General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you LOVE UR FIT????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Do you LOVE UR FIT????

I decided to make this since I have seen a couple of threads saying how much people hate there FIT. I have owned over and I mean over 19 Honda's and I absolutely love my FIT. It is fun, functional, and sporty. No it's not fast but who cares. I get 35mpg (city) with only 600 miles on it and just blaze though corners(laugh every time). To beat all of that I bought the car without even a test drive thanks to all of you FITFREAKS!!!!! I was going to buy a GTI and I am soooooo happy with my purchase. The FIT is a true Honda, inexspensive and fun. I have owned 2 S2k's and I love my FIT just as much. FIT LOVE

Old 01-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Retired Moderator
YES i really am in LOVE with my Fit. Its my baby!
Its not fast but its just as fun as a fast car. Small, easy to park, great on gas, comfortable, easy to mod, versatile, and great handling! I bet ill have mine till it dies!

Tyler

Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
YES i really am in LOVE with my Fit. Its my baby!
Its not fast but its just as fun as a fast car. Small, easy to park, great on gas, comfortable, easy to mod, versatile, and great handling! I bet ill have mine till it dies!

Tyler
hah, i KNOW i'll have mine till it dies, so i'm figuring i'll have a fit for a good 20 years, lol. my crx was 19 and still going when i got rid of it....

Old 01-10-2008, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
Of couse I love my fit, even name it . I love the mileage, I love the handling and the nimbleness, and I can't forget the pedal shifters . However there is a few thing I wish I can fix at the moment, those are a bit more power (I don't like downshifting to 4th in order to stay at 80mph everytime I go up to San Francisco with HW280) and a dead pedal, but all those are easy fixes . I, too, am planing to drive the car even if it dies, it can doubles as a great family car, once I get my hands on a "race/track" car.

Last edited by Slimjimx701x; 01-10-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Count me among the very happy Fit owners. Holds a lot of stuff, fun to drive, looks good, great MPG, low emmissions, held value, just right!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 AM
me too me too. haha. yes i very much love my fit like everyone else so far. i drive to south georgia/north florida about once a month and i have no complaints at all with my fit. great handeling, amazing gas mileage(even at high speeds), pretty comfortable, and very safe on top of it all. there is many other things that i love about my fit but i dont want to get a hand cramp typing it all. haha.

lets see if we can get this thread bigger then that damn "what you dont like about your fit" thread. that one kinda sucks.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:24 AM

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
I love the little thing, I get a little chuck out of the fact that before I desided to get the fit I was looking at a used Evo or WRX. I dont realy know how I came about finding the car but as soon as I saw it, well at least pictures I fell in love. Ever time I see my car I cant help but smile and same with driving it, its just a blast to drive.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
I love the little thing, I get a little chuck out of the fact that before I desided to get the fit I was looking at a used Evo or WRX.
I was looking at trying to get a used WRX, too, but the insurance and premium gas required made me think twice. Then I just happened to drive a Fit and fell in love! I love seeing car magazines brag about it, too, it makes me smile on the inside. And the outside too : )

Old 01-10-2008, 10:36 AM
love it, risk a lot for this bad boy!

Old 01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
add me to the list.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Me Too!

I'm glad to see this thread too. Was going to post to that "other" thread: "Nothing."

I have never been so taken with a car (and I'm an old lady and have driven quite a few). Yes, there are things I'd change if I were the designer, but the fact is just driving the Fit makes me smile and sometimes laugh out loud. Many of the things that bother other people don't bother me at all: dead pedal, I didn't even know what it was until I read enough complaints about the lack of it to figure it out; telescoping steering wheel, ditto; center armrest, they bother me and make me feel hemmed in; TPM, it already worked perfectly for me once (after a month, the low pressure light went on and sure enough one tire was down to 28 psi, added air, light went off).

My Fit Sport is a manual and I don't find it slow. It gets off the line just fine at traffic lights, etc., and zooms on the highways at 80 effortlessly. Not speeding gleefully is actually a problem, and the last Fit I saw on the road was pulled over by a cop, so I'm not the only one with that problem. And it's gotten 33-38 mpg for every tank in the 2 months (2,500 miles) I've had it. Insurance was less than I expected, probably because of safety features, and so were the new plates, probably because it's not that expensive a car.

It's a darling, darling car, and all it has to do is last more than 170,000 miles to beat the hell out of my last car, a Subaru Impreza.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
I love the little thing, I get a little chuck out of the fact that before I desided to get the fit I was looking at a used Evo or WRX. I dont realy know how I came about finding the car but as soon as I saw it, well at least pictures I fell in love. Ever time I see my car I cant help but smile and same with driving it, its just a blast to drive.
I find this funny because i was also looking at used STI's and Evo's and now im 100% sure on getting a fit once my tiburon sells, im glad you dont regret your choice it makes me feel better about my future plans on getting a fit

Old 01-13-2008, 01:22 AM
wow, i hope i love my FIT just as much as you guys do. i am really excited to be getting it in a few weeks. =)

Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
well i LOVE my fit.

this is my first car that i have ever own that i see people jock my car.
when i roll by meets i see heads turn, and when i park people compliment my car. its a whole different feeling to know that i own a car thats REALLY Slow, but people still acknowledge it. i used to own a integra with mugen mf10's but that wasnt anything special. now i get people going nuts over how sweet the fits look. i know mine doesnt look that great compared to others, but i just like the feeling of owning a car that not a lot of people really have.(ie not as much as civics or tc or integras). all the functions really did help me out during the san diego fires. i slept in my car, and it still had more then enough room for Most of my stuff. its practical to have nowadays for the gas, i mean 30 bucks to fill up is really something to brag about.it does really well in the canyons, and personally i don't need to go fast straight, only in the turns.
the only downside about the fit is the power...which is easily curable.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Gonna love my Fit even more this week once all my mods are done

Old 01-14-2008, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
got to love my car... despite all the downside

Old 01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
i def love it!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
still lovin it

just done 2000 miles and i'm still lovin it. for me it is a big car and I have had to get used to parking it in tight spaces. i love the build quality. it is my 1st honda but i just feel that it will last forever. the handling is good, the suspension can handle speed bumps well, i can throw it round corners, it's economical(ish) but what i love most about it is the CVT gearbox. that was the detail that pushed me from 'i like this car' to 'i must buy this car'. i've not had chance to try it in snow yet but i see from others here that it should be no problem. but the true test, for me, of love for a car is, if i am having a bad day at work, i think "well at least i get to drive my jazz home tonight". there aren't many cars that would pass that test day after day on the same route.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Yes, I love my Fit. My other car is an '86 integra... it's nice... it's old... but I have had experiences with other cars. I've driven my buddies Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla, civics, all of the Si's, an rx8, and I definetly have to say that the Fit is a great value!

Quick Reply: Do you LOVE UR FIT????