General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Interested in Fit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Interested in Fit.

Hey everyone! This is my first post here eva! lol. I currently drive a 2007 Mazdaspeed3. The car has way to many problems and I'm looking for something safe/good MPG and a sturdy aftermarket. What model are people buying if they are looking to modify body parts etc? I would think the sport would be a little much especially if looking to upgrade rims/suspension etc..plus its a bit cheaper.

Also, whats the most aggressive wheel fitment the Fit can handle? Just out of curiousity.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Go with sport no doubt, the base lacks important interior and amentities like Cruise, ipod jack, good stereo, leather sterring wheel, Paddle shifter(AT), its worth the extra grand.
I doubt you will regret the switch coming from a MS3. Quality is much better in a Honda. Good luck.
Welcome to FitFreak.

Tyler

Old 02-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Out of curiousity, what problems did you have? BTW get the sport model it's worth the extra $$$.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Tyler, Thanks for the reply. The one thing I would miss is the power. Going from a 280 whp 300+ lb. tq. turbocharged car to a 109 hp ...god knows how little torque.(not putting down the car). But, will be getting much better MPG! I really like the way the car looks and everything..and seems to have a great aftermarket. I have seen some great stuff on Japanparts.com and places like that. Is it worth it to mod this car with i/h/e? Has anybody had any issues with the Fit/Jazz? Any weird recalls or anything?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM
6speedmaster. Well, many of us speed3 owners turbos are starting to go. We have smoking issues and the turbo must be replaced to fix the issue. Many people have dropped their motors due to crappy engine mounts, the driver seat squeeks to all hell. Torque steer isn't much of a problem though. I mean, with "all the praise" the car recieved and all...its really not THAT great of a car. I'll take my previous MX-5 or WRX over it ANY DAY! Its just getting annoying and I can barely reach 200 miles before fill ups sometimes! And I dont get on it all that much either!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by faster1
Tyler, Thanks for the reply. The one thing I would miss is the power. Going from a 280 whp 300+ lb. tq. turbocharged car to a 109 hp ...god knows how little torque.(not putting down the car). But, will be getting much better MPG! I really like the way the car looks and everything..and seems to have a great aftermarket. I have seen some great stuff on Japanparts.com and places like that. Is it worth it to mod this car with i/h/e? Has anybody had any issues with the Fit/Jazz? Any weird recalls or anything?
Yeah its not a very fast car but its peppy and nimble. I mean it feels light when your driving it, the steering is very direct and the car is point and shoot. Im confident it will out handle a MS3 stock. Then drop and put a RSB on it and the thing handles like no other!
If you want speed KraftWerks is making a great SuperCharger that barely effects MPG but totally effects power! Not tto exspensive either, im going to get it as soon as i have the money saved!

Tyler

Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
WOW that sux sorry to hear about that. I have never owned anything but Honda's so I have not experianced issues like that. You will love the Fit. You will get over the power loss over time, I did.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
What part of Fl are you in (if you don't mind my asking). Have you chosen a dealership?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Im in Fort Lauderdale. Most likely Rick Case.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by faster1
Im in Fort Lauderdale. Most likely Rick Case.
Ok. I was going to recommend someone here locally, but you're quite a ways away. Good luck!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
I would say go with the sport even if your gonna Mod... its a great car with a great aftermarket! good luck in your hunt!

Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Welcome btw

I would say the base if you know exactly what you want to do and you dont think you will miss what the sport offers. Since you probably dont know exactly what you wanna do yet I would say stick to the sport (its definately not gunna let ya down) and its worth the extra pennies.

The Fit has wicked handling and ok to moderate power and the mpgs can be amazing if you drive it for mpg sakes. If not then the mpgs will just be good. (which is not bad at all). The Fit does pretty much trump all others with regards to versatility though...which is what usually seals the deal.

This site has a great many forums and aftermarket info, take a look around and search and stuff to find some of the great info

Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Not to bash Mazda but my gf used to have a Mazda 3, not the Speed model. But she too had lots of problems with it and got rid of it after a year. RPMS was all over the place, wear on the rubber seals, electrical gremlins. Sold it and went with a Suzuki and has been problem free for 4 years so far.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah... I have just about had it with just hearing about all the problems the Mazdas have had. I have a slight smoking issue to boot! I have gathered some great info between this site and fittuners.com. Seems like a great little community to be a part of! Now to trade in the Mazda...this should be fun....lol!

Old 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Interestingly enough however I know quite a few Miata owners and those cars seem pretty solid, its all their other cars that tend to have issues from what I hear.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:35 AM
That is very very true FITrunner. I had a 2006 Miata GT and had zero problems what so ever! The problem was I was a bit snug fit in it. lol. I am 6'2" and 200+ lbs. Still, I fit, but long drives became uncomfortable..but the car is a BLASTY BLAST!

Now, after I get my car repaired (got in accident), I am strongly going to go look and explore the Honda Fit seriously. That is why I am here. I want to gain as much knowledge about the car before I buy...which I think is hugely important. Sure I am going to modify it, but only slightly. I would like to keep the 30+ mpg's and dependability that Honda is known for and I don't wanna throw in 12,000$ into a car like I did with the Speed3! :0

With that said...I pretty much know the motor. 1.5 liter 109hp yada yada. I know its feesable to get 100whp with i/h/e..thats all I am pretty much gonna do. Oh and a buttload of suspension work! What brands are best? I know its all subjective, but what brand has the most consistantsy of happy customers?

Also, wheel offsets. I know this probably isn't the best thread to put this but I am just wondering. Ive lurked on the Wheel and Tire section and noticed some of you have rolled your fenders to fit a more "aggressive" offset. Thats the look I will be going for. Maybe a very light 16 inch wheel. 16x8 perhaps with a stretched 205 series tire? I know its all in the offset. Which offset are people running with that combo?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I test drove a FIT the other day. Wow, its a pretty neat little car. But it would be way to much of a downgrade from where I am at now. I could get up, take a shower and get dressed in the time it takes it to get to 60! lol. And thats not good because I live in South Florida and most drivers down here don't pay attention for sheit. And god forbid someone cuts me off or I need to pass someone or whatever you know? Its pretty easy to pass someone in a modded speed3 opposed to a FIT. Not knocking the car at all, it was fun as hell to drive actually. My friend drove it as well, but he is a tried and true american V8 guy...yeah, theres no chance for him...lol. While I am a import car lover no matter what engine..if it looks cool and its fuctional and good mpg...I'll rock it! I don't care to much about.."OH I can beat your a$$ because I'm faster than you!" blah blah...I mean, if I lived in NorthCarolina (which might happen), yeah, the fit would be freakin amazing! Especially with all those suspension mods!!!! But for now, at least for the next year or so I'm gonna stick with the Speed3.