were busy dropping off and signing in their kids. yikes... i made sure to park slightly on the left side of the parking spot as the biggest risk is getting dinged on the right side of the car.

if you think about it, most parents drive minivans and suv's and it's only mom or dad dropping kids off, not both. which means they wont open the passenge side doors. if they drive a minivan, even better cause it's a sliding rear door.

my G didn't get dinged but since it's much wider and larger overall than the Fits i know she's more prone to getting dinged in general. knowing that i have PDR tools and professional PDR training it's some level of insurance, but rather no dings as some damages are not fixable via PDR.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
picked up a new DSRL for newbs today. wont have time to play with it until the weekend, but it's cool. Nikon D3100 along with some filters and circular polarizer.

hope to take more snaps of my cars including my GE to put in the albums page soon.

going to take the GE to the supermarket later on tonight...

Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
yummy...

Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Pics of Mine's Spoiler with the D3100!?

Is your Z34 lowered at all?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Pics of Mine's Spoiler with the D3100!?

Is your Z34 lowered at all?
Coming up over the weekend if I have time.

Nope my Z is stock height. I don't plan on lowering either. No need.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Updating picts sooon!

Last edited by kenchan; 07-21-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. That's gorgeous.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. That's gorgeous.
thanks! im pretty much done for now. i might do some Forgestars later on 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 (custom offsets) but not for a few yrs. im real happy with how the Weds turned out with my car's theme.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Crap, I read my earlier post and realized I haven't fixed he GE's front bumper. Lol

Will work on that sometime this week......

Old 07-17-2011, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
You should enter that beauty in Wekfest!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
WekFest? not sure wat that is but no time for me. i can drop by for some snaps of other cars but that's about it.

i got tooooooooooooo many home products going on right now. i wish the temps and humidity would come down a little cause i got 3 large areas i want to paint but it's just to friggin hot right now to keep the windows open... so been working on the basement projects.

this am took the GE again to drop off the kids at summer camp and my wife at her client's place.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
hey that Wekfest is in socal.. lol wont be doing any traveling anytime soon. spent a nice chunk of change already this summer going to japan with the kids and wife. had a great time. might do LA next year, but not sure. might save that $ to got to japan again lol traveling by myself is pretty cheap but when you introduce family it can get pretty pricey quickly.

no GE action today. after driving it in congestion yesterday my foot was pretty tired. AT sucks in bumper to bumper as the car is constantly working against you...and the fact that the pedals are so close i feel like im riding my kids' bike.

looking forward to my drive home in my G. got plenty of chores to do tonight....
tomorrow i might take the GE again as i need to drop off the kids at summer camp again. i dont trust their parking lot with busy soccer moms and dads in suv's and minivans. it's like a free invitation to get dings.

btw, the site hosting my picts is doing maintenance so that's why there's red 'x's on previous posts. they should be back online sometime this week.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
no GE action today, took the G instead. i need to tame down that bouncy GE ride... it's kinda annoying...reminds me of the earlier gen civic's. not sure about you guys cause some of you are quite young, but the ride quality tires me out after a long day at the office.

really hot today... hope i dont burn my arse when getting in my G after work (black leather seats). lol

got new filters for my camera, hoping to try them out over the weekend. basically understood how to use the DSLR in manual mode so now i need to trial and error with different settings to get the exposure how i want it. which leads me to my next topic... computers.

might hop on over to the apple store to check out the latest air, or watever it's called. i want something small with keypads (no touchpanels for me other than my droidx) with SD reader to check out my DSLR shots. i need the high resolution vivid screen and will be running simple editors on the go. my idea is to take snaps over the weekends, edit and upload during lunch hours during the week. ofcourse having a large screen would be nice, but i found that large screens that have the resolution i want is $$$ and so rather have a smaller screen with good quality and be able to upload stuff right off of it.

im also looking for a small computer to replace my old iMac in my music room so it might work for me. might do the macbook pro, not sure yet. my budget isn't that big for this so not too many choices.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
looks like a go for me on the macbook air + photoshop lightroom3. now just shopping around for good prices.

should be plenty of power for now. as far as memory im going to get the smaller 128GB drive and cloud the files on picasa or flikr something. i dont need a whole lot of power for now on the hardware itself... only enough to edit and store only the best of the best.

i wonder where my GE stands as far as oil life... i checked the oil level over the weekend but i keep forgetting to check the screen. i already have the filter and oil for it. (mobil1 silver cap).

Old 07-20-2011, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Lol, no there is a Wekfest in Chicago too. Its August 20th.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Lol, no there is a Wekfest in Chicago too. Its August 20th.
lol... man i am really out of it. must be the heat...

i need to polymer my dd's soon... both the G and GE. this heat and strong rays probably evaporated the thin seal i have on the G.

i got a headsup from Prima that they just released a new product called HydroSeal. basically based off the Hydro (which i luv... it's a seal as you dry product) it's a more robust yet gentle application that shells the coating for 6-8months. might give it a try later on.

i still haven't even opened the Griot's One-Step Sealant yet so need to give that a go soon on the GE.

here's wat prima seal looks like:

Old 07-22-2011, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
drove the GE to work today. didnt feel like PDR'ing 2 cars if we got hailed on this am from the storms. lol plus the G has sunroof so dont want to risk cracked glass.

got a nice natural-carwash. lol hope it cools off somewat cause i got a crapload of house stuff to do this weekend...

Old 07-22-2011, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Some stupid chick nearly crashed into my GE on the way home. Light was yellow, I was in the left turn lane with right of way and the stupid was coming from the opposite direction making a right. She needed to stop but kept turning looking at me like WTF. Why are people so fking stupid?

Being a gentleman that I am, let the dumb broad turn first. saved my car.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?