General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Planning on getting the Fit, but DX, LX or Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Planning on getting the Fit, but DX, LX or Sport?

Hi Forum members,

For the last few months, I have been looking at the Honda fit as one of my choices for the car I want to purchase this year. I was also interested in the Civic, Mazda 3 and the RSX ($).

I’m going to go with the Fit because it is more affordable for me. It’s going to be my first car and I just got my first full time job.

Anyways, I need to decide on some of the options for the Fit. Especially the package: DX, LX vs. Sport.

I really like the Sports package’s look (in fact, I hate how DX and LX looks), but I may not be 100% satisfied with it.

Is it better to get the DX/LX and mod it with a body kit rather than get the Sports? In other words, is it better to save the $4000-5000 (from not getting the Sports) and use it toward purchasing mods for the DX/LX?

Is there something in the Sports package I should be aware of?

I am a car noob, so I don’t have much experience in modding cars.

C&C. Did anyone else on this forum approach this method (buy DX then upgrade with body kit)?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
First of all there shouldn't be a 4k-5k difference between base and sport. I would say if your going to put a different body kit on the car ( other than the sport kit ) then you mise as well just go base and save some money if not then definately go sport it is worth it.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
i don't even know there's LX, DX?????

i thought fit only comes with base or sport

Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
The guy is in canada!!! they have three trims.

Many Canadians chose the middle trim bc it had the aux jack and cruise control (and maybe alloy wheels) and was around $2200 cheaper than the sport.

If you can get a body kit, spoiler, and fancy wheels for less than the price difference, I say go for the middle trim. Also remember that you are most likely buy a dead pedal and armrest too. I believe it is quite possible to get all of this for less than $2200.

So, go shopping around and price stuff out. If you use the SEARCH function you may find lots of info you need.

Welcome to the forum!!

Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by cab0053
The guy is in canada!! They have three trims.

Many Canadians chose the middle trim bc it had the aux jack and cruise control (and maybe alloy wheels) and was around $2200 cheaper than the sport.

If you can get a body kit, spoiler, and fancy wheels for less than the price difference, I say go for the middle trim. Also remember that you are most likely buy a dead pedal and armrest too. I believe it is quite possible to get all of this for less than $2200.
The LX is $2400 more than the DX. The Sport is $2200 more than the LX. So, the difference between the DX and the Sport is $4600. That is a lot of $$$ especially for first job/first car. However, you will certainly be extremely happy if you choose the Sport, and you may feel that the DX doesn't have enough convenience/comfort features, and that the LX has those features, but still lacks the good looks. BTW, the DX does have the MP3 Aux input jack.

If you can afford the price difference, and consider it a good value (A/C alone may be worth your while in the GTA), then go top tier, and you will not regret it...especially if you're not into doing your own mods.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I have the LX and I love it. I have all the interior things that were important to me aux jack, and cruise control. I am planning on doing a few things to my car, like spoiler, exhaust tip, alloys.

I love my car. the LX is a great car, has good features and saves $2200. I would go for it if i were you. PM me if u have any other questions.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
I got the LX too. I needed air conditioning and wanted power locks and cruise control, neither of which are options on the DX.

The spoiler does add some character, but I wasn't going to shell out several thousand dollars more for it.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Question Fit DX

I live in Canada and bought a DX. I just couldn't justify spending the extra $2200 to get A/C, power mirrors and 2 extra speakers for the LX. I am extremely happy with my decision, as the car performs exactly the same as a Sport (I upgraded to 205/40/17 tires, so the car sticks like a go kart!)

The question I have though is, (for you Fit LX owners)... is there an improvement in the sound quality with the 2 extra speakers at the back doors, in comparison to just having the 2 speakers at the front?

If there is, then it may be a good idea for me to install 2 speakers in the back door?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:16 PM
oooo, learning something new everyday

can someone do a more detail breakdown on the 3 different models?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EMC2
I live in Canada and bought a DX. I just couldn't justify spending the extra $2200 to get A/C, power mirrors and 2 extra speakers for the LX. I am extremely happy with my decision, as the car performs exactly the same as a Sport (I upgraded to 205/40/17 tires, so the car sticks like a go kart!)

The question I have though is, (for you Fit LX owners)... is there an improvement in the sound quality with the 2 extra speakers at the back doors, in comparison to just having the 2 speakers at the front?

If there is, then it may be a good idea for me to install 2 speakers in the back door?
There's also power locks and cruise control with the LX.

The only real benefit for rear speakers, I suspect, are for any passengers in the rear seat.