General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Got Fit Today, but Hazard Lights Don't Work

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:45 AM
tin
5 Year Member
Got Fit Today, but Hazard Lights Don't Work

I test drove and got a Fit (Sport, Storm Silver) today. Paid MSRP, all I was able to have thrown in was all season mats. Oh well, it's a well priced car to begin with, so it's all good. The experience was pretty good, except they sold me a car they didn't have, then told me I'd had to wait until Wednesday, then called me back later and said they actually do have it but it's a different car (exactly the same, just different VIN). Lots of ups and downs today. Hope they didn't screw anything up in the rush.

But here's the strange thing, when I got home, I was playing with all the buttons and stuff and notice that the hazard lights didn't work. I checked the blinkers and they work, so I checked the fuse box under the hood. And there it was, there was no fuse for the hazard lights (#14)! Anyone had this happen? Think they just left it out at the factory or was someone screwing around with the insides?

I also thought it had a rattle, but turns out to be my key chain!!!

Over all, I love the car, much quicker than my old '95 Altima. Was going to do a trade in, but they said they'd only give me $100, I'd rather give it to a friend for free. And best of all, my snowboard (157cm) fits in the back (with a little persuasion)! Didn't really know what people meant when they said it's like a big go-kart, but now I do. haha

Now all I need a Fit Freak decal. (Well, that and get the hazard light fixed, but I'll probably just get a fuse myself and plug it in, probably cheaper than the gas I'll use to get to the dealer.)

Old 12-30-2007, 01:51 AM
Congrats on the Fit...welcome to FitFreak!

I would take it to the dealer just so they know that they made a mistake...you might get something out of it...you never know...it might be worth it...if not for you then atleast for them (so it doesnt happen again..)

Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Congrats on the new fit I've put almost 10k KM on it and i still love driving it around for no reason, big go kart indeed.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Congratz on your new Fit!
About the the light problem, just take it to the dealer and they will fix it up for you.

Tyler

Old 12-30-2007, 01:37 PM
tin
5 Year Member
Yea, the fuse was missing. Took it to the dealer, they plugged in a new fuse and worked perfectly. While I was there I also got the wheel locks, the guy was telling me people love stealing Fit wheel, they had 2 in the shop with all the wheels stolen. Plus I've also read about that here. It was $30, so I figure what the hell.