General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you get compliments on your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Do you get compliments on your Fit?

Well other than people on here who obviously like them!

This morning getting some coffee at 7-Eleven, came outside and 2 guys are checking it out. Gave me a few nice comments, then we started talking about gas mileage. The other day stopped by a friends house who was having a garage sale, and 2 people that stopped by commented how nice it was. Have yet to run into anyone that gave a silly look or anything like that, so thats cool.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
Well other than people on here who obviously like them!

This morning getting some coffee at 7-Eleven, came outside and 2 guys are checking it out. Gave me a few nice comments, then we started talking about gas mileage. The other day stopped by a friends house who was having a garage sale, and 2 people that stopped by commented how nice it was. Have yet to run into anyone that gave a silly look or anything like that, so thats cool.
The best complements that I enjoy, is when kids see my car, their all excited, and think its "cool". When I first got my fit, a kid saw it & asked if it was a race car, and my wife answered, no but he drives it like it is.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Nope...might be because they are too bitter when the gas pump says $35 when my tank is full and theirs pump is still going.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Everybody usually says is so small at first, then I tell them to sit in the driver's seat. After that they can't believe how big it is on the inside. A few weeks ago I was at Kohls and some lady was like OMG I love that color, it's so beautiful!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Every once in a while i get compliments from random people, like the last week i was pulling into my friends neighborhood and construction workers were slowing cars down due to road work, one guy stopped me and asked what it was and what i did to it lol, it was cool.

Tyler

Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I get good responses from people all the time. They say, "I really like your car" and "Now what kind of car is that?" The cool ones are people who drive by stop and look when the car is sitting parked.

Cat :x

Old 05-21-2008, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
i too have gotten a few compliments, folks at church suprised at the size inside and asking about gas mileage and being impressed with the 35 dollar tanks (they used to be 20 ), cashiers at drive-thru's loving the color and stuff along those lines.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Well if "you have a cute car" is a compliment than i guess yes..lol

Old 05-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I got a compliment from someone at the McDonalds drive the other morning when i stopped to get breakfast. I get a lot more compliments on color too.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
i was drivin off the base here and some guy passes by me in a new evo. when we get out the gate he waves me down and says "thats a real nice fit man". then he speeds away super fast...

Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM
an old lady at the apartment complex i live in caught me one day and asked me if i was the guy driving that "cute little silver car", i nodded and she went on and on about how she loved the little thing. the other day i went to the grocery store, walked out and approached my car and some dude stopped me....starting asking me about the car and said hes seen a few of them on the road hauling ass and he proceeded to ask me...."is it fast", of course i said no and he didnt believe it....commenting that everyone of these he sees is going "fast", then i mentioned "yeah.....it just took them a while to get going FAST".

Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i get compliments all the time on my FitS.

at work, at stores, at the mall, just hanging out with my buddies, etc.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by gmayronne
...starting asking me about the car and said hes seen a few of them on the road hauling ass and he proceeded to ask me...."is it fast", of course i said no and he didnt believe it....commenting that everyone of these he sees is going "fast", then i mentioned "yeah.....it just took them a while to get going FAST".

Depends if we define "fast" correctly. The Fit is indeed fast because does it not get up to a fast top speed (110 mph or so)? That is fast.

People often confuse "fast" with quick acceleration.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
i get compliments from strangers all the time. friends talk shit though :P. probably because they are driving EG's and integras and stuff. just jealous!!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:20 PM
iHardpark
i get compliments all the time usually when im driving on the highway. idk how many thumbs up ive gotten

Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Talking Best compliment yet!!!

A stress analyst that I work w/ drives a giant Range Rover. He looked at his watch and said damn, I have to get fill up w/ gas before I get home.
So I look at him and ask, "What does it cost to fill up your tank anyway?"
He replies, "$80, what does it take to fill up your fit?"
I reply, "$35.00"
His answer, "F%ck you!"

IF that's not a compliment..... I don't know what is!!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I get paint compliments and also when I drive by I see people staring at my car and they will just nod and smile

Old 05-22-2008, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LOZA
Well if "you have a cute car" is a compliment than i guess yes..lol
I have gotten that before...dont know how to take it though

Old 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
From when I bought my Fit in November of '07, until about March I got insulted on my '***' car. Then when gas broke $3.50, all of a sudden everyone wanted to car pool with me to lunch, or worse yet, drive 10 miles out of my way to give people rides to work. I take that as a compliment.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:14 AM
many fits in Alaska??

IS it true that everyone that lives there gets $4k a year from the gov. for the oil there??

Quick Reply: Do you get compliments on your Fit?