General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What Fit to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Exclamation What Fit to buy?

I know this isn't my first post but please dont bash me saying i didnt search because i have searched and have not found answers to all of my questions.

I am selling my Tiburon and and looking at buying a new Fit. The thing that attracted me to the Fit was the body kit on the sport trim. My main question is can I purchase the standard fit and then install the Sport body kit? If so where would i purchase one? I know the dealers will say that it isn't compatible with the base model. Anyways thanks for your time and i look forward to further exploring this site!

Heres my modified Tib currently for sale

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Yes you CAN put the S trim on a base. A few of our members here have done it and it looks great, just like a sport.
But if you want the S trim just get the S. Its so worth the extra 1000$. You get alot more then just a lip kit.

Leather wheel
iPod/MP3 hook up
body kit
wheels
better stereo
fog lights
Paddles with the AT
Cruise control
Keyless entry

Well what im trying to get to is, just spring the extra money man, its like a no brainer to get the S, its much better!
Welcome to FitFreak!

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 01-06-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Thanks solbrothers
Old 01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
I would have to agree with TOOL^^^^

yeah you can definately do it! (the fit in base also looks hawt! ...but i see that you like to modify though)

The price of the parts will be pretty high to convert....so there wouldnt be much of a savings if any...(I dont think insurance is higher for the sport either, and prices are comming down and negotiating is easier now...a bit )

the nice thing about getting the base is it will be cheaper....then some day later if you would like you can add the sport look...its maybe more responsible if you rationalized it that way (all other features aside...)

welcome to FitFreak by the way...hope you get a fit....look around here when you get the chance there is a ton of stuff to find...even w/o the search feature....

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-06-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Use the " edit " button to save your LIFE...just a CLICK away!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
tyler, don't forget about the cruise control

Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
sport.
nuf said.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
yeah to me, the biggest issue was to have cruise control. my teggy did not have cruise control and that bug that crap out of me. and besides the sport like everyone says...for a grand more, its soooo worth it.

its the quickest way to look nice....without to much money. all you need is a drop and your set.

the reason why i want a base...is becuase then you dont have extra holes when you drill for the spoon spoiler! well...and for the steelies. if i could have dropped a couple items to save me some money those would be the 2 things i would have taken off my car.

but buy the sport regardless....its really not that much more for what you get.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
i have to agree with the all of the above posters. i originally was set on a base and am very glad i opted for the sport instead.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:06 AM
In my book, it boils down to: like the look of the body kit and want factory alloys (and plan to keep them)? Buy the sport.

Otherwise, buy the base.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I echo everybody here that the Sport really does have some comfort features as well as the extra body kit already there, making it worth the extra money. But it looks like you did a lot of mods on your previous 2006 car, so might be more fun to go with a base model if you want a totally different car by the end of all of it for a little less money.

Impressive job on that Hyundai by the way. Why are you ditching it? You only had it 2 years, and did a bunch of mods. If you got the orange Fit you'd be close in color. You could have twin cars in the garage, or at least reuse some of that left over orange paint for the interior panel.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i too recommend you get the sport trim if you can afford it... especially
in your case you want the factory body kit on there.

it'll cost more money to do it later.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys! The reason im selling my tib is because i want something i can drive my friends around in comfortably and I want to get a little better gas mileage.
Im planning on getting the Sport in the Orange, Red, or blue color, and im going to try to not mod it too much, but i think that some window tint and darker rims are needed and also perhaps some HID headlights, i want to try to stay away from performance because it has cost me too much money in the past. Im starting College this fall and Im only currently 18 so i dont have much money to work with, so the Tibby has to go for me to buy the Fit.

Thanks again for the warm welcome! I love this site!

Man now im getting really anxious about selling the Tib and getting into a Fit, i just like this car more and more with everything i've been reading about it

Last edited by A4man; 01-06-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Welcome to the site!

I went with the Sport strictly because of cruise control. There were other features that I liked as well that helped such as fog lights, key fob door lock/unlock, and mp3 player compatible.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
dude...thats a nice looking shark u got there!
get the s trim no doubt. the kit alone will cost u 6-7 hundred dollars (optimistically) and the s trim is 1k more than the base ur looking at.
and like said, the s trim will get u more than the body kit and overall ull save big bucks.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
yea true dat...wish i got the sport trim too, regretting it a bit... but i got new rims body kit and exhaust set up, so it kinda worked out for me, but yea u get more bang for u money by getting the sport model if ur not planning on modding

Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
i parked my ssm sport next to a ssm base fit the other day, and realized the factory lip kit makes a BIG difference in the overall appearance of the car. Well worth the extra $$.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
no question, sport.

15" alum. wheels, body kit and keyless entry...

no question.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Depepnds on what you want to do with it. In my case I don't use the cruise control, plan on replacing the stereo system with my current equipment, did alarm work for 15 years and want 16" rims and tires. For me it make no sense to buy the sport model as I'll be take off most of the items that it adds on. As for the body kit, it does look nice but I'll probably build something unique after a while just to be different.

It all depends on your situation.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i have to be honest... i haven't used my cruise control yet. lol... well,
only to test that it's working.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey guys out of curiosity what would you offer me for my tiburon? is it priced to high? link is in the first post

Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Get the sport, especially if you like the body kit. I bought a SSM base (love the car, not too wild about the sport body parts), but the lack of cruise control and especially auto door locks gets a bit annoying. I'm planning on installing the factory auto-lock kit, but no factory kit for cruise control and oh by the way they throw in a leather steering wheel, alloys, aux jack and better stereo for little extra $$.

Still love my base! Might get 16's soon. . .