General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Opinions Plez!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
rota slipstreams would awesome on your MR fit!! im actually going to trade my sport wheels with my brother for his slipstreams. lol. BUT, 445 shipped isnt that great of a deal. call jlbmotorsports. they should be able to beat that price
Thanks soulbrother - I will check it out! I'd heard of Rota's before but just did not know where to look for them. The prospect of white rims is looking better and better!

Cat :x

Old 05-26-2008, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
yeah! white rims on MR fit should look awesome!

Old 05-26-2008, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=Cat;320106]Well I have been looking for white rims that will not cost an arm and a leg. So far the only thing I can find were the Oz Racing which I was not
crazy about. Looking for 15 inch rims that I can use the stock Sport tires on, which is another problem.

So get the wheels you like, sandblast properly and paint white with good epoxy paint. You only have to do the fronts.
cheers.
PS we've done this several times and used spray cans too. Worked great.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
the konig agains (first wheel) will almost certainly rub if you have a drop on your car. look for wheels with an offset of 45 or higher. with that said, i still like the konigs the most.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
i would go for the first set most def.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
buddy club has some white wheels at a good price. look into them, i had them on my old Si.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
for white wheels. rock the Gramlight 57c i like those so very much

or of course the regamasters. but doesnt seem like your price range at the moment. but save up for some super cool rims. in the end, i think you will like it better.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Led Zeppelins

"Get what I have" this. "Get what I want" that. "Fulfill MY fantasies" this and that.
Lighter weight is the consideration that really matters. The rest is just opinion-slinging. Find the ones that make you happy, and before making the purchase, be sure you're losing unsprung weight.

OH! My own opinion: Top set, among the ones you show in the original post. But the gold rims of "SD MR FIT" are very very very very sharp. So buy those and fulfill my fantasy. While you're at it, ship them to my house.

Last edited by Steeldog; 05-27-2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: I'm verbose
Old 05-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Well I googled rota slipstreams and found JayDM.Com which sells the Rota Slipstreams in white - they are only $445.00 (free shipping in the USA) for four in white That gets me excited because white is what I have wanted from the beginning. I really did not want to go with the black because I just love the way white rims look on the MR Fits. I was getting discourages because I would surf for hours, find some white rims and then find out they were discontinued. I even bought a new wheel and rim mag and could not find anything that did not cost nearly $1,000.00 for white rims. This may be the answer and I thank you for mentioning them to me. I am just not familiar with all the different companies and I am planning to call them Tuesday and make sure that these will work but it looks like the bolt pattern and specs will fit the stock tires just fine. MX6Gt89 was kind enough to give me the details of what to look for. You guys are the best! So what do you think of Roto's?

I would get them here Slipstream

16x7 + 45, 4x100 in white for $125/wheel. You could do 16x7+40 if you want them to stick out a little bit more too. I'm actually waiting on a set of Rotas to turn up in low offsets (+30) or so in 16" and 5x114.3 so I can have some cheap track wheels that will clear Spoon brakes on my S2000.

if you want to spend a little more, weds SA-90's and the previously mentioned buddy clubs are true "JDM" wheels in a lower price bracket. The Enkei RPF1 is another awesome choice, I use them on my S2000. The RPF1's are made with a more advanced mfg. process that only someone with the huuuuuuge facilities and production capability like Enkei's could sell in the $250/wheel range (ex. look at how much AME charges for similarly constructed wheels)

Last edited by quiksi; 05-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 PM
thought this might help the indecision...

Edge Racing - Wheels

Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
third set, dr16's look good on a lowered fit

Old 05-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
"Get what I have" this. "Get what I want" that. "Fulfill MY fantasies" this and that.
Lighter weight is the consideration that really matters. The rest is just opinion-slinging. Find the ones that make you happy, and before making the purchase, be sure you're losing unsprung weight.

OH! My own opinion: Top set, among the ones you show in the original post. But the gold rims of "SD MR FIT" are very very very very sharp. So buy those and fulfill my fantasy. While you're at it, ship them to my house.
Steeldog you always make me laugh - if I was racing the car then lighter would be important, right? I am trying to stay with the stock tires for now and just want to get those stock rims off that car! Ugh! I know whites been done before but I just think it looks so sharp on that MR Fit. And remember the only reason I am getting rims now is because Bush gave me some extra cash to send back out into the economy!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Ok I have finally found two white rims that are in my pricing range and will I believe Fit the car nicely.

1. Konig Mega Racer - White Hope I can find a center cap for these otherwise unsure how it will look.

2. Rota Slipstream White - picture can't be downloaded.

JayDM.com is the web site for them.

With any luck I am having a local car guy friend check over the rims on line for me and just make sure we won't have any problems. I don't plan to drop the car or go for larger tires so I think it will be between the two rims and with any luck I can order them up next week. I'm just glad that the search is over!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
I love the Mugen knock-offs and I am not a fan of Rota Slipstreams. But it is entirely up to you what you like.

Here are some white Slipstreams.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
I love the Mugen knock-offs and I am not a fan of Rota Slipstreams. But it is entirely up to you what you like.

Here are some white Slipstreams.
Thanks for the picture. Any reason in particular you don't like the Rotas?

Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quiksi
I would get them here Slipstream

16x7 + 45, 4x100 in white for $125/wheel. You could do 16x7+40 if you want them to stick out a little bit more too. I'm actually waiting on a set of Rotas to turn up in low offsets (+30) or so in 16" and 5x114.3 so I can have some cheap track wheels that will clear Spoon brakes on my S2000.

if you want to spend a little more, weds SA-90's and the previously mentioned buddy clubs are true "JDM" wheels in a lower price bracket. The Enkei RPF1 is another awesome choice, I use them on my S2000. The RPF1's are made with a more advanced mfg. process that only someone with the huuuuuuge facilities and production capability like Enkei's could sell in the $250/wheel range (ex. look at how much AME charges for similarly constructed wheels)
Thanks for the link - I will check it out. I am hoping to get the rims to fit the stock tire for now. I am definitely looking at the Slipstreams or the Mega Race ones - both will work on the stock tire. I like the fact that the Rota has a center cap but the Megarace do not.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Thanks for the picture. Any reason in particular you don't like the Rotas?

There really isn't anything specific about them that I do not like. I just look at them and it's like, "Eh." But like I said, it is all about what you like.