General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fits are everywhere!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Here in CT I see around 2 per day, sometimes more. I was in Illinois last week and I think I saw maybe 2 or 3 the entire week. Kinda interesting.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I've been seeing more lately. Oddly enough, I see more bases than sports.

I can't wait for the 09s to come out so the 08 will seem more rare.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
i see about 3-8 a day, depending on where i decide to drive around.
kinda sucks but then again its also nice seeing more fits on the road.
atleast it was better than seeing a fit once every 3 months

Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i only see one or two Fits a day at best...

Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
tin
5 Year Member
A couple of weeks ago I happen to be following a SSM Fit while another MR Fit came up behind me, it was like a Fit parade. But it only lasted a couple of blocks before we all went our separate ways. The bumper on the SSM Fit I was following was all messed up, can tell it's not someone who loves the Fit.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
i only see 1 on a daily basis and that because they work for the same company as i do. (VBP if anyone is wondering). I see quite a few SSM driving on road.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
i only see a few around every once and a while but not too often, and two other people have them at the Army Depot I work at and one at the school i go to... and its usually just some old couple or a woman driving one. but my feeling is there still are only so many of these cars here, its not like all of the chevy malibu or cavaliers or ford foci, rangers... whatever. plus those of us who mod their cars will still be different. finally, the car has only been here in the states for two years and next year is a new body style. we probably aren't going to see many more fits like ours than we already do.

I agree. I see a few Fits up here in northeast PA. I see more Versas, Yarises(Yarii??), and xD's than Fits up here.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by K LoLo
I've been seeing more lately. Oddly enough, I see more bases than sports.

I can't wait for the 09s to come out so the 08 will seem more rare.
my wife and i stopped by a local honda dealer and out of the 7 or so fits there, only 2 were sports.

i see anywhere from 2-5 a day,and i drive on a major freeway.

i think that seeing fuel efficient cars such as ours is only going to increase and thats no bad thing. once the new fit comes out, you'll start seeing more and more of those instead.

but you know what is REALLY deserving of anger?

other fit drivers' un-willingness to wave. That pisses me the hell off! (could it be that its older folks?) we should have some sense of together-ness right? when i had my rabbit (which to this day is a car that you don't see often, hence why my wife wants one again, for herself, she loves the fit too), i'd have gti and r32 guys ALWAYS waving and giving me a thumbs up.

i think the fit drivers should have that too.

so if you see another fit driver, wave dammit.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
but you know what is REALLY deserving of anger?...
...other fit drivers' un-willingness to wave...
...so if you see another fit driver, wave dammit.
Funny you should say that. I originally had in my previous post I waved to another fit on my way home on my lunch break and he didn't wave back. I removed it since I figured it was kind of random, but I completely agree!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Lack of basic care!

Originally Posted by DeeZeex
I think that most regular Fit owners aren't passionate about their vehicles like the members of this forum. To them, it's just basic, cheap, economical transportation. They didn't buy it for looks (most will even say it's "ugly") or handling, and they certainly don't keep an eye out for other Fits. Heck, as long as it starts when they turn the key...

To them after all, it's just a "car"...
I think you've gotten the issue correct right there. Being in Boston, I see a few Fits around, especially around Harvard and other Universities. But, they are not Fits that people are taking care of. Just yesterday, I saw an NHBP that was already dented, dirty and in a general state of disrepair. It made me very sad, and somewhat mad as well.

For a car that is so fun to drive, and so fuel efficient, it's depressing that general people don't seem to be taking care of their Fits. It's a daily driver, for sure, but ppl should still care for their cars!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Stadol
For a car that is so fun to drive, and so fuel efficient, it's depressing that general people don't seem to be taking care of their Fits. It's a daily driver, for sure, but ppl should still care for their cars!
It is not limited to owners of Fits. How often do we see cars that cost two or three times as much as a Fit, that look like they are hauling a week's worth of junk on the inside, and an exterior that hasn't seen a car wash in ages? For me, the statement, "You are what you drive" rings true.

I can't believe that in general, a lot of folks don't take very good care of their "stuff", whatever it may be, whatever the cost. I work too hard for each dollar I earn, and I'll be damed if I let my stuff look like poop and treat it like crap. Pride and self respect are woefully absent in much of today's society. It is not a factor of, nor should it be limited or linked to income level. "Money doesn't buy you class."

