General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fits are everywhere!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
tin
5 Year Member
Fits are everywhere!!!

I don't believe it, there are Fits everywhere! I've been seeing them more and more recently, but today while circling to find parking I must have saw like 5-6 other Fits either parked or also looking for parking. Hopefully the Fit doesn't become too popular, I want to feel at least a little special.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:34 PM
i think you notice it more because you have one yourself. it's like me every time i see either a nissan maxima or nissan 240sx.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
i see 2-4 fits a day

Old 07-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Retired Moderator
I see 2-6 daily. Sucks. I loved when they were rare.

Tyler

Old 07-27-2008, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
i hear you dude... i saw at least between 3-6 a day... most of them are SSM

Old 07-27-2008, 11:55 PM
I think it comes to a point where you have to think of like this:

You are an owner of a "rare" Honda Fit because you are an owner who actually cares. When I owned my 6gc, I saw tons of them being driven by people who probably, and obviously, didn't give a damn about their car. You just have to realize that you love the car you have and will probably be in love with it for the rest of your, or its, life

Old 07-27-2008, 11:58 PM
One day I see a bunch of them, the next day I don't see any at all. Seems like fit drivers only want to come out every other day. Also, it's getting kinda harder to distinguish who is on/off this forum.

Also, I see alot of older people driving fits now. They need to stop making the 08's! lol

Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 AM
I only see probably 1 daily I think there are maybe 10 of us total in the city I live in. That isn't that many.

Been seeing lots and lots more GTIs and BMWs lately.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Yea, the first guy I seen around town with one...think was last year was a guy at tintmasters, goes by umm slofit on here I thinks, or he used to. Then I seen a couple more this spring I think...summer came, couple more, just before I got mine there were maybe 6 I'd seen around town..after getting mine, umm 10-15 I think. Was right beside a base vbp one night...perty epic IMO, 2 vbp's at the same light...going teh same direction. I looked, smiled, but the chick in the other fit didn't see/care prolly. lol, I did though. It's what seperates us from them, our love for these cars. It's not just a daily comuter...well it is, but it's more than that to most of us... lawl.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 AM
elite!

Originally Posted by TOOL
I see 2-6 daily. Sucks. I loved when they were rare.

Tyler
Agree completely! The worst is when a neighbor showed up with one. I know they exist in my area because of fitfreaks but at least I've never sighted another BBP!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
i only see a few around every once and a while but not too often, and two other people have them at the Army Depot I work at and one at the school i go to... and its usually just some old couple or a woman driving one. but my feeling is there still are only so many of these cars here, its not like all of the chevy malibu or cavaliers or ford foci, rangers... whatever. plus those of us who mod their cars will still be different. finally, the car has only been here in the states for two years and next year is a new body style. we probably aren't going to see many more fits like ours than we already do.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Wink Same here..

I know I have noticed a huge increase in Fits here in San Diego, I see like 3 to 5 a day now, before only about 1 a day back about 4 months ago.

I'm also noticing a a lot more VBP out too.. kinda bummed.. especially since I see little old ladies driving them now.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah ive all of a sudden started seeing them everywhere too. However, all of the ones I see are automatic and STOCK AS SHIT. So not only will it still maintain some level of uniqueness only having a 2 year production run for the US, but also with so many older drivers keeping them stock ours still stand out alot more.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
First you complaining when the dealer does not have enough Fit's in stock or it is hard to get one at all because of low production rate. Then when the number of vehicle at your dealer get larger and still sells good (ofcourse everyone like the Fit because it is a good car) and now you see many of them on the road and you complaining about there beeing too many of them?

I did not mind waiting 3 month befor getting mine. And it is still hard to get a Jazz here in my town. But then I know my car is rare, and that is nice

Old 07-28-2008, 01:56 AM
The Fit is getting very popular, and as we all know for very good reason... I dont mind seeing a few Fits a day...As long as they dont become like Civics. My Lord you see 30-50 2007-2008 Honda Civics a day.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Talking 4 Fits at Best Buy on Saturday!

This was the first time I've ever seen so many together in one place by chance.

When I entered the parking lot at Best Buy I happened to find an open spot right up front -- directly across from 2 Red Sport Fits parked side by side. When I parked, I thought it was funny and would appear as a joke to one of the other owners (or other people in general) if they came back out before I did. It was in impromptu Fit Rally (I said to myself).

Anyway, when I came back out of the store the other 2 Fits were still parked next to mine. As I pressed my keyfob to unlock my car -- I noticed that a 4th Fit (a Silver Sport) had joined us and was parked in the spot directly behind me. I guess that Fit owner had also thought it was funny when he was parking.

I am seeing a lot more Fits around -- on the highway, at restaurants, stores, and around town. I sure hope they're not going to become commonplace like Civics have. One guy told me he would have bought the Civic, but the reason he didn't is that everyone has one!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:34 AM
I see about one a week, I saw two when i was in boston for the day. The small car phenomenon will take a bit longer to catch on in Maine i think

Originally Posted by jrlnc
I sure hope they're not going to become commonplace like Civics have. One guy told me he would have bought the Civic, but the reason he didn't is that everyone has one!
I honestly dont think they will, the civic is a little more generic and "cool" looking, and i think most people would be more comfortable purchasing that car instead. The FIT is a little quirky and strange, and is probably not considered "cool" by a majority of people. I think only a certain type of people will be drawn to the car keeping us a unique community.. .at least somewhat.

Last edited by boon4376; 07-28-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I was in San Diego, staying right downtown at the US Grant a few weeks ago, and was really hoping to spot some unique vehicles, but especially any Cali Fits. We walked all over downtown (breakfast at The Cheese Shop!!), out to Little Italy (lot's of Italian Motorcyles) and also walked from the ferry terminal on Coronado to the Del and back one day. Never saw a single Fit! Now, maybe if I'd been crusing the Pacific Coast Highway...

I think that most regular Fit owners aren't passionate about their vehicles like the members of this forum. To them, it's just basic, cheap, economical transportation. They didn't buy it for looks (most will even say it's "ugly") or handling, and they certainly don't keep an eye out for other Fits. Heck, as long as it starts when they turn the key...

To them after all, it's just a "car"...

Old 07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by boon4376
I see about one a week, I saw two when i was in boston for the day. The small car phenomenon will take a bit longer to catch on in Maine i think

I honestly dont think they will, the civic is a little more generic and "cool" looking, and i think most people would be more comfortable purchasing that car instead. The FIT is a little quirky and strange, and is probably not considered "cool" by a majority of people. I think only a certain type of people will be drawn to the car keeping us a unique community.. .at least somewhat.
You know, when the fits first came out in the US, I was at a dealership looking at potential cars with the gf. I came across a fit and I was like, damn this car looks like shit. Never had interest for it ever, then I saw one again somewhere, went to the dealer and took it for a test drive. I fell in love with one, but I had to wait like 2 weeks before the shipment came in. But the car does like quite strange but I guess thats why I like it.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I only see another Fit about once a week down here. I don't drive as much as a lot of people probably do though. I do remember seeing 2 in one day once.

Quick Reply: Fits are everywhere!!!