General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Had to leave my car @ the dealer & drive my wife's car to work today

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Had to leave my car @ the dealer & drive my wife's car to work today

First, before anyone asks, I haven't modified anything that has to do w/ the electrical sys.
My SRS dash light has been on for a while, so I first looked on this board for any solutions, including removing the (-) terminal from the batt to try to reset the code>>>but didn't do any good.
I remembered seeing something on here about an '07 recall related to the airbags & the srs wire harness.

So I took on to the dealer (it took 3 working days just to get it in)... they knew about the recall, and said that they'd read the codes & act accordingly.

So I drove my wife's 300m to work. It is a comfortable car... but it's not nearly as fun to drive as my fit.

I also noticed about 4 more fits than I usually see on my commute... I wanted to wave (like I do in my fit)>>>>>but knew that if someone looks at me like I'm crazy when I'm in my fit waving at other fits >>>>>they'd really look at me strange if I waved in her car!

Anyway....I'm looking forward to getting my car back tonight.

~Rob

Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Hope you get your car back soon!
300m is definetly far diffrent then a Fit haha.

Tyler

Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Different is right... the handeling of the fit pwn3d the 300m but the power is nice & the interior....makes me want to get leather seat covers & do a heated seat mod so that I'd have a little bit of luxury in my sub-compact!

Old 05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that you had to do without your car but at least you know which one you would rather be riding in.

Cat :x

Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
a vacation from your car helps you realize why you own it. I am forced to take my gf's car from time to time, and when i get beck in my car it is bliss. so I know what you are going through. same situation too. her car is more comfy and user-friendly where as mine is a bit more sporty and fun to drive.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
a vacation from your car helps you realize why you own it. I am forced to take my gf's car from time to time, and when i get beck in my car it is bliss. so I know what you are going through. same situation too. her car is more comfy and user-friendly where as mine is a bit more sporty and fun to drive.
You got that right, buddy>>>whenever I take the family out... I like take the fit! My fit brings enertainment even to the most mundane of errands!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My airbag light comes on at times. Once I shut the car off and start it back up it doesnt come on.
I keep a chamois under my pass. seat by the center console. I dont see why keeping that there would cause the light to pop on. I have noticed that if I pull the chamois out and put it back under the seat the light pops on. Not all the time though.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Well... I finally got a call from the dealer @ around 530 pm or so... one of my seatbelt buckles were malfunctioning & they have to order a replacement & they want to do the recall work on the srs harness... so I'm w/o my car until Friday afternoon. At the time I called them, and they didn't have a loaner car (Cyndi needs her car to pick up her textbooks for school tomorrow) & I was going to catch a ride from a collegue (spelling??) and got a 6 pm call from service... the Honda place here is going to rent a car for me to drive until I can have mine. (Hope it's not a aveo!)
Anyway I thought that was a stand-up thing for the Honda place to do....
CAN'T wait to get my red baby back!!!

I asked if I could get my car back & just reschedule >>>>they told me that every time my srs malfunction light is on that my airbags won't work & it's a matter of safety... so I left it in their capable hands.

Last edited by gofastredfit; 05-14-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I forgot to add stuff about safety
Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
My airbag light comes on at times. Once I shut the car off and start it back up it doesnt come on.
I keep a chamois under my pass. seat by the center console. I dont see why keeping that there would cause the light to pop on. I have noticed that if I pull the chamois out and put it back under the seat the light pops on. Not all the time though.
Hey bud, you might want to get yours checked out....esp. if it's an 07 like mine!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
the srs sends waves that it constantly moniters on the seat. having a leather jacket or the seat wet could also have the light to come on

Old 05-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Today I picked up my rental........ a shiny white Pt cruiser.

THIS is NOT a good substitute for my fit!!!
At least I can get to work until "checkmate" is ready for me.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Unhappy

I'm still waiting for the dealership to get my seatbelt recepticle in.... they said that it's a "controlled inventory item" that has to arrive from fedx this afternoon...... I hope I don't have to do w/o my baby for the whole weekend.

>>>>>The PT rental I'm driving sux<<<<<<<<<<

Old 05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by gofastredfit
Today I picked up my rental........ a shiny white Pt cruiser.

THIS is NOT a good substitute for my fit!!!
At least I can get to work until "checkmate" is ready for me.
The only way you would be able to have any fun at all with that thing is if they gave you a PT/GT with a de-tuned SRT-4 turbo 2.4

...i'm assuming they didn't, so that sucks.

Good Luck! Hope they get 'er back to you soon.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, cavie!

Last edited by gofastredfit; 05-16-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: The PT is a "touring edition"
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Talking Yay!!!

Just got a call from the service department................my car will be ready when I get off of work tonight... so by 1800 (6pm) I'll be reunited w/ my baby!

Old 05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gofastredfit
Just got a call from the service department................my car will be ready when I get off of work tonight... so by 1800 (6pm) I'll be reunited w/ my baby!
awesome!!

that'll be the sweetest drive you ever have in your fit- i had an '07 accord for a few days last summer while my fit's bumpers were getting repainted and it was hell!!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Cool Sweeeeeeeeet

Originally Posted by pip_rocks
awesome!!

that'll be the sweetest drive you ever have in your fit- i had an '07 accord for a few days last summer while my fit's bumpers were getting repainted and it was hell!!
I just drove it home & yes...it felt sweeter than ever! I'm prob. going to take "checkmate" out on a road trip tomorrow!