General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Looking at kbb I should be able to sell the GD for around $11k...

Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Be on the look out for sale soon... will fit 2007-2008 GD Fits...
- momo steering wheel + plug and play adapter with spacers.
- single din jvc stereo with HD radio + metra mounting kit and harness.
- passenger visor with vanity mirror.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
woot! got my new furnture today for my music room. even fit in the GD without lowering the backseats.

im really going to miss this feature when i sell the car and use my G for everything...

Old 05-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
woot! got my new furnture today for my music room. even fit in the GD without lowering the backseats.

im really going to miss this feature when i sell the car and use my G for everything...
aww your really going to sell the fit are you? i've been admiring your fit thread. you've done soo much! or at lease recorded so much

Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
here's wat a camry looked like back in the early 2000's...

see the resemblese with the new pos civic???!

want to know what the most ridiculous look alike in history? THE FORD FUSION! it just stoled the front end from the '97 and up honda prelude and "FUSED" it with the rear end from the '92-'96' honda prelude. really makes you wonder why they call it the "FUSION" doesn' it?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
So this am my GD's now rear drum brakes started making noise telling me it needs service.
Something is telling me to reconsider selling the car. Dang it, need to consider taking it in again. Lol

Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EvoFit
aww your really going to sell the fit are you? i've been admiring your fit thread. you've done soo much! or at lease recorded so much
Yah, was going to take it apart next wk and sell by the weekend. But now im going to get hit with a lower appraisal since the rear brakes are making noise.... need to fix it first...

Agreed on the fusion! You know I thought the same thing when it first came out.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Yah, was going to take it apart next wk and sell by the weekend. But now im going to get hit with a lower appraisal since the rear brakes are making noise.... need to fix it first...

Agreed on the fusion! You know I thought the same thing when it first came out.
BUT! your only selling it so you can get a GE right? lol

Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EvoFit
BUT! your only selling it so you can get a GE right? lol
Hahaha, no probably not. I have a 09 which my wife uses and I definitely like the styling of GE's but id just keep mine if I was going to get another Fit.

the car I really want right now is a A4 Avant wagon in MT. Unfortunately MT is not offered in the US. so my only other choices are mazdaspeed3 and 2011 WRX hatch.

2011 WRX 's are hard to find right now and plenty of MS3's in-stock....but man, those things are so ugly. hahaha

Anyway... got a nismo titanium shift knob today and installed on my Z.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
ran some errands in the GD, put new wiper refills on, got gas.

Otherwise worked on putting clearbra on the Z's rocker panels. Turned out nice...

Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
wooot, my front CF lip for my Z came in... per the wifey. hopefully tomorrow or Wed i will have some time to install it.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
No go for today. Wife threw a curve ball so got screwed doing errands tonight. Also found that my GE's hvac fanspeed 1-3 no longer works. Wtf. Wont have time to take it in until next wk.

Man this car's AT sucks.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
with me hating my GE so badly (btw, wife loves the car and she's the primary user so it's fine) with its crappy AT yesterday got me thinking seriously i really should keep my 5MT GD for just running errands on the weekends. the reason is if i sold my GD that means im going to be using my GE 100% on the weekends to do all errands... i could use my G but as i mentioned earlier, taking my G to homedepot is like wearing dress shirt and pants to a soccer game. hahahaha

torque converter based AT's confuse me cause throttle response is mush, Fit's pedals are so close to the seat for short folks i sit in the driver's seat (as if im showing my kid how to ride his little bicycle) and keep accelerating while my foot just rests on the gas pedal...so i let off, then the car slows duh...so this constant blurrish trimming of the throttle is annoying. on a MT car the amount you input is the amount the car puts out. you suck at MT, then your car will display that moving along the road as if it has hiccups or something. hahahaha

and the constant relying on brakes to slow down. and congestions.. you folks that say MT's are tiring in traffic is rediculous. AT's in traffic is even more tiring cause of the constant creeping and mush throttle trimming in a blurr.

so i'll take my G to work as usual and just use the GD for shopping and winter i suppose. i haven't put too much more thought in the Mazdaspeed3 yet but if im paying 25K i think i might get something else. even something like a civic-si sedan would be more worthwhile to me vs the MS3.

so i suppose i'll put some more thought into this and possibly make another appointment with the dealer to get the rear drum pads replaced and brakes bled. when they did the overall vehicle inspection my car checked out with no issue other than the recommendation to get the rear brake pads replaced so i guess i'd be kind of a waste to sell especially if im not upgrading to another all-rounder dd but with more umph!

Last edited by kenchan; 05-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
not much GD action today, just moved it out of the way to pull out my G and positioned the front wheels so it looks like it's posing in the visitor lot. hahaha.

finished the prep work for the new CF lip spoiler for the Z last night. considering the price i paid i expected it to be a finished product just to be installed.... nope. it had glue and raw resin at the butted joints and required a full prep from filing off the excess, wet sanding down to a nice flat surface (400grit) on the ends, sanding to a smooth finish (2000grit) overall, and enameleling around the edges to ensure it does not absorb moisture and undo itself.

will spray the ends and inside first and then the bottom... and finish off with spraying the top... tomorrow, hopefully. i need temps to be in the 70's and low humidity.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Finally got around to clearcoating my CF lip using UV blocker.

This pm im going to be taking apart my GD's cluster to etape the TPMS light.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Instrument Visor Removal/Installation

That's the link i used to remove the cluster from the dash. From there I unclipped the cluster and yanked off the 3 needles and base rings to remove the blackground decorative indicator sheet. Placed etape behind the TPMS lamp area, tested with a flash light from the back. Then put it all back together.

Played with the needle alittle bit to align it. I think its a good idea to take a snap of your cluster while engine is off so you know how the needles need to point after assy.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Ill drive the car past those radar speed traps to verify speed later on. . Im 99.99% sure its fine though.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
ran the GD past one of those radar speed traps and the speed indicated on the trap sign was about 3mph lower than what's showing on my car's cluster so it is perfect. im running shorter sidewall tires so it shows higher speed than actual.

going to be doing some polishing on the CF lip today... tool of choice is my 3" random orbital and a mild polish and med foam pad.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Polished up the clear on the Ings now that its fairly dry.

Tool of choice... . Griots 3" random orbital and a few polishes in different grit.

Close up of the shine. . Btw there is no wax on this...

Will install later pm or tomorrow... probably tomorrow as I need to put the car up on ramps and its looking like its going to rain.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Got some time this pm and rain stopped so installed the splitter. Turned out exactly how I wanted it. will take more snaps tomorrow weather permitting. Will wax the CF in about 2 wks after it outgasses.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?