General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you LOVE UR FIT????

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
I just hit 1000 miles yesterday after having the car for about two months (I travel a lot), and I can already tell that this is going to be one of my favorite cars of all time. It really does speak to me as an oldschool Honda owner, and reminds me of why I went with the H badge in the first place nearly 20 years ago.

The car got way better once I took advantage of the tire sale at Costco and got some decent rubber on it. It's way more sure-footed now, and I can take corners and accelerate without feeling like I'm losing traction all the time. I also took care of some interior appointments and exterior lighting, and am digging it. Tint, suspension and IHE are probably next, but right now, I really love the car as-is.

I like that I don't feel compelled to mod the car all the time (which I did w/ my WRX and STI), which has helped the pocketbook, and the ~$25 gas station visits every 280 miles or so (and slowly climbing) definitely has me grinning more than the 91 fill ups I was used to for years.

-Mike

Old 01-31-2008, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
I love my NHBP Fit. My parents were going to buy me a car of my choice as a graduation gift and all I wanted was an used Mazda Miata (light weight and RWD and not pricey), not an Evo, not a RX-8, not a WRX, a Miata would have been fine for me. Well, for some odd reason they didn't want me driving a 5-speed, so the Miata was out of the picture. I looked online and talked to my parents and my choices came to a 08 Civic Coupe, or Honda Fit. My dad already had a 06 Civic so I didn't want the Civic so the Fit was my last option. I started looking at it, at the specs, videos online, edmunds reviews, etc and started to realized, wow this car is f**cking amazing. All the reviews were great, the price was a great value for all you get, and most importantly, there was potential for modification. Then I discovered fitfreak.net and my love for my car has never let up since. Its truly a love story.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaFitted2007
Well, for some odd reason they didn't want me driving a 5-speed
The fit is a 5 speed, or did u get an auto? Don't they make auto maita's?

Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pastafarian
The fit is a 5 speed, or did u get an auto? Don't they make auto maita's?

they do. for awhile now actually.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
i love my fit. sure it has some flaws, but it has its strong points that totally outweigh them.

sometimes i catch myself wanting something bigger/nicer, but i've been like that with all my cars. not something the fit has illicited out of me. I would like to keep her for awhile!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
Um i dont remember this being the "OMG I LOVE MY FIT!POST HERE IF YOU DO TOO!" thread

kthnxbye

even if it didn't say that, a very loose analysis of the first post would have told you that your experience was best left for another thread.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
i dont love my fit.

however, i dont own a fit.

ive spent several months car researching.

i fully intend on buying the 2009 fit.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
I feel like I'm so lucky every time I have an "errand" to run and get to drive my Fit. Maybe that's why I put 2000 miles on it in the first 6 weeks of owning it... I LOVE this car. I was also looking at much faster cars but ended up getting the Fit because I just liked the way I felt driving it.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Today I found out that even the rear seats recline. I so seriously thinking about trading in the WRX to get a second Fit for myself since our Fit is the wife's car.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Have to agree!

I too love my FiT!!! I get teased about keeping it meticulously clean inside and out, parking so carefully and such by my friends and family.

I don't call it "the car" it's "the FiT" - yup they bug me about that too.

I finally let my husband drive it after 7 months - now he wants to leave the gas guzzling Dodge Ram 4x4 in the driveway and take my FiT to work.....I think he secretly pretends he's in a go-kart!!! He now stands up for the Fit and says how impressed he is!!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I love my Fit despite it's few flaws (which I'm fixing.) I still get excited when I go to drive it. I've never been this happy with a car.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Smile

This topic is a no-brainer. I absolutely LOVE my Fit. Its so awesome to drive and while it is the slowest car I've ever owned ( besides the 94 corolla I bought for $700 when my civic ex blew up ), it is by far the most fun. I traded in a 2003 Suzuka Blue s2000 and have never regretted it! Its so hard to stay off the gas, especially in the turns, with the Fit. My wife loves to drive it, too, but she still prefers the heated seats of her '03 Accord. If I could do it all over again, I would!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
i love my fit... its a new adventure each ride... time to go to work...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Smile Had mine for 3 weeks and happy happy happy

OK 3 weeks ago I bought a brand new Fit sport, I needed the fuel economy. I drive a lot for work and was getting 12mpg.

I love driving it I now (3.5 weeks later) have 2965 miles on it (there was 11 when I test drove it)

I never thought driving a small car would be so much fun, this is first small car I have had. Never thought I could take a corner without slowing down before now

One VERY happy Fit owner

Old 02-06-2008, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Talking My new Fit

Just got it. Reviewed cars for the last 6 months, intently. My 95 Neon was getting too old... still fast, but old. Read all the reviews... decided on a Fit based on reliability, mileage, and features... mostly the large cargo area. Went to buy one without ever driving one. I figured, that if it is half as good as they say, it would be worth the money. Test drove the AT. Seemed like a real dog compared to my MT Neon, but that gets 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. Bought the Fit but ordered the MT. I just picked the car up a week ago. I can't believe how much faster it is than the AT that I test drove... easy highway merges to 75 mph. I liked the features of the AT, don't get me wrong. Those paddle shifters were appetizing. And if I drove constantly in heavy traffic I would have gotten the AT. But, I don't, so the MT was great for me. Initially, the steering was ultra touchy to me... my Neon and Caravan just don't repond that well. Now, I've gotten used to it....IT'S AMAZING. The manuvering is impossibly great. It's like it's running on a track in tight turns. Based on Consumer Reports, emergeny manuvering is comparable to a Corvette, but, in many ways the car is better than a Corvette... reliability, mpg, cargo room, etc. It's about the cheapest fun sports car you can get. I wish I had more money... I'd buy two of them, maybe a AT for those days I don't want to work at driving, but want to just have so so so much fun. I love this car.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I wish I had the MT however with all the driving I do I decided easy was better then fun

Once in a while I will use the paddles not as much fun as the MT tho

Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
I love my Fit. My Subaru WRX is up for sale due to my love of this sharp handling little car. I miss the power of the Scooby, but I don't miss the gas bills (almost double the Fit's) When I'd heard that people sold their WRX to get a Fit, I was sorry for them. Now I realise they were the smart ones.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Talking

I got a Storm Silver Sport Automatic in mid-October (2007) and have loved it!

It's very cool to finally have a car that other people stop to look at, and even ask me about when I am out and about. But, honestly, I got it for the gas mileage, safety, and flexible interior. Being able to drive something sporty that handles well is the icing on the cake!

My husband was impressed enough by the Fit that he just bought one (red, base model, automatic) the day before yesterday!

We are proud to be a 2-Fit family now.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Thumbs up

Yes, I love my Fit. It's so fun to drive, and I think it's oh-so-stylish, lol. I have no significant complaints I'm glad I chose to buy it.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:54 AM
In response to einstein77:

Anybody who says "I wish I had more money... I'd buy two of them" has got to be a true FitFreak! Welcome to the club!!

Quick Reply: Do you LOVE UR FIT????