General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

chick car?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
It is a chick car.... a chick car thats dudes buy.
I love seeing chicks drive Fits. Normally theyre young and cute. They always think theyre hot shat though. Hot shat in an econo car.

People that say those things are people that have never driven the Fit. Let alone even sat in one. All that changes when you drive one.

I always get the standard "Its cute." I dont really care. I say it myself. I always ask people if they think its cute. Hehh!
I agree. I thought the Fit was a girly/*** car until I drove it. Then it reminded me of my 91 teg I use to own, so that convinced me to buy it.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
At the end of the day.... you make the car what it is, the car doesn't make you. So if you believe all the hype, then you're only going to fall victim to believing your car is a "girls car".

I use to actually think the exact same about the Pontiac Solstice.... until I seen Jazz from the Transformers Movie. lol

Old 02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I dont think I have really ever recieved crap for my car. I was at a local
hardware store and this ogre of a young man (missing link) said that I should not buy such shit and I should go for good ole GM.... !
And he was serious!!!

I was so struck off guard I was speachless (he had never heard of the "FIT" he just new it was Japanese when I said Honda! He had not even seen the car! )

scary!

Anywho for the ppl who believe vehemently that the Fit is gender and age
specific...I can only imagine what on earth they think of the AVEO and
YARIS !!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 PM
NMG
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
I was at a local hardware store and this ogre of a young man (missing link) said that I should not buy such shit and I should go for good ole GM
LMAO, now that's funny

Oh I'll also add the ever so popular, who cares what people think.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by JaySmith
At the end of the day.... you make the car what it is, the car doesn't make you. So if you believe all the hype, then you're only going to fall victim to believing your car is a "girls car".

I use to actually think the exact same about the Pontiac Solstice.... until I seen Jazz from the Transformers Movie. lol
I totally agree. A car is a car...it's all about the person driving it. I just got my Fit but I never once thought of it as a chick car. I mean i think the looks of a car are definitely important but if your buying a car just based on looks to try and impress people then you might have some self-esteem issues. IMO.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
That's good that they do.

I know less female thieves than males

Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Dude who gives a crap about what people say about your car, if you like then who cares what people say.

Tyler
totally agreeing with you on this one...all my friend drive fast cars with turbos and V8's and they think my car is P.O.S... i dont care what they say i have so much fun driving my car then there's lol

Old 02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
at work people said my car was "tall and tiny, but with two little kids
they guessed my budget is real tight." hahahahahaha.

my neighbor asked "ken, WTF happend?" and pointed at my car
like if i had a pos KIA or something on my driveway when i drove it
home from the dealership.

my wife asked "so cute! where's mine?"

-modded it a little bit and no one said anything negative-
same neighbor asked "ken, you got another car already?!"

wife said "oh, that's pretty cool. still cute, which i like."

"man, that's pretty cool, good job on the car."

"does it come like that from the factory?!" lol

"awesome little hatch."

"cool car!"

"damn this thing is sporty!"

"thanks for the lift, was awesome!"

"man, loads of fun, thanks for the ride."

"if i got one, would you mod it for me like yours?"
etc. etc.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:29 PM
And what would be the definition of a girly car...I'd like to know.
Being of the female persuasion, I was attracted by the style and mileage of the Fit. It neither appeared masculine nor feminine.

In fact, the first one I saw on the lot was used - black sport with gorgeous gold rims. Looked very much like a guys car.

Like others......it is always the guys who have said positive things about the Fit.
My Fit has no mods and looking at what some of you "guys" have done to yours - well there certainly isn't anything feminine about them!!! They look GREAT!

When my husband finally took it to work (he drives a big 4x4 Ram extended cab) all of his firefigher colleagues commented on the Fits size- not what sex it was suited to!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
I typically get the whole "its cute" and "is that your wifes car". Now that it has a few mods on it people are changing there tune and asking what it is, what kinda power, and fuel economy. Im the only modded fit in the area so its kinda cool but now that i put the fitfreak.net decals on the rear doors all the ricers wanna race all the time. I guess they dont think its cute anymore though. haha. Either way as long as you like it who cares what they think.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone for responding

I love my fit i just wanted to know if anyone else gets the same crap.

Thanks Go FIT!!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 PM
The whole "girlie" thing is a non-issue. At least half the people I see driving Fits are younger guys. Obviously those calling the Fit girlie, need to grow a pair. I've already been told my color is girlie, which is why I don't plan to hang those lace curtains in the windows! And for the record, I was young and cute once - of course I didn't have a Fit then.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
i was kinda worried about it when i started to seriously consider buying mine. i just hoped that it didn't turn out to be like a jetta or a tc, those are grrl cars imo. but i figured hey, it's a honda that has been out for a minute over seas already so i can mod it out like a mofo fo realz. so i decided on black. most people said oh it's um... cute. then of course the mods began and now people don't even notice it at all. if they do they just tell me damn, that's a nice freakin car! what is that, a honda? wow, very nice!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
I've only seen girls driving the new Jetta, but the old one I didn't really notice a difference in sexes driving it.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
i'm a girl. i love my fit.

lots of guys have fits and love them too.

not really an issue to me.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
you know who always tells me that my car is for girls. those idiots with the scion tc.

other then that...i have not really had anyone else tell me my car is for girls

i swear to god....THOSE cars are for girls. they are truly a chick car. they can be made fast...but around here, every girl has them. its ridiculous, its kind of like the new civic/beetle.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
oh yeah, beetles... forgot about those. civics tho? back when i was in school i used to think they were for grrlz, but that was before i got into tuning. i mean, if you wanna go that route... how bout crxs? when i was a little kid i used to think those were for grrlz too. til i bought my 91 si, black with super mesh wheels (in my avatar)!

Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
My husband was sceptical at first (he drives a huge muscle car) and didn't really like the Fit..but when he drove it for the first time he liked it a lot! Handles much better than our other car and is so roomy inside. That's what most people say at first "Oh it's so tiny", but when they sit in it they can't belive how big it is on the inside. And I like their faces when you tell them your mileage is in the high 30's *lol*
I've never heard it's a girls' car, but I don't care, I am a girl...

Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
my car is for the wifey but i gave it some personality that guys can appreciate.

btw nice avatar rampage

Old 02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Honestly They Girls Around My Area Love My Car They Think Its Cute..and I They Think The Girls Are Cute That Say My Car Is Cute..haha It Usually Leads To A Longer Conversation With The Exchange Of Numbers

Quick Reply: chick car?????