Not only do I really enjoy driving my car, I have a "relationship" with it and I depend on it every day. It's a proven fact that it will last longer if you clean it regularly (inside and out) and have it serviced when required. This equals more worry free driving, and in the end results in a lower cost of ownership and higher residual value when the time comes. People always ask, "When do find the time?", and I answer simply, "I just do. Time, like money, needs to be budgeted."

Their response is usually, "What's a budget?". LOL!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StudlyDego73
Funny you should say that. I originally had in my previous post I waved to another fit on my way home on my lunch break and he didn't wave back. I removed it since I figured it was kind of random, but I completely agree!
awesome, northeast PA.. haha yeah i said foci before because that is the proper plural form of focus.

i've waved to other Fit drivers and i'm always ignored... haha so yeah it is pretty irritating. i actually saw pretty many fits when i went down to philly the other week, not surprising since it is a great city car. unfortunately most of the fits i saw already had lots of bruises. dents, scratches, and cracked bumpers.

i know its a very inexpensive car and a lot of people treat it as a way to get from A to B. but its the coolest fuel efficient car you can buy with so much potential.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM
man i see like 10 a day. i work on a navy base and theres at least 6 or 7 of them there. ive only seen one or two not stock at least. makes me feel a little special.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Angry The classless drivers

It is not limited to owners of Fits. How often do we see cars that cost two or three times as much as a Fit, that look like they are hauling a week's worth of junk on the inside, and an exterior that hasn't seen a car wash in ages? For me, the statement, "You are what you drive" rings true.

Pride and self respect are woefully absent in much of today's society."Money doesn't buy you class."

Not only do I really enjoy driving my car, I have a "relationship" with it and I depend on it every day. !
Continued good points, DeeZeex. Money does not buy you class at all, as evidenced by the many, many trashed out Beemers and Benz' that I see around town all the time.

I realize that the economy is in the toilet, but that seems like a reason to preserve the few things that you can afford, as opposed to treating them like crap and ultimately tearing them down!

I don't think that any of us here are millionaires (are we?), so we polish and pamper our little Hondas, because we are proud of them!

Pride of ownership bestows a sense of class upon you!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Stadol
I don't think that any of us here are millionaires (are we?), so we polish and pamper our little Hondas, because we are proud of them!

Pride of ownership bestows a sense of class upon you!
Any millionaire will tell you that a vehicle is a liability, and is not an asset, because it costs you money! One would think, as you have stated, that in our present economic climate, one would be trying to reduce one's expenses, since this is is far easier that increasing one's income.

Still, most folk's 'Financial Intelligence" is woefully absent or virtually non-existant. Certainly, the price of gas affects everyone, but so many people chase the pennies and lose the dollars. A little prior planning can prevent poor performance and the resulting larger outlays of cash over time that result from higher and more frequent repair costs, as well as increased depreciation. Keeping our vehicles clean and well maintained is a low cost investment that we can do with relatively little effort, and pays out huge dividends over time.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up The finances of Fits

Any millionaire will tell you that a vehicle is a liability, and is not an asset, because it costs you money!

Still, most folk's 'Financial Intelligence" is woefully absent or virtually non-existant. Certainly, the price of gas affects everyone, but so many people chase the pennies and lose the dollars.
I think that "chasing the pennies" is the problem that I keep seeing. People will drive their (sh*tbucket) cars halfway across town (no mean feat with our traffic) to save 3 cents a gallon, and not realize that if they changed the oil and balanced their tires, they'd save more for a longer period of time!

Also, even though I know inherently that I did lose money when I drove my Fit off the lot last week, I can't help but think that I made an excellent investment. I think all of our aftermarket items are putting bad money after good (unless it increases your milage)...but it's ok, because it increases our level of happiness that we have with our Fits!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StudlyDego73

nah man you should have left it!

at anyrate, let this thread be indicative of how fit drivers should be.

1.amiable towards eachother, throwing the thumbs up or the ok sign when they see a fellow fit driver

and

2. take car of you flippin car people.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
I saw *3* VBP Sports on the way to work today. This was the first day where I wish I didn't have this color!

-Mike

Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I felt really stupid yesterday when I waved at the Fit next to me while at a stop light. The passenger looked at me like I was a stalker and then she turned her head the other way. The other driver wasn't even paying attention. That's probably the 4th or 5th time I have waved at other Fit drivers with no response.

Oh well.

Perhaps I'll try the thumbs-up method next time.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
tin
5 Year Member
We all need FitFreak.net decals, so we can wave without looking dumb. I have one, but have not seen another Fit with it yet.

Quick Reply: Fits are everywhere!!